HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I know that there have been some who have mentioned his name before

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 04:41 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
I know that there have been some who have mentioned his name before

but did I just see that Nigel Dawes popped in 4 goals in the WJC for Canada? Can the kid really be good? He's got 6 goals and is playing very well by all accounts. I know that he does not have much size, but is there any hope that the kid turns out to be a real NYL player. So hard to tell from #'s that come from juniors.

Old
01-04-2004, 05:12 PM
nyr5186

Small guys like Datsyuk, St. Louis, and Samsonov have all made it to the NHL and have had great success despite their size. They take advantage of their speed and quickness, but they've also learned to avoid getting killed in the corners and are not afraid to mix . Theres no question Dawes has the talent and effort to be a solid NHL player. The question is whether he commits himself off the ice in the weight room. Either way, looks like Renney and Co. made a great lower round pick. If he does eventually make it to the big club, he's gonna be one hell of an exciting player to watch.

Last edited by nyr5186: 01-04-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old
01-05-2004, 04:08 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Small guys like Datsyuk, St. Louis, and Samsonov have all made it to the NHL and have had great success despite their size. They take advantage of their speed and quickness, but they've also learned to avoid getting killed in the corners and are not afraid to mix . Theres no question Dawes has the talent and effort to be a solid NHL player. The question is whether he commits himself off the ice in the weight room. Either way, looks like Renney and Co. made a great lower round pick. If he does eventually make it to the big club, he's gonna be one hell of an exciting player to watch.

question is...will he get a chance with this club? so many others have before, have been given no shot as the spots have been taken by overpaid mercenaries!

Old
01-05-2004, 04:15 AM
allrevvedup25

Dawes is very exciting to watch. I have watched 3 of the 4 games that the Canadian Junior team has played and his line have been the line that has given the team some life. He is very fast and is not intimidated by anyone and will go in the corner and come out with the puck. He kinda reminds me of Fleury when he was young but he won't be as offensive as Fleury was but he has a better attitude!! If he is wasted on the 3rd or 4th lines he will be a waste, but if you can put him with a scorer and someone that can keep up with him, he will be a very effective player!!!

Did anyone see the Dion Phaneuf hit!!! WOW, I wished the Rangers would have traded up to pick him!! I mean, Jessiman may turn into a good player, but Phaneuf will be awesome. The way he closed the gap on that hit was amazing!!! Oh well, we can only dream!!!

Closed Thread