HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
I saw North Dakota vs Denver game back in November, seeing Dowd, Gravel and Shore. Gravel skates very well for his size; very smooth and agile. Good positioning
and seemed to have good hockey sense and plays smart. Physical, but wasn't punishing anyone. Someone mentioned on the boards about wanting to see Ellerby develop a nasty edge and get mean - just play tough; that Greene and (hopefully) Mitchell bring that out in him. That would be great to see Ellerby have that. As far as Gravel, it was too hard to tell from 1 game of seeing Gravel if he has that or not...pix of Gravel and Dowd before opening faceoff...Dowd is pretty big 6'2" 200 and Gravel makes him look small, here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-3111.jpg‎ (45.6 KB, 22 views)

Old
05-11-2013, 11:58 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Good. I need to tell everyone "I told you so" when he becomes our best defensive defenseman.
I wont forget you buddy!

Now I will get to bask in your glory when Porkins makes it and becomes a stud for us. I have always liked his game but you had him before I did by a stretch. Can't wait for more "I told you so's" from you Holden and everyone else who follows our kids.

We are stupid deep.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

Colin Miller selected to OHL:s Third All Star Team.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...r-teams/143819

Old
05-22-2013, 09:33 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

What is going to happen with Chris Gibson? Will he go unsigned?
Are there any other players that could reenter the draft.

Old
05-28-2013, 06:07 PM
KRM

FYI, former Swedish NHLer Niklas Andersson is Kings new amateur scout in Sweden. His older brother Mikael, also a former NHLer has been with the Lightnings scouting staff for almost a decade.

http://bloggar.expressen.se/snackame...ra-det-battre/

Old
05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
What is going to happen with Chris Gibson? Will he go unsigned?
Are there any other players that could reenter the draft.
Most of the players left that are in Juniors will likely be signed once the playoffs are completed. With Manchester and Ontario eliminated there is really nowhere for any of them to play, sure they could end up like Forbort and Shore and part of the Black Aces but it's likely that having 4-5 guys learning the Kings systems right now could be a bit distracting from experiencing the playoff run which is the true purpose of the Aces.

Quote:
FYI, former Swedish NHLer Niklas Andersson is Kings new amateur scout in Sweden. His older brother Mikael, also a former NHLer has been with the Lightnings scouting staff for almost a decade.

Am I the only one saw Niklas Andersson and immediately thought this was news on Niclas Andersen the unsigned former Kings draft pick from 2006?

Old
05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post

It's good for LA to get more serious about the Swedes, some very good players there.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
It's good for LA to get more serious about the Swedes, some very good players there.
Swedes? I think you may want to refer to the Ottawa Senators! Look at the Swedish talent on that team: Alfie, Lehner, Karlsson, Silfverberg, Petersson, Rundblad (before they traded him), Zibanejad.

Old
05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
As long as they stay far FAR away from any creepy Swedish twins with ginger powers, then I'm good with them looking at more Swedish players...

Old
05-29-2013, 08:41 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Looks like we've got breaking news here.

According to Ron Hextall, the Kings likely won't be signing Schumacher or Gibson (!) to entry-level deals before the June 1st deadline, allowing them to re-enter the draft.

Wow. Not signing a second-round pick is a pretty big deal. Was our highest pick that draft. Kind of sucks.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/05/kings...cts-this-week/

edit: He says Kitsyn is likely to sign and go to the AHL, but man, losing Gibson is tough.

Old
05-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Good news too:

Left wing Maxim Kitsyn looks to be returning to North America. The highly skilled forward opened a lot of eyes while playing for the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors (OHL) in 2011 before returning to Russia to honor previous commitments.

Hextall says the Kings can sign him in July and all indications are a deal will be announced at that time.

If so, the 6-foot-2 forward will most likely be assigned to Manchester (AHL) next season.

“There’s training camp for everybody, but that would be our thought process at that point,” Hextall noted. “If any player comes in and lights it up at training camp, things can change. But, that would be out thought process.”

Gibson and Schumacher out, Kitsyn most likely in.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Tadite

No Gibson!!! Wow. Big crazy news. That's unexpected. Guys had a tough couple of years but even so!

Old
05-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think Gibson's performance at the WJC kind of derailed him. He hasn't been the same since and has regressed since his draft year. That's the risk you take in drafting goaltenders early. Some crack, some emerge. Looks like Gibson cracked.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:26 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Remember when I said I didn't like the Gibson pick? And that I saw major holes in his game? This goes along with me saying no to brad Richards. Just start listening to me.

Hey Kings, hire me any time.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Good news too:

Left wing Maxim Kitsyn looks to be returning to North America. The highly skilled forward opened a lot of eyes while playing for the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors (OHL) in 2011 before returning to Russia to honor previous commitments.

Hextall says the Kings can sign him in July and all indications are a deal will be announced at that time.

If so, the 6-foot-2 forward will most likely be assigned to Manchester (AHL) next season.

“There’s training camp for everybody, but that would be our thought process at that point,” Hextall noted. “If any player comes in and lights it up at training camp, things can change. But, that would be out thought process.”

Gibson and Schumacher out, Kitsyn most likely in.

I thought I had posted this last week.

Oh well, Kitsyn is definitely coming back and like I have said is very excited to get his shot at the NHL.

He is one of the prospects in our system that I believe can be with the team sooner rather than later and very well could be a big impact player. Over the past month I had a chance to watch a dedicated vid of his every minute of his season. His game is still right there. He was forced to play a very defencive game and faced what allot of young Russians are forced to face after leaving the country to play hockey in NA and then having to return.

There is a term for it but it breaks down to a level of punishment.

Kitysn will need some time to re-assimilate to the NA style of game but he hits hard and has truly exceptional hands. Here's hoping he makes the team within the next year. Heck of a player.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:45 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I thought I had posted this last week.

Oh well, Kitsyn is definitely coming back and like I have said is very excited to get his shot at the NHL.

He is one of the prospects in our system that I believe can be with the team sooner rather than later and very well could be a big impact player. Over the past month I had a chance to watch a dedicated vid of his every minute of his season. His game is still right there. He was forced to play a very defencive game and faced what allot of young Russians are forced to face after leaving the country to play hockey in NA and then having to return.

There is a term for it but it breaks down to a level of punishment.

Kitysn will need some time to re-assimilate to the NA style of game but he hits hard and has truly exceptional hands. Here's hoping he makes the team within the next year. Heck of a player.
A rare case of us not necessarily agreeing. I haven't seen any of him since he was in Mississauga but I didn't come away overly excited. I definitely think he has potential but it sounds like you're a lot higher on him than me. I definitely trust you more than everyone on this board so hopefully for once I'm wrong

Old
05-29-2013, 10:01 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
A rare case of us not necessarily agreeing. I haven't seen any of him since he was in Mississauga but I didn't come away overly excited. I definitely think he has potential but it sounds like you're a lot higher on him than me. I definitely trust you more than everyone on this board so hopefully for once I'm wrong
I think it comes from my spending a few seasons in EU following Russian hockey super closely. Kitsyn stands up to all but the very best of the Russian kids I have seen. Will it translate? Time will tell if I am right or biased.

I thought he had a great playoffs while he was there though? Well after what you wrote I am going to have to make a note to dig up those games and watch him again. My summer is getting booked.

I hope you are wrong this time too. I have spoken with Max a bunch and he really is a great kid and really really really wants to be a King and to live in Los Angeles. You know how Drew wanted to be a King all of his young life?

Kitsyn has a huge Los Angeles Poster in the front of the house he grew up in and he is known as Голливуд (hollywood) for a nick name. Doesn't mean he should be given a spot, just makes me want to see him get one.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Whiskeypete

excited to hear that Kitsyn is headed back. he along with Forbort and Mersch are the three i am most anxious to begin seeing and hearing more of.

surprised to hear about Schumacher not being re-upped. wasn't there speculation of him pushing through the system to MAN fairly quickly?

Gibson doesn't surprise me though. i never saw the kid but it was obvious there were more detractors than those in favor of him. the feedback during and after prospect camp about him was usually very negative. there always seemed to be a consistency issue and problems with basic mechanics

Old
05-29-2013, 10:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I think it comes from my spending a few seasons in EU following Russian hockey super closely. Kitsyn stands up to all but the very best of the Russian kids I have seen. Will it translate? Time will tell if I am right or biased.

I thought he had a great playoffs while he was there though? Well after what you wrote I am going to have to make a note to dig up those games and watch him again. My summer is getting booked.

I hope you are wrong this time too. I have spoken with Max a bunch and he really is a great kid and really really really wants to be a King and to live in Los Angeles. You know how Drew wanted to be a King all of his young life?

Kitsyn has a huge Los Angeles Poster in the front of the house he grew up in and he is known as Голливуд (hollywood) for a nick name. Doesn't mean he should be given a spot, just makes me want to see him get one.
If I remember correctly, he was good not great. But its great to hear he has a good attitude and wants to be here.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:22 PM
kinghock

Will we get compensation for not sighing Gibson?

Old
05-29-2013, 10:27 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Is there a limit to the amount of prospects we can sign? Like 53 man roster, or are there other methods?

Old
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Will we get compensation for not sighing Gibson?
Nope, new CBA rules only award compensation for unsigned 1st round prospects.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Is there a limit to the amount of prospects we can sign? Like 53 man roster, or are there other methods?
50 contract max per team. I believe the kings are at 47.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:43 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
50 contract max per team. I believe the kings are at 47.
If we've got room, we should be signing them. I don't know what we'll be using those spots on, but I'm doubtful we sign anybody from this upcoming draft. As for free agency, we will probably lose more players than we actually get. Some FAs may only be replaced by prospects from the system. I'm confident there's room. Schumakers size, and our goalie pipeline is weak.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:46 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
If we've got room, we should be signing them. I don't know what we'll be using those spots on, but I'm doubtful we sign anybody from this upcoming draft. As for free agency, we will probably lose more players than we actually get. Some FAs may only be replaced by prospects from the system. I'm confident there's room. Schumakers size, and our goalie pipeline is weak.
We have I believe 9 draft picks this year, and there could be more where that came from with Bernier being traded. I get Schumacher, but Gibson, seriously?

Closed Thread