HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olivier Archambault won't receive an offer

Old
05-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He showed good speed in Hamilton but his play tailed off. Still thought he would have gotten an AHL contract, but did have concerns about him being knocked off the puck so easily as he needs a lot of improvement on lower body strength. I would think he could do well in the ECHL next year if some team gives him an AHL contract.
Perhaps they'll let him re-enter the draft and see if anyone else wants him then offer him an AHL contract in August if he has nothing and we miss out on any August 15th NCAA UFAs we are looking at.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:58 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Tampa will pick him up and he will have a 100 pt season in the AHL and only be called up vs the Habs.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Dates back to his days in Val d'Or. Many believe coaching and management felt his attitude was not good and his overall work ethic was poor. He was then traded to Drummondville and it looked like things were improving but as the season wore on, bad habits continued (mainly bad penalties and a negative aura surrounding him).

He has good skills; a nice shot and quick release, and he does have some wheels, but the latest news suggests that his overall game is not up to par and neither is his work ethic/attitude.
Sounds like he'll eventually be a 4th liner for the bruins or the leafs.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Tampa will pick him up and he will have a 100 pt season in the AHL and only be called up vs the Habs.

You know it will happen though ! If it does I will be mad for the habs. Happy for him though

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Forsead

I'm not surprised, guys that have a hard time getting to PPG in the QMJHL in their fourth season at 19-20 years old while playing a soft top-6 skill only forward game are really good prospects and I would be highly surprised if he would make the NHL.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Yeah cause it sure blew up in our face with guys like Gallagher.

We should get Timmins to hire you instead of Churla.
I wanted Gallagher, watched him play a ton in Van. My point is, a lot of people here get it 'right' in the later rounds of the mock drafts.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:39 PM
dcyhabs

Archambault will probably, as many Montreal prospects do, finally realize that he needs to get his act together, go to the gym, work on the ice, listen to his coaches, and go on to be good elsewhere. Frustrating, but as with so many others it wouldn't happen if he stayed.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Archambault will probably, as many Montreal prospects do, finally realize that he needs to get his act together, go to the gym, work on the ice, listen to his coaches, and go on to be good elsewhere. Frustrating, but as with so many others it wouldn't happen if he stayed.
He barely has AHL potential, let alone NHL.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
His biggest issue is a lack of vision and hockey sense making him a one dimensional offensive player.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I wanted Gallagher, watched him play a ton in Van. My point is, a lot of people here get it 'right' in the later rounds of the mock drafts.
Post your picks for this year's draft. They will be perfect, as usual, and send the link to Timmins. You'll be hired and we'll have a perfect draft every year, you'll become the head scout, and we'll win 10 Stanley cup in a row.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote