HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part V)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2013, 12:20 AM
  #976
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Giroux is on my list, and was long before you quoted it. Obviously Giroux being on my list slipped your "sharp" eyes.

Brodeur is "too old"? Wow, such a poor and weak argument. Age is irrelevant. If you had an ounce of logic floating around "up there", you'd know this. Brodeur was two games away from winning his fourth cup, just last season. Had the Devils played a full 82 game season, they had a strong bet at making the playoffs and possibly going deep again, permitted a healthy team.

Crawford is better than Price. He's in the conference finals, and pulled his team out of a 3-1 series deficit. Price hasn't even been out of the 1st round yet. Also Crawford's numbers were far superior than Prices within the last 2 seasons.

Apparently making statements with facts and common sense is considered trolling.

Sure, the minute you lose a debate, you cry troll. It's kinda pathetic, and it's also a tactic of trying to bait people or falsely getting them an infraction they do not deserve.

Deal with it, Price and Subban will likely be off the roster. Out of the two, Subban does have a shot, but it's unlikely he'll bump one of four of the superior right handed defenseman, who also by the way, have experience in a Gold medal game or Stanley Cup, and winning either one. And from what I've seen, only two people have disagreed with me, and they just so happen to be delusional Habs fans, who think their players are untouchable unrivalled superstars.
You are quite deliosunal are you Corey Crawford over Carey Price. Common Corey Crawford was the reason they were down 3-1 and almost cost the best team in the league the series. Carey Price is by far the better goalie out of the two and anyone except you will agree with me.

You obviously do not watch the Montreal Canadiens very much if you think Price is worse than Crawford. Im not even going to get started on your ludicrous comments about Subban.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 12:37 AM
  #977
simplysincere*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
You are quite deliosunal are you Corey Crawford over Carey Price. Common Corey Crawford was the reason they were down 3-1 and almost cost the best team in the league the series. Carey Price is by far the better goalie out of the two and anyone except you will agree with me.

You obviously do not watch the Montreal Canadiens very much if you think Price is worse than Crawford. Im not even going to get started on your ludicrous comments about Subban.
Another biased reply? You just happen to be a Habs fan right?

Let's let the numbers speak for themselves, and put your opinion aside, ok?

This season:

Price: .905% 2.58GAA

Crawford: .926% 1.94GAA

This playoff:

Price: .894% 3.26GAA

Crawford: .938 1.7GAA

In fact, judging by these stats, Crawford was the reason why the Hawks had a shot at coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Also, it proves that Crawford is able to excel the bigger the game.

The bigger the game, the harder time Price has. The complete opposite of Crawford.

According to the numbers, Crawford is someone you want between the pipes in a Gold medal game, and not Price.

If I were delusional, such that you say, then the facts (numbers) would not validate my statements, however the stats actually validate and give credibility to my argument, proving I'm not trolling.

So, who's the delusional one now?

simplysincere* is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 01:45 AM
  #978
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
You are quite deliosunal are you Corey Crawford over Carey Price. Common Corey Crawford was the reason they were down 3-1 and almost cost the best team in the league the series. Carey Price is by far the better goalie out of the two and anyone except you will agree with me.

You obviously do not watch the Montreal Canadiens very much if you think Price is worse than Crawford. Im not even going to get started on your ludicrous comments about Subban.
After doing a little research, he actually just despises the Canadiens. All he does here is attempt to troll us Canadiens fans. Ignore him.

CanadienShark is online now  
Old
05-30-2013, 09:44 AM
  #979
simplysincere*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
After doing a little research, he actually just despises the Canadiens. All he does here is attempt to troll us Canadiens fans. Ignore him.
No.

You cry "troll", because somebody said you were wrong. Get over it. You're just trying to bait the mods into handing out unwarranted infractions to people who disagree with your overrated and biased sentiments.

Price is not better than Crawford.

Subban is not better than Weber, Doughty, or Letang.

simplysincere* is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
  #980
Darth Yoda
Registered User
 
Darth Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grovebranch's Crease
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery View Post
What are the chances that one of Subban/Letang/Pietrangelo/Doughty in favour a lesser defenceman due to handedness? Assuming Weber is a lock.

RH Defencemen:
Weber
Subban
Letang
Pietrangelo
Doughty
Boyle
Seabrook
Green
Girardi

LH Defencemen:
Keith
Campbell
Phaneuf
Hamhuis
Beauchemin
Staal
Garrison
Bouwmeester
Gorges
Vlasic
The team can bring eight defenders though, bringing five RH and three LH. It at least seem possible all five can go. Then they can fight for active duty.

Darth Yoda is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 10:42 AM
  #981
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Another biased reply? You just happen to be a Habs fan right?

Let's let the numbers speak for themselves, and put your opinion aside, ok?

This season:

Price: .905% 2.58GAA

Crawford: .926% 1.94GAA

This playoff:

Price: .894% 3.26GAA

Crawford: .938 1.7GAA

In fact, judging by these stats, Crawford was the reason why the Hawks had a shot at coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Also, it proves that Crawford is able to excel the bigger the game.

The bigger the game, the harder time Price has. The complete opposite of Crawford.

According to the numbers, Crawford is someone you want between the pipes in a Gold medal game, and not Price.

If I were delusional, such that you say, then the facts (numbers) would not validate my statements, however the stats actually validate and give credibility to my argument, proving I'm not trolling.

So, who's the delusional one now?
Well, I kinda agree with you. Not saying that Price is out of the team, but Crawford really deserves serious consideration. I would probably go with Luongo, Price and Crawford right now. But man, Subban will be there ! If I'm wrong, I will draw a Subban portrait and eat it. Then, I will send a photo here.

True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 10:55 AM
  #982
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Actually, the most glaring omission was Giroux.

Brodeur is too old.
Crawford is sure as **** not better than Price.
Boyle is too old and slow.
I really don't think so. Boyle is one of the best skating defensemen in western conference. If you write down a plus/minus list, his speed CAN'T be a negative factor. No way. The only factors I can see why he probably won't be in Sochi are: he's a RH-er and unfortunately for him, there are many great defensemen at this position, including Letang who is kinda similar to Boyle and better at this point. If he was a LH-er, he would be on the roster probably.

Boyle's speed is much more an asset IMO.

True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
  #983
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Hamhuis, Bouwmeester, Marc Staal.

Who would be your choice ?

Right now, I have TOP six as follows: Keith, Weber, Letang, Subban, Doughty, Pietrangelo. But I can't decide who should be the 7th one and 8th one.

Hamhuis, Bouwmeester, M.Staal, Seabrook, Boyle, Vlasic, Green and Burns are in the mix.


Kris Letang - Shea Weber
Duncan Keith - P.K. Subban / Drew Doughty
Hamhuis / Bouwmeester / Staal - Drew Doughty / P.K. Subban
7th: Pietrangelo
8th: ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tavares - Crosby - Toews -> what do you think ?

2nd line: Couture - Giroux - Stamkos
3rd line: Duchene - Getzlaf - St. Louis
4th line: Sharp - Bergeron - Carter

Yeah, I know it's little bit crazy. But Toews with Crosby... I can't help. Crosby needs someone who can play hard and who is good defensively. Toews is very good offensively on top of that. Offensively, it could be a better choice than Rick Nash and James Neal and since I want Tavares playing with Crosby, Toews fits that line more than Giroux. He's a RH-er so playing on the right side wouldn't be a problem I think.

Ladd showed at the last whc that if you put someone physical next to Giroux and Stamkos, it can works. Couture could be the right replacement.

The third line is kinda glued together. I like Duchene's skills and that speed is clearly awesome. St. Louis should be on the team because of his perfect chemistry with Stamkos on a PP. Duchene and Getzlaf creates quite physical line and St.Louis is top playmaker, he'd be a good fit here.

Sharp, Bergeron and Carter could be a solid shut-down line. You can choose M.Richards instead of Carter if you want.

This is not what my team looks like at this point, it's just an idea.


Last edited by True Hockey Fan: 05-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.
True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 01:42 PM
  #984
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysincere* View Post
No.

You cry "troll", because somebody said you were wrong. Get over it. You're just trying to bait the mods into handing out unwarranted infractions to people who disagree with your overrated and biased sentiments.

Price is not better than Crawford.

Subban is not better than Weber, Doughty, or Letang.
No, you're just using a straw-man argument here. He is a troll. About half of his posts consist of him fighting and trolling Montreal fans.

CanadienShark is online now  
Old
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
  #985
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
I really don't think so. Boyle is one of the best skating defensemen in western conference. If you write down a plus/minus list, his speed CAN'T be a negative factor. No way. The only factors I can see why he probably won't be in Sochi are: he's a RH-er and unfortunately for him, there are many great defensemen at this position, including Letang who is kinda similar to Boyle and better at this point. If he was a LH-er, he would be on the roster probably.

Boyle's speed is much more an asset IMO.
I'm a San Jose fan man... this playoffs he had a good showing, but he's slowed down quite a bit over the past few years. He's not who he was a few years back.

CanadienShark is online now  
Old
05-30-2013, 03:13 PM
  #986
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!
 
OttawaRoughRiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,724
vCash: 500
We have to find a goalie to match Quick. We have to! Crawford needs to excel.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the Americans are not being relegated in Sochi? Look that this fact...

In the East, neither Pittsburgh or Boston have an American forward on their team.

In West, the only American forwards worth mentioning are Kane and Brown.

Unless they start producing scorers like the other countries, I think they should be relegated.
There! I said it, it's out there and I can't take it back!!!!

OttawaRoughRiderFan is online now  
Old
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
  #987
Darth Yoda
Registered User
 
Darth Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grovebranch's Crease
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
We have to find a goalie to match Quick. We have to! Crawford needs to excel.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the Americans are not being relegated in Sochi? Look that this fact...

In the East, neither Pittsburgh or Boston have an American forward on their team.

In West, the only American forwards worth mentioning are Kane and Brown.

Unless they start producing scorers like the other countries, I think they should be relegated.
There! I said it, it's out there and I can't take it back!!!!
What are you talking about? Relegated from a tournament where Austia has qualified? I guess you just want to troll a little becouse the US have better goalies than you though, but i actually dont think it would be really fair if Canada had top-notch goalies on top of those skaters on D and F. Sweden and the US will have to have a 94 percent save percantage goalie to win, while you guys will need a 92 or something.

Darth Yoda is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 05:31 PM
  #988
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
Hamhuis, Bouwmeester, Marc Staal.

Who would be your choice ?

Right now, I have TOP six as follows: Keith, Weber, Letang, Subban, Doughty, Pietrangelo. But I can't decide who should be the 7th one and 8th one.

Hamhuis, Bouwmeester, M.Staal, Seabrook, Boyle, Vlasic, Green and Burns are in the mix.


Kris Letang - Shea Weber
Duncan Keith - P.K. Subban / Drew Doughty
Hamhuis / Bouwmeester / Staal - Drew Doughty / P.K. Subban
7th: Pietrangelo
8th: ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tavares - Crosby - Toews -> what do you think ?

2nd line: Couture - Giroux - Stamkos
3rd line: Duchene - Getzlaf - St. Louis
4th line: Sharp - Bergeron - Carter

Yeah, I know it's little bit crazy. But Toews with Crosby... I can't help. Crosby needs someone who can play hard and who is good defensively. Toews is very good offensively on top of that. Offensively, it could be a better choice than Rick Nash and James Neal and since I want Tavares playing with Crosby, Toews fits that line more than Giroux. He's a RH-er so playing on the right side wouldn't be a problem I think.

Ladd showed at the last whc that if you put someone physical next to Giroux and Stamkos, it can works. Couture could be the right replacement.

The third line is kinda glued together. I like Duchene's skills and that speed is clearly awesome. St. Louis should be on the team because of his perfect chemistry with Stamkos on a PP. Duchene and Getzlaf creates quite physical line and St.Louis is top playmaker, he'd be a good fit here.

Sharp, Bergeron and Carter could be a solid shut-down line. You can choose M.Richards instead of Carter if you want.

This is not what my team looks like at this point, it's just an idea.
I like your team generally and I don't want to nitpick, but Couture is not physical. If you think he'd be a good replacement for Ladd in terms of physicality, good luck! That said, he's very defensively sound, and has a knack for big goals.

CanadienShark is online now  
Old
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
  #989
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysincere* View Post
Another biased reply? You just happen to be a Habs fan right?

Let's let the numbers speak for themselves, and put your opinion aside, ok?

This season:

Price: .905% 2.58GAA

Crawford: .926% 1.94GAA

This playoff:

Price: .894% 3.26GAA

Crawford: .938 1.7GAA

In fact, judging by these stats, Crawford was the reason why the Hawks had a shot at coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Also, it proves that Crawford is able to excel the bigger the game.

The bigger the game, the harder time Price has. The complete opposite of Crawford.

According to the numbers, Crawford is someone you want between the pipes in a Gold medal game, and not Price.

If I were delusional, such that you say, then the facts (numbers) would not validate my statements, however the stats actually validate and give credibility to my argument, proving I'm not trolling.

So, who's the delusional one now?
Still you. Put Price on the Hawks, and they'd be even more dominant than now. But there's no point in arguing with people like you. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those people claiming that Elliot and Smith are two elite goalies in the league, last year.

CanadienShark is online now  
Old
05-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  #990
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,705
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1438744

Systemfel is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.