HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
04-30-2013, 03:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
So I pre-ordered Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut on the PS3 a few weeks ago on Amazon. It came out today, but on their website, they won't even be able to ship the game till May 30th. A ****ing month after release... what *********. I cancelled the order and I'll just wait for it to come to Gamestop.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:06 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

battlefield 4.... yea... can't wait.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:00 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Finally got Black Ops 2 a couple of weeks ago. Haven't touched the campaign or corny zombies. Still learning the maps, but I'm pretty decent.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

I’m not sure if this is the best place for this, but there is an active NHL13 GM Connected League for PS3 that is about to start its off-season (currently finishing season 2). There following teams are available: BOS, BUF, CAR, FLA, MON, NYR, PHI, PIT and WIN in the East and ANA, CAL, DAL, EDM and SJ in the West. Current rosters were posted by the league’s commissioner on the EA Sports NHL thread in the Fantasy Hockey & Video Games section here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1417095.

Seeing as your team is open (although there have been some roster changes, but Giroux is still there) I was hoping to get some interest in joining. We really have a good group of people with an solid and dedicated core of GMs. Only mandate is to join our Facebook group to converse, talk trades or setup games. The Commissioner does a lot to keep things organized and moving along. He advances every 5 days (off-season will be different, so please sign up soon, if interested!) Feel free to PM me or “Devil X” for more info. Thanks!

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
SuchySays

soooo... how about Simmonds eliminating Malkin in the cover vote?

lol

Last edited by SuchySays: 05-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.
SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:31 PM
SolidSnakeUS

****ing awesome .

Old
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Brozgalov

Does anyone still play NHL 13 EASHL on Xbox 360 regularly? I play drop in games almost every night and would love to play on a team with some fellow Flyers fans. I know the first post has gamertags but I figured most of those people aren't still playing.

I have become pretty decent at the game and play the right way, I play to win and will basically fill in any position needed aside from Goalie which I haven't played much of. I prefer LW or either D position (playmaker/2-way-forward and Defensive Dman)

Let me know if you're interested in playing and I can add you up. Again I take the game seriously enough to want to win but I really don't care about losing all that much. I am not worried about my stats as I am already a legend 3.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Just a minor rant/update/sharing of info: (I work at GameStop btw)

Two of our local store managers we're personally close with were offered severance packages tonight at around 9pm (closing time). They were told by our DM that "the company is not doing well" and that the first cuts are payroll. Payroll barely exists to begin with, as the low-end employees like myself are lucky to get 10 hours a week. They were told that the company will utilize 1 store manager for every 2 stores nationwide, and we dunno how that'll work.

The company really started changing negatively about 4 years ago, going sales heavy as opposed to the much more fun customer service is king angle, which allowed us to have 2-4 employees working at all times. Now you're lucky to have 2 clocked in at once. Then about a year ago, they decided to start accepting ipods/phones/pads as trade-ins, unaware how much filth walks through our doors with likely stolen items and fuels his/her drug kick through us. We take in about 20 idevices for cash for every 1 we sell, and the employees have come to the realization they may only be in business for another 3-5 years.

THEN the NextGens are on the horizon, and they may expedite the demise, as it's rumored neither the PS4 or 720 will allow you to play used games on their devices, which is what gives GameStop about 99% of it's profit.

Love us or hate us, I'd bet good money that GameStops will be gone in about a year. Unfortunately I don't have good money because I work there. Shoulda quit years ago.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

I noticed that fewer employees were working, but I figured that was just my local store.

Not being able to play pre-owned games is so stupid. If I buy it pre-owned, it's because I didn't want it at release or at a higher price. Unless they drop the price of games more than they do now, all it's going to do is make me buy less games, and therefore less of the precious DLC.

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 06:30 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
https://www.facebook.com/paulholmgrenblows
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kDqt61p7YFdt1c

Fun "experiment" myself and some friends came up with. Feel free to stop in and leave comments and suggestions, etc.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Komarov47

i'm still playing NHL12 lol I'm really looking for Assassin's Creed Black Flag, it looks amazing !

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Akanon

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:01 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Wow, a bunch of that really should of been in NHL 13. Especially the improvement on the pivoting and puck control. Now if they can tone down the poke check and make the stick lift a tad more viable, then it would even out the game a bit more. I also hope they don't use the same ******** CPU AI for goalies. Also, the new strafing system for D-men is a much welcomed addition.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Brozgalov

NHL 14 looks like the only EA sports title not coming to Xbox One until NHL 15

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
So, after 7 long years, it looks like my original 360 is dying . Already runs louder than a blender, and if it isn't below freezing in my room, it overheats within 5-10 minutes.

Think I might switch back to PlayStation for this new generation of consoles, although I loved my 360.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:37 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Was it this loud?

Old
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Was it this loud?

.......... and I guess nows a good time to stop complaining about my 360's noise factor

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
.......... and I guess nows a good time to stop complaining about my 360's noise factor
Yes, it was really that bad.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
NHL 14 looks like the only EA sports title not coming to Xbox One until NHL 15
Yet they pitched NBA Live, which probably will get canceled again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
So, after 7 long years, it looks like my original 360 is dying . Already runs louder than a blender, and if it isn't below freezing in my room, it overheats within 5-10 minutes.

Think I might switch back to PlayStation for this new generation of consoles, although I loved my 360.
It seems to be the better choice right now for gaming. PlayStation "World" sounds amazing ($50 per year membership, you can play all PS, PS2, and PS3 titles whenever you want for free...I assume they're Sony only titles though). PS4 is back to catering to gamers and developers. 360 is going in the "media hub" direction, a one stop shop for tv, games, social media, sports/fantasy, etc.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 11:57 PM
PALE PWNR

Down to Brodeur vs. Bob for the cover vote of NHL14. Brodeur beat out Datsyuk Bob beat out Tavares

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 02:51 AM
RussianRocket10

It's about time we get a goalie on the cover.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 06:29 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I hope Brodeur wins because somehow he was never a cover player, yet he still is probably the best goalie in history.

Old
05-28-2013, 06:58 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Love us or hate us, I'd bet good money that GameStops will be gone in about a year. Unfortunately I don't have good money because I work there. Shoulda quit years ago.
I can't stand GameStop and I'm glad to see them go, but part of me can't help but feel upset about this change in the gaming industry. Sorry for those who have lost their jobs/might lose their jobs soon.

Picked up a 3DS over the weekend along with Pokemon Black v2 - this **** is like crack!

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:15 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'm real psyched about the PS4, but the launch titles don't look all that impressive. I remember the PS3 and the PS2 having some pretty sweet looking games when they first came out, but the PS4 looks like it is just sequels to old games. I want to get the PS4 at launch but not if there aren't any good games available.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:31 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm real psyched about the PS4, but the launch titles don't look all that impressive. I remember the PS3 and the PS2 having some pretty sweet looking games when they first came out, but the PS4 looks like it is just sequels to old games. I want to get the PS4 at launch but not if there aren't any good games available.
I'd wait till E3. Apparently SE is going to announce an PS4 FF game (probably for launch and wouldn't doubt it if it was FFV13).