HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Old
04-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
Damn, I should have posed the question sooner I guess.
Based on the contracts, we got the better player - doesn't really matter until/if Kessy and/or Rieder play in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Both have:

Samuelsson
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=659667

Rieder:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665927

I'm seeing both on capgeek now under non-roster players, weren't added until today it appears.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:29 AM
OOEEL

And then there was one...

Halifax won 9-6 to sweep Mathieu Brisebois and the Huskies and improve to 12-0 through three rounds.

Mathieu had 2 assists, 3 hits, and was a decent-ish -1 considering the amount of goals scored.

Over the course of the playoffs Mathieu was 3-12-15 in 14 games, with all three of his goals came on the power play. He also had 30 hits through the 15 games and was a -6.

It's all up to you now Henrik! Let's do this!

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:22 PM
OOEEL

Missed two games over the weekend with going up to Anaheim for the last game, sorry about that mates.

Friday night the Oil Kings defeated the Hitmen 5-1 to go up 3-2 in the series with Henrik scoring a goal and racking up 19 PIMs after someone took a cheap shot on Lazar and he went after them. 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting, and a 10 minute misconduct. He also picked up a slash late in the 3rd.

And then unfortunately the Hitmen snuck out another overtime win in Game 6 to tie things up and force a Game 7 in Edmonton on Tuesday. No points for Henrik, who was a even plus/minus and had a slashing penalty in the 2nd.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:29 PM
hbk

Apparently Samuellson thought it was take a minor penalty night. He's had 4 two minute minors tonight.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:12 AM
OOEEL

Third game in a row where he's taken a slash. At least he's showing consistency, right...?

Old
05-04-2013, 04:29 AM
OOEEL

So the cool thing about the league finals is they're all aligned on the same day, so since we're down to one Coyotes prospect I figured I'd just do a quick update on all three games for those interested but too lazy to go to all three sites

Henrik had two goals, Curtis Lazar had one, and the Oil Kings cruised to a 4-1 victory over the Winterhawks IN Portland. Stephane Legault had three assists for Edmonton en route to being named the #1 star.

The Halifax Moosehead continued their unbeaten streak, winning their 13th in a row. MacKinnon and Frk were held scoreless while Drouin picked up just one secondary assist in the 4-0 win over Baie-Comeau.

Barrie was lead by the Jets' Mark Scheifele who had a goal and assist as the Colts won 4-2 over Max Domi and the London Knights. Max's lone point on the night was a secondary assist on an Alex Broadhurst power play goal in the 3rd.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:33 PM
lanky

Love the updates. Thanks.

lanky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:43 AM
OOEEL

Portland held the Oil Kings off the scoreboard to tie the series up 1-1 as they won game 2 by the score of 3-0. The Oil Kings had just 16 shots on net while the Winterhawks had 36.

In the second period Henrik Samuelsson took knee to knee hit from Adam De Champlain after an offsides whistle and had to be helped off the ice. Fortunately he was out for his next shift and was able to play the remainder of the game.

Having been able to take game 1 on the road, the series will shift back to Edmonton on Tuesday where the Kings will look to capitalize on home ice and take a controlling lead on the series.

Over in the QMJHL the Halifax Moosehead continued their historic run, winning game 2 4-3 and improving to an unbelievable 14-0 in the QMJHL playoffs. Interesting about this series is the lack of scoring from MacKinnon and Drouin so far. Drouin only had one assist in the first game and MacKinnon only had one assist in this one, but it doesn't seem the matter as the Moose are firing on all cylinders. Baie-Comeau were down 4-1 in this one but score twice in the last two minutes of the game to make things exciting.

Game two of the OHL playoffs will be Sunday as Barrie looks to build on their 1-0 series lead.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:08 AM
OOEEL

Well Barrie was able to build on their 1-0 lead in the OHL, but it happened on Monday, not Sunday.

Sunday was almost all London as the Knights won 4-1 to split the series before heading off to Barrie. Max Domi was held off the score sheet but fellow 2013 draft prospect Bo Horvat had a goal and an assist for the winning side. Former Knight Andreas Athanasiou scored the Colts' lone goal, a short handed tally in the third period.

And Monday night was the Mark Scheifele show in Barrie. The 2011 1st round who will famously be known as the first pick of the new Winnipeg Jets had 2 goals and 3 assists, leading the charge for Barrie's 6-3 victory to steal home ice from the Knights. Max Domi had a secondary assist on an Olli Maatta power play goal for his lone point while Bo Horvat didn't register on the score sheet.

The Colts will look to take a commanding 3-1 lead on home ice when the series resumes on Wednesday.

Halifax will take to the road as they look to continue their perfect playoff run when game 3 of the QMJHL finals gets underway from Baie-Comeau on Tuesday.

And after taking one of the games in Portland, Henrik Samuelsson and the Edmonton Oil Kings look to gain home ice advantage in their series as they play game 3 at Rexall Place on Tuesday as well. I'm off work tomorrow and I'm thinking about coughing up the 8 bucks to watch the game online. If I do I'll let you guys know.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:44 PM
OOEEL

Blech.

Laurent Broissoit gave up 3 goals on 27 shots while Mac Carruth stopped 38 of 39 en route to a 3-1 Portland Winterhawks victory.

2013 draft prospect Oliver Bjorkstrand assisted on the first goal and scored the third of Portland's tallies. No points from Henrik for the second straight game but he did draw a penalty again as future Penguins' defenseman Derrick Pouliot high sticked him near the end of the 1st period.

The Oil Kings turned up the pressure late in the game, so you have to hope they can bring it from the start in game 4 to try to tie the series.

Elsewhere Halifax's quest for perfection came to an end after 14 consecutive victories to open the playoffs. Baie-Comeau won 3-1 in another game that featured no goals from Drouin, MacKinnon, or Frk.

All three leagues will play game 4 tomorrow.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:51 PM
hbk

Samuelsson with a horrifically bad high sticking call in final minute of a 2-1 game.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:40 AM
OOEEL

-.-;

Oil Kings now on their last legs down 3-1 in the series. Outshot 30-21, it's looking like we'll get to see the consensus top three picks in the Memorial Cup this year.

And along with the Winterhawks and Mooseheads we'll likely see the Barrie Colts. Scheifele had his second consecutive 5 point game, this time scoring 4 goals and an assist as the Colts took the 3-1 series lead, winning game four 6-4. No points for Max Domi again and a goal and an assist for Bo Horvat again.

And apparently having their perfect postseason hopes destroyed is all it took to ignite the Mooseheads' big three. They won game four 7-4. MacKinnon had a goal and an assist, Drouin had a goal and three assists, and Frk had 2 goals and 3 assists as Halifax got back into the win column.

Last edited by OOEEL: 05-09-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old
05-11-2013, 02:16 AM
OOEEL

The Oil Kings live to see a game six!

Rangers' prospect Michael St Croix had all three of Edmonton's goals as the Oil Kings won 3-2 in OT. Henrik was a -2 as the Samuelsson/Lazar/Legault were out there for both of the Winterhawks' goals. Game six will be in Edmonton on Sunday.

The Knights stave off elimination as they win game five by the score of 6-4. Max Domi had a goal and an assist while Bo Horvat had both a power play and short handed goal, as well as an assist. Game six is Saturday in Barrie.

And we have the second competitor locked in for the Memorial Cup. Unsurprisingly the Mooseheads won game five in Halifax to win the series in five and finished the QMJHL playoffs 16-1. MacKinnon had a goal and an assist, Drouin had an assist, and Frk had two to lead the Moosehead to the QMJHL title. They join host Saskatoon as the only ones to have locked up their Memorial Cup spot so far.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:53 AM
OOEEL

And it's all over.

Henrik Samuelsson and the Edmonton Oil Kings fall in Game 6 by the score of 5-1. Blues prospect Ty Rattie had a hat trick, scoring two of his three goals short handed. 2013 draft prospect Nic Petan assisted on all three of Rattie's goals, while fellow draftee Oliver Bjorkstrand had his 8th goal of the postseason. Henrik had no points or penalties and was a -3 as he was on the ice for Rattie's second shorty, Bjorkstrand's, and the series extinguishing empty netter.

With no Coyotes prospects remaining and only one OHL game before the Memorial Cup I figured I'd end this "reporting" thing I've done this year. Hope you guys enjoyed it, I'll probably end up doing again next season but that's a ways away so we'll figure out then.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:59 AM
lanky

Thanks again.

lanky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Fathead

Great job on reporting all season.

Fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I've really appreciated these throughout the year. Many thanks!

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 04:59 PM
RR

The updates were great. Thank you.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
PhoPhan

Deadline to sign Fritsch and Ruuttu is June 1. I don't have a great read on Ruuttu at this point, but Fritsch's numbers have regressed since being drafted, and he might be a rapist, so I'd probably pass on him.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:30 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
but Fritsch's numbers have regressed since being drafted, and he might be a rapist, so I'd probably pass on him.
Well, he isn't.

Quote:
Sexual assault charges against two Soo Greyhound players and a former teammate were dropped Thursday when the three young men appeared in a Sault Ste. Marie courtroom.

Citing “no reasonable prospect of conviction,” the Crown asked Ontario Court Justice Melanie Dunn to withdraw the charges against Nick Cousins, Andrew Fritsch, and Mark Petaccio, the latter now with the Ottawa 67's.

Cousins, 19, of Belleville, Ont., Fritsch, 19, of Brantford and Petaccio, 19, of Sicklerville, N.J. were charged Aug. 25 in connection with an alleged sexual assault on a woman.
http://www.saultstar.com/2013/04/04/...ainst-3-hounds

Feel free to withdraw your slanderous statement. Pass on him because he is a bad player, not because of something that never happened in the eyes of the law.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Well, he isn't.

http://www.saultstar.com/2013/04/04/...ainst-3-hounds

Feel free to withdraw your slanderous statement. Pass on him because he is a bad player, not because of something that never happened in the eyes of the law.
I didn't say anything slanderous. There's an awful lot of daylight between "he's not a rapist" and "he's not a rapist in the eyes of the law."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_b...asonable_doubt

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:52 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I didn't say anything slanderous. There's an awful lot of daylight between "he's not a rapist" and "he's not a rapist in the eyes of the law."
Dangerous, thinking. You wouldn't enjoy someone insinuating all manner of nefarious things that caused your absence. Why is it okay to do the same to Fritsch?

Last edited by Naurutger: 05-27-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: attack post not poster
XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:48 AM
hbk

Anyone have any comments on the Melindy signing? I know we were high on him last year but his numbers were pretty mediocre this year.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Kaibur

I wonder what the thinking is with Ruuttu. It would be a shame to reach with a 2nd round pick on a player and never even sign them to an ELC.

I thought the idea was to give Melindy the heavy lifting this year and see what he could do. Although it wasn't a good result for Moncton, it had to be good for Melindy's development. Seems like a good time to sign him to the ELC.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I wonder what the thinking is with Ruuttu. It would be a shame to reach with a 2nd round pick on a player and never even sign them to an ELC.

I thought the idea was to give Melindy the heavy lifting this year and see what he could do. Although it wasn't a good result for Moncton, it had to be good for Melindy's development. Seems like a good time to sign him to the ELC.
Melindy I believe had an ATO with Portland after his season ended. I'm curious if anyone here knows how that went. I was a little surprised to see they signed him so quickly after the horrendous season he had in junior, but if he's performing well at the next level that would be a good sign. He's eligible for the AHL next season but based on his performance this year I would still expect to see him returned to junior as an overage player.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote