HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Colorado Contemplates Trading 1st Overall Pick

Old
05-29-2013, 05:32 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
There is some underration (invented new word) of Edler's abilities here by my fellow Avs fans. Jones probably has more potential than him, but holy crap Edler is exactly what we lack.

Actually would Canuck fans do a package with the main pieces being Hamhuis and our 1st round pick?

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
If you guys moved up to 5th I'd be more interested, but that package with Ennis would also entice me. I'm sure Roy would be interested in Grigorenko... just hope he could play wing.
If it must be Ennis I think a deal is done if we are the GMs
You wouldn't be taking on too much salary, and buffalo still keeps their 16th overall as well.

I think I'd prefer to just deal with the avs. Two trades could end up being two overpayments. I'd rather just have one haha.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
There is some underration (invented new word) of Edler's abilities here by my fellow Avs fans. Jones probably has more potential than him, but holy crap Edler is exactly what we lack.

Actually would Canuck fans do a package with the main pieces being Hamhuis and our 1st round pick?
Avs certainly wouldn't. I don't care how good Hamhuis is, he'll be 31 this year and he also loves it in Vancouver.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:53 PM
wedge

it's just to see the cards they have in hands. They can't say "We won't trade our pick, forget it" because they could get an amazing offer in return. Now, they give every team the opportunity to make a bid for the pick and if something amazing comes up, the Avs will make a dead. They'll probably keep the pick, but they can't close the window of opportunities.

wedge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Actually would Canuck fans do a package with the main pieces being Hamhuis and our 1st round
pick?
Edler certainly has all the tools and the ability to be a top defensman in the NHL, and he's shown he can be just that, but he's far to inconsistent for my liking. I've also seem him make boneheaded plays that make you question what exactly he's thinking out there. He's 27 and in his prime, I'm honestly not sure if he will ever put it all together. I would absolutely love to have Edler, but probably not at what the Canucks value him at.

As for Hamhuis, I think he'd pretty much be the ideal partner for EJ, but MacKinnon/Jones could make a deal around 1st overall and Hamhuis look pretty dumb in a few years. I also doubt Hamhuis would ever waive from Vancouver.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:57 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Fire Benning

No way Hamhuis is leaving, he took a discount just to sign here.

Another offer:

Kesler
Edler

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:02 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post

Another offer:

Kesler
Edler
I would do this, there is no way in hell it gets offered but its another proposal that fills the two major holes in our roster.

Kesler can play wing very well, and him and Stastny would be pretty amazing together IMO. Edler would fill the hole next to EJ.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I would do this, there is no way in hell it gets offered but its another proposal that fills the two major holes in our roster.

Kesler can play wing very well, and him and Stastny would be pretty amazing together IMO. Edler would fill the hole next to EJ.
Really? You'd actually do this?

Kesler and Edler for MacKinnon or Jones?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:11 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Really? You'd actually do this?

Kesler and Edler for MacKinnon or Jones?
You can pick whoever you want once we have those two on the roster. I don't think Kesler is going to score 40 goals on a regular basis, but he'd basically be a veteran version of Landeskog on the wing with more scoring ability. I do think he can continue to score 30 a year.

It only really works because Kesler is better at wing (IMO), and adding a big strong veteran forward that still has quite a few years left in the game and plenty of playoff experience is exactly what we need. Along with a offensive minded left handed defender who can long 20 minutes a night.

Yes I would do it...

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I really think the only way it happens is if its a massive over payment or if Roy really likes Drouin like some reports are saying.

What would TB give for a #1, #3 swap?
Tampa would like Drouin too, Lac St- Louis connection with Vinnie and Killorn. Marty St-Louis can also have a say here.

A team with these 4 plus Stamkos could be exciting ehh?

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:01 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

if the package doesn't include Bozak, Colorado's not interested.

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Iracundia

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
You can pick whoever you want once we have those two on the roster. I don't think Kesler is going to score 40 goals on a regular basis, but he'd basically be a veteran version of Landeskog on the wing with more scoring ability. I do think he can continue to score 30 a year.

It only really works because Kesler is better at wing (IMO), and adding a big strong veteran forward that still has quite a few years left in the game and plenty of playoff experience is exactly what we need. Along with a offensive minded left handed defender who can long 20 minutes a night.

Yes I would do it...
and Vancouver has to take back Davy Jones or no deal

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post

Another offer:

Kesler
Edler
As fair value pretty close but no way a team gives up possible franchise player for 2 above average players so Avs would pass.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote