HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Colorado Contemplates Trading 1st Overall Pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2013, 05:32 PM
  #226
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,546
vCash: 500
There is some underration (invented new word) of Edler's abilities here by my fellow Avs fans. Jones probably has more potential than him, but holy crap Edler is exactly what we lack.

Actually would Canuck fans do a package with the main pieces being Hamhuis and our 1st round pick?

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
  #227
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
If you guys moved up to 5th I'd be more interested, but that package with Ennis would also entice me. I'm sure Roy would be interested in Grigorenko... just hope he could play wing.
If it must be Ennis I think a deal is done if we are the GMs
You wouldn't be taking on too much salary, and buffalo still keeps their 16th overall as well.

I think I'd prefer to just deal with the avs. Two trades could end up being two overpayments. I'd rather just have one haha.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
  #228
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
There is some underration (invented new word) of Edler's abilities here by my fellow Avs fans. Jones probably has more potential than him, but holy crap Edler is exactly what we lack.

Actually would Canuck fans do a package with the main pieces being Hamhuis and our 1st round pick?
Avs certainly wouldn't. I don't care how good Hamhuis is, he'll be 31 this year and he also loves it in Vancouver.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:53 PM
  #229
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,517
vCash: 500
it's just to see the cards they have in hands. They can't say "We won't trade our pick, forget it" because they could get an amazing offer in return. Now, they give every team the opportunity to make a bid for the pick and if something amazing comes up, the Avs will make a dead. They'll probably keep the pick, but they can't close the window of opportunities.

wedge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
  #230
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
There is some underration (invented new word) of Edler's abilities here by my fellow Avs fans. Jones probably has more potential than him, but holy crap Edler is exactly what we lack.

Actually would Canuck fans do a package with the main pieces being Hamhuis and our 1st round
pick?
Edler certainly has all the tools and the ability to be a top defensman in the NHL, and he's shown he can be just that, but he's far to inconsistent for my liking. I've also seem him make boneheaded plays that make you question what exactly he's thinking out there. He's 27 and in his prime, I'm honestly not sure if he will ever put it all together. I would absolutely love to have Edler, but probably not at what the Canucks value him at.




As for Hamhuis, I think he'd pretty much be the ideal partner for EJ, but MacKinnon/Jones could make a deal around 1st overall and Hamhuis look pretty dumb in a few years. I also doubt Hamhuis would ever waive from Vancouver.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:57 PM
  #231
ThereGoesVirtanen
Fire Benning
 
ThereGoesVirtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,119
vCash: 500
No way Hamhuis is leaving, he took a discount just to sign here.

Another offer:

Kesler
Edler

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:02 PM
  #232
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
No way Hamhuis is leaving, he took a discount just to sign here.

Another offer:

Kesler
Edler
I would do this, there is no way in hell it gets offered but its another proposal that fills the two major holes in our roster.

Kesler can play wing very well, and him and Stastny would be pretty amazing together IMO. Edler would fill the hole next to EJ.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
  #233
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I would do this, there is no way in hell it gets offered but its another proposal that fills the two major holes in our roster.

Kesler can play wing very well, and him and Stastny would be pretty amazing together IMO. Edler would fill the hole next to EJ.
Really? You'd actually do this?

Kesler and Edler for MacKinnon or Jones?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:11 PM
  #234
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Really? You'd actually do this?

Kesler and Edler for MacKinnon or Jones?
You can pick whoever you want once we have those two on the roster. I don't think Kesler is going to score 40 goals on a regular basis, but he'd basically be a veteran version of Landeskog on the wing with more scoring ability. I do think he can continue to score 30 a year.

It only really works because Kesler is better at wing (IMO), and adding a big strong veteran forward that still has quite a few years left in the game and plenty of playoff experience is exactly what we need. Along with a offensive minded left handed defender who can long 20 minutes a night.

Yes I would do it...

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:59 PM
  #235
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I really think the only way it happens is if its a massive over payment or if Roy really likes Drouin like some reports are saying.

What would TB give for a #1, #3 swap?
Tampa would like Drouin too, Lac St- Louis connection with Vinnie and Killorn. Marty St-Louis can also have a say here.

A team with these 4 plus Stamkos could be exciting ehh?

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:01 PM
  #236
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
if the package doesn't include Bozak, Colorado's not interested.

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:21 PM
  #237
Iracundia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 472
vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
You can pick whoever you want once we have those two on the roster. I don't think Kesler is going to score 40 goals on a regular basis, but he'd basically be a veteran version of Landeskog on the wing with more scoring ability. I do think he can continue to score 30 a year.

It only really works because Kesler is better at wing (IMO), and adding a big strong veteran forward that still has quite a few years left in the game and plenty of playoff experience is exactly what we need. Along with a offensive minded left handed defender who can long 20 minutes a night.

Yes I would do it...
and Vancouver has to take back Davy Jones or no deal

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:26 PM
  #238
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
No way Hamhuis is leaving, he took a discount just to sign here.

Another offer:

Kesler
Edler
As fair value pretty close but no way a team gives up possible franchise player for 2 above average players so Avs would pass.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.