HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL III

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
I would rather watch paint dry than watch the Wings and Hawks but here I sit.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Once again a ref decides to make a game changing call after letting dozens of similar acts go without a whistle.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
braindead

Chicago just got jobbed by stephen Walken waiving off a goal to call coincidental penalties at center ice with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. Drw still get the love.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Karma gives the 'Hawks their due. Chicago-LA will be a very interesting series.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:40 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Go Kings.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
glenngineer

Lots of respect in that hand shake line. Good to see. That's why I love hockey. Tough series but respect after it's over.

Old
05-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Jubal

I'm not a fan of the Hawks by any stretch of the imagination, but it was good to see them win anyway even after their goal got waived.

Oh well, at least now I can stop rooting for them now.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Time for some Kings to take care of business ... Could you imagine the **** storm in Philadelphia IF the Kings with Carter & Richards go back to back ? ... I don't even want to speculate at how Hartnell is feeling at this thought.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:56 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm pulling for the Hawks still, I like LA's style though.

Same in the East, I'm pulling for the Pens but I like Boston's style more, Vokoun was a more deciding factor for me.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:27 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

pens-hawks would be the best SCF

Old
05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
pens-hawks would be the best SCF
Battle of the bandwagoners!!

(too bad it couldn't be a 3-way with Washington)

Old
05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Battle of the bandwagoners!!

(too bad it couldn't be a 3-way with Washington)
Battle of who can suck the hardest over a 5 year period

Old
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
I'd rather see a Boston/Chicago final.

05-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Kings-Pens/Bruins for me. I truly don't care enough about the east. Probably because we get their games crammed down our throats.

Old
05-30-2013, 03:08 PM
braindead

Hawks-pens for me. Love to watch the hawks as much as I hate to say it. Pens for the win solely ( and I do mean solely) because of undying love for must see TV and what he meant to the preds and what the preds meant to him.

Old
05-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Hawks-pens for me. Love to watch the hawks as much as I hate to say it. Pens for the win solely ( and I do mean solely) because of undying love for must see TV and what he meant to the preds and what the preds meant to him.
For entertainment potential this is the series I hope to see as well.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:28 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Please not the Penguins.
The last thing this sport needs is more adulation for Cindy Crosby. TV is a great guy, wonderful story but we all know the bylines will be Crosby, Malkin, Iggy, the all-star lineup they've tied together. I want them to go down.
But more importantly, I look at the Bruins and see a model Nashville could emulate in building a team. Yes, the top 6 fwds are pretty stellar, but the bottom 6 are not out of reach. They play a tight D system, roll 4 lines practically all the time, outside of their top D pair they are just above avg. They limit chances but wear teams down. That is something that could be done on the Nashville self-imposed budget. Not far away, actually...

Old
05-30-2013, 09:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Please not the Penguins.
The last thing this sport needs is more adulation for Cindy Crosby. TV is a great guy, wonderful story but we all know the bylines will be Crosby, Malkin, Iggy, the all-star lineup they've tied together. I want them to go down.
But more importantly, I look at the Bruins and see a model Nashville could emulate in building a team. Yes, the top 6 fwds are pretty stellar, but the bottom 6 are not out of reach. They play a tight D system, roll 4 lines practically all the time, outside of their top D pair they are just above avg. They limit chances but wear teams down. That is something that could be done on the Nashville self-imposed budget. Not far away, actually...
Actually I think if pittsburgh wins and Vokoun takes them all the way there is a chance that will be one of the bigger storylines. MAFs future in Pittsburgh will be one of the major topics of the offseason should that come to pass

Old
05-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Nitrous Mafia

as much as i hate the pens, how they got where they are today and headache boy; it may just be worth it to see vokoun and iginla raise the cup.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:32 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
The last thing this sport needs is more adulation for Cindy Crosby.
Yeah, praise for the most talented hockey player in the world would just ruin the sport.

... wait, what?

Old
05-31-2013, 04:41 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Yeah, praise for the most talented hockey player in the world would just ruin the sport.

... wait, what?
I never said Crosby was not talented. But I do not think he is hands down the most talented player in the game. He is part of the discussion. Let's just stop there. Too much focus on one player does not benefit the league IMHO as there are several really elite players in the game right now-- it is a mistake to put one above all the rest. For one thing, what if his career does get shortened due to concussions, fro example? A better strategy to market the product is to have several high profile players and not glorify just one the way some in the media want to do.

Old
05-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
I never said Crosby was not talented. But I do not think he is hands down the most talented player in the game. He is part of the discussion. Let's just stop there. Too much focus on one player does not benefit the league IMHO as there are several really elite players in the game right now-- it is a mistake to put one above all the rest. For one thing, what if his career does get shortened due to concussions, fro example? A better strategy to market the product is to have several high profile players and not glorify just one the way some in the media want to do.

exactly.

i don't want the nhl to get nba'd

Old
05-31-2013, 09:06 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
as much as i hate the pens, how they got where they are today and headache boy; it may just be worth it to see vokoun and iginla raise the cup.
So we're stooping to the level of calling a guy with a history of concussions "headache boy" now? Nice

06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Who cares if he loses a year or two off the end of his career to concussions? That doesn't diminish his ability to play the game now, and the numbers show the injuries have not affected his ability to play the game at a high level. Hell, the guy had 56 points by the end of March; nobody was even close to him before he got hurt, and he blew the league away on points per game. He leads the postseason in points per game, too, and has been a huge factor in Pittsburgh's offensive success in the playoffs, as he should be. There are a handful of players who could match his raw ability, but very few of those can turn that raw ability into an offensive threat on every shift the way Crosby does. He also happens to play with one of those guys.

Analysts and pundits have absolutely nothing to do with marketing. Milbury, Jones, et al do not get their money from the NHL to push its best players; NBC writes them checks to give their thoughts on key points in the game. The fact that the most talented players on the ice - Crosby being chief among those - are commonly evaluated on-air should not be shocking. Recognizing Crosby as the best does not suddenly make Malkin or Stamkos or Ovechkin or Kane unfit to shine his shoes, either, and I categorically reject the notion that hailing Crosby as the best prevents other players from being marketable. It's on the teams and the league to get other names out there through endorsement deals, TV spots, or whatever else. NBC's only goal is to get people to watch, and they put Pittsburgh on because Crosby brings in viewers. Detroit brings in viewers because they've been consistently successful for two decades and have built a sizable national following. Chicago and Boston and New York are on all the time because those are huge markets and provide optimum potential for viewership. In that respect, the NHL is no different from the NBA: just substitute the Heat for the Penguins and the Lakers for the Red Wings, and you have the more or less the same stable of teams ESPN has on TV all the time (NBC pushes Philadelphia a lot because it's a huge market, they're a natural rival for a bunch of other teams they show, and they're owned by Comcast).

I fully expect Crosby to win the Lindsay Award in a couple of weeks, because he was visibly the best player in the league this year, and the people he played against saw that better than anyone.

Old
06-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So we're stooping to the level of calling a guy with a history of concussions "headache boy" now? Nice

yeah **** the pens

**** crosby

Last edited by TMI: 06-01-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: do not wish injury
Closed Thread