HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 7/3) *Part IV*

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2013, 03:31 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday View Post
Season All Star Team 2012/2013 were:

goalkeeper:
Joacim Eriksson, Skelleftea AIK, 11 votes
Back:
Magnus Nygren, Detroit Red Wings, 8 votes
Back:
Staffan Kronwall, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, 14 votes
Forward:
Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå AIK, 15 votes
Forward:
Oscar Lindberg, Skelleftea AIK, 12 votes
Forward:
Carl Soderberg, Linköping HC, 13 votes

The vote was Swedish player's efforts in Swedish, Russian or European national series and the Tre Kronor internationals, EHT tournaments and World Cup.

http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesny...ongen20122013/

Nygren, Montreal Canadiens.

Old
05-29-2013, 04:14 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Where in my post did I say that McIlrath was taking too long to develop? I'm not sure what people are reading.

He's right about where he needs to be after one injury shortened year. I've grown to love this pick. Especially right after a series like the one we just had.

No one respects the Rangers as a physical team. Their back line is competent. Sure, they finish their checks and initiate quite a few. They can shut down goal scorers. But the Rangers intimidate no one. They can not win series long physical battles of attrition over teams like Boston, Pittsburgh or L.A.. We've seen this now for two play off runs in consecutive years. I'm amazed this is not focused on more often. The Rangers are not soft but they can not beat you in the alley. Come play off time you had better be able to with stand that as well as dish it out.

McIlrath is the beginning of an answer to this ongoing problem.
Absolutely agree with everything you said here. The tough players we have (Asham, Dorsett-even Haley) are smaller tough players. No Chris Neil's--No Milan Lucic's. No Chara's on the back end. That's pretty much why a lot of people were excited about Clowe (not a great skater but a big forward with some skill and a lot of mean). Looking at how Toronto came out of nowhere but Orr, McLaren and Martin kept every team in the league honest. The best teams have a mix of skill and toughness. The players fit comfortably into their roles but they also there are teammates that will have their backs if push comes to shove. It's evident that Boston is one of those teams (Chara, Lucic, Thornton, McQuaid) and Pittsburgh is another.

Old
05-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I really hope the Rangers can sign Jaocim Eriksson. Maybe groom him as a backup for Hank. I think it's worth a try.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

What's the book on Yogan at this point? Has he developed in Hartford, or likely career AHLer?

Old
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
What's the book on Yogan at this point? Has he developed in Hartford, or likely career AHLer?
He has the size, grit, skating, hands and vision to play at the next level. Pretty good at FO's too. Needs more seasoning though. I suspect he will get a cup of tea next season.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
He has the size, grit, skating, hands and vision to play at the next level. Pretty good at FO's too. Needs more seasoning though. I suspect he will get a cup of tea next season.
This. He looked decently in the AHL this year. He'll get a look in camp, but needs time yet.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:38 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
This. He looked decently in the AHL this year. He'll get a look in camp, but needs time yet.
He missed a significant chunk of major development time with an injury which was unfortunate. He has the skills, size and skating to be an effective bottom-6 player but the issue prior to this season, was that he was not effective unless getting big minutes. He had problems engaging when given 10-12 minutes a game.

He was sent down to the ECHL due to the depth that started the year in Hartford and the fact that he needed lots of minutes. He found his game down there with almost a ppg and then came back up and was effective using his body and driving hard to the net. That is when he is effective. He has to drive tot he net with his size and strength.

I would say he needs at least another full year in the AHL and to get to ~ 40-45 points at least. He also needs to continue to get stronger and play with a bit of a mean streak to have a shot of moving up and like all young players, consistency is key.

I was high on him when he was drafted so maybe I am a bit biased, but I think the Rangers have a future NHLer on their hands with Yogan.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

It's not even 3 years since that draft, relax, just goes to show how awful youe evalutions can be, you think 3 years is the perfect time to measure a drafts worth. You need to stick to the NFL. .
I think 3 years is plenty of time to review the 1st round in. Gudbranson, Fowler, Burmi, Johansen, and Nino all look like they will be mediocre players. Skinner has slowed down since his great rookie year.

Tarasenko looks like a decent player but far from a superstar.

Not saying the draft sucks. But I considered it one of the deepest drafts in years. I think it will produce a lot of decent - solid players, but not the large amount of top line guys it looked like it had.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
NYR Viper

What is going on with Noreau, am I correct to say that if he does not sign by the end of this week, he re-enters the draft? What the hell is taking so long?

Old
05-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What is going on with Noreau, am I correct to say that if he does not sign by the end of this week, he re-enters the draft? What the hell is taking so long?
I'm getting worried.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:41 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm getting worried.
That makes 2 of us. I see no reason why they wouldn't sign him. He has developed well. If anything, he has developed better/faster than anticipated. The organization is light on d-men as well...

Old
05-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Colby
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Gudbranson, Fowler, Burmi, Johansen, and Nino all look like they will be mediocre players.
What's your definition of mediocre? Seems a bit harsh.

Last edited by Colby: 05-30-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Z
Old
05-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR21 View Post
Relative to draft position/expectation? It's a fair assessment. None look like they're going to be top flight players as was predicted.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR21 View Post
How is it harsh? I think those guys look to be capping out as 2nd/3rd liners. The draft was supposed to be loaded with top line players and multiple stars. I certainly thought so when I was scouting it.

It's "only" three years out and a lot can change, but I'm not sure if it will.

Old
05-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

IIRC, they waited until the last minute to sign Lindberg and Fast as well. Noreau has done nothing but improve since they picked him. I'm sure we'll get him signed.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I agree with the general consensus on Yogan, except I don't see him as a faceoff guy in the NHL. He plays the LW and rarely takes faceoffs.

His biggest problem is the time he lost due to injury. Good size, speed, hands, hussle. The lack of maturity is sometimes showing, but he's not less mature than the average AHLer his age.

Exciting to watch as a player because he created chances by using his size and speed on the forecheck.

Had he not lost time to injury, he'd be a strong competitor to make the Rangers next year.

He needs to show progress in his overall game this year. A 25-25 season is something I fully expect from him.

Old
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
NYR Viper

Still nothing on Noreau signing.....

Quote:
@HFNYRangers Leslie, have you heard anything about Noreau signing?
Quote:
Leslie Treff ‏@HFNYRangers 38s
Noreau should be signed today.
Leslie thinks the Rangers will sign him today! Phew!

Old
05-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...samuel-noreau/

Rangers will sign Noreau...

I am hoping they will sign McColgan but most likely doubtful

Old
05-31-2013, 09:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
McColgan had an exceptionally mediocre career. Give him an AHL deal or let him walk.

It's just pain.
Old
05-31-2013, 09:50 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
McColgan has an exceptionally mediocre career. Give him an AHL deal or let him walk.
We're getting a large number of bodies for our forward corps next year on the wolfpack. Just let him walk.

Old
05-31-2013, 09:59 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
We're getting a large number of bodies for our forward corps next year on the wolfpack. Just let him walk.
I'd rather sign him to an AHL deal and then loan him to Greenville. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle and the kid turns it on, and forces his way into the AHL and eventually an NHL deal. No downside to giving him an AHL deal, really.

If Dan Hobbs and Max Campbell can get AHL deals, McColgan should get one as well.

Old
05-31-2013, 10:05 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

McColgan and Ceresnak not offered deals. They'll be in the draft.

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 3m
#NYR 2011 draft picks RW Shane McColgan (5th round) and D Peter Ceresnak (6th) were not offered contracts and eligible for June 30th draft.

Old
05-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

While McColgan seems to have stalled in terms of offense, I would still be interested in keeping him. He plays with an edge and while he's smaller in stature, he is quite good at getting opposing forwards off their game. He's easily worth an AHL deal on that alone, IMO. A bit surprised by this.

Old
05-31-2013, 10:07 AM
NYR Viper

McColgan and Ceresnak gone

Old
05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah, Ceresnak sucks, so that doesn't surprise me.

Closed Thread