HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two Packages for Floridas 2nd overall.

Old
05-29-2013, 08:10 AM
unbridledid

vCash: 500
Fiddy the Hawks are not trading Kane anytime soon. I know you wanted Turris in 07 and since then have dogged Kane...

So Kane and Seabrook for Weber and this prospect... I don't think so, but at least Turris had a decent playoff.... still take Kane over him though.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
1. After the MacKinnon show at the Mem Cup, Colorado would be crazy to take Jones and bypass NM...
2. FLA would then target Barkov since they too want a top Centre prospect..
3. THUS your proposals are non-starters. ..regardless of their merits or lack thereof...
4. Kane to Buffalo for tbeir first PLUs Vanek who we trade to Nashville with Seabrook for Weber and a Nashville first in 2015 is the correct strategy...with the Buffalo 8th overall pick we take Big 6'5 centre Freddric Gauthier who is perfe t for our 2c role as 1.He is so good 2 ways that he is NHL rdady Now..Great on faceoffs...Can also kill penalties and is physical..Good shot and can score e.ough for 2c role..Projects wellas can't miss NHL pro..Big body NOWo will only get strongdf and heftier...
So because MacKannon had a few good games the Avs shouldn't pick the guy who better suits their needs and is from Denver and is just as good?

Jones is just as good as MacKinnon, has been rated #1 for almost a year and is what the Avs desperately need.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:56 AM
giza

2nd pick overall

I'm thinking Kyle Beach ought to do it

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
So because MacKannon had a few good games the Avs shouldn't pick the guy who better suits their needs and is from Denver and is just as good?

Jones is just as good as MacKinnon, has been rated #1 for almost a year and is what the Avs desperately need.
How can you say someone is as good as someone else when they play entirely different positions?

And MacKinnon didn't just have a few good games, he was amazing all year.

Denver should pick who they think will be the best player, and if they think that's going to be MacKinnon, I don't think anybody can disagree with it.

That and the last few Dmen that have went near the top haven't really turned into their hype (Gudbranson, Hedmen, E. Johnson, etc) so maybe they don't want to take that risk.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:34 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
How can you say someone is as good as someone else when they play entirely different positions?

Denver should pick who they think will be the best player, and if they think that's going to be MacKinnon, I don't think anybody can disagree with it.

That and the last few Dmen that have went near the top haven't really turned into their hype (Gudbranson, Hedmen, E. Johnson, etc) so maybe they don't want to take that risk.
MacKinnon was also invisible in the WJC whereas Jones shined. I think that at least cancels out the Memorial Cup. Jones projects way better than a guy like Gudbranson. I think you're underrating Hedman. Johnson is also very good defensively but hasn't been the same offensively since he lost an entire year of development with a torn ACL and MCL (which is a brutal injury especially for such a young player).

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:43 AM
pucci2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
I'm extremely sick of this team having no second line center. Drafting Mackinnon would make us dominant. Obviously the price would be big. What do you think of a future top 4 centers of Toews/MacKinnon/Danault/McNeil. McNeil and Danault are already good faceoff men.

Would any hawks fan do something like this is plausible:

Leddy
1st, 3rd
Teravainen
For
2nd overall- That's a top 4 d man, a first and a top 20 prospect

Or

Saad
1st
Kruger
That's a late first and a developing center, and future star winger

Either

Saad/TT-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Mackinnon-Hossa
Shaw-Danault-Bickell(resign)
McNeil-Vet Center-*****

Get a vet to help the kids transition to center
MacKinnon is going first overall, sorry.

pucci2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:53 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Keith -Seabrook
Jones-Leddy

Sounds lovely

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci2001 View Post
MacKinnon is going first overall, sorry.
Would be a boneheaded move. Colorado already has too many Centers in Stastny, Duchene, ROR and should look to move Stastny this offseason. They're pretty awful on D with Erik Johnson, Tyson Barrie, Matt Hunwick, Jan Hejda, and Stefan Elliot and only Duncan Siemens in the system as a guy who could be a game breaker. Drafting a guy with elite #1 DMan potential in Seth Jones gives them a significantly better D Corp moving forward of Jones, Barrie, Elliot, and Siemens. Why draft another Center when you have to trade them for Defensemen anyways instead of just drafting the DMan?

Old
05-29-2013, 02:43 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
June 14th 2007: Hawks may deal 1st overall
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=389042
There's a reason why teams don't trade away the 1st overall. Teams don't want to give up the players it would take leaving players who would be ridiculously awful to trade for. "Our top three players are all untouchable.. how about something around this guy who will be out of the league in 6 years?"

Old
05-30-2013, 12:09 AM
crazyaces**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Teravainen(too prospect)
Bolland(shut down C)
1st and 2nd(30 and 60th let's say)

-2nd overall
Would you trade

Kane

for

Howden
Upshall
2nd (31), and a 3rd (62)

crazyaces** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaces View Post
Would you trade

Kane

for

Howden
Upshall
2nd (31), and a 3rd (62)
Ummmm...All signs point to no.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
if you want a bust a gut laughing...then read this thread:

Pat Kane size?

start date: 06.26.07

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...70#post9690870

i think we all need to take a step back and bow down to our very own American Dream who wrote this on June 26, 2007:

...and if you read that thread...oh, there were haters. but American Dream stood strong
hahaha but according to some picking Kane was a no brainer at the time!! Glad to be right 1 out of 50 times!! Great find User...appreciate it!

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
he's gonna be a bust, mark my words
lol

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:56 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:

Mackinnon wasnt even the best player on his own team for most of the year..

I will be absolutely floored if Jones isnt picked #1. Just makes too much sense to pick him with what Colorado needs.

Old
05-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

I think Jones has come down to earth a bit. Who knows what Roy will do with the pick. But not picking Jones would not be a disaster. I would pick MacKinnon.....but that is me.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:17 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'd pick MacKinnon too. The Avs have a bunch of No. 2 centers. Deal from that strength and draft a No. 1.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:18 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I think Jones has come down to earth a bit. Who knows what Roy will do with the pick. But not picking Jones would not be a disaster. I would pick MacKinnon.....but that is me.
Mackinnon had a great playoffs, but Drouin for most of the year out played him and was ranked ahead of Mackinnon on a number of sites...just saying to be careful with overvaluing a playoff series sometimes...Mackinnon is a legit talent and any team would be glad to have him, I personally see 2 players better than him for this draft.

Old
05-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Mackinnon wasnt even the best player on his own team for most of the year..

I will be absolutely floored if Jones isnt picked #1. Just makes too much sense to pick him with what Colorado needs.
Offensively maybe not, but he is by far and away the most complete player in this draft.

There is a reason he is constantly ahead of Drouin in the ISS rankings.

Old
05-30-2013, 04:03 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Offensively maybe not, but he is by far and away the most complete player in this draft.

There is a reason he is constantly ahead of Drouin in the ISS rankings.
he has been constantly behind Drouin on other services as well...

Mackinnon is a great player, not a bad problem to have picking between him, Drouin, and Jones..

Old
05-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Basically....three no brainer picks then the work begins

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 05:43 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd pick MacKinnon too. The Avs have a bunch of No. 2 centers. Deal from that strength and draft a No. 1.
I don't see how a team that already has the best three man Center combo and no D should select the Center over the D. Just creating more work for themselves. They will never get their hands on a D with Jones #1 potential if they let this opportunity pass. MacKinnon will get more points and so he'll be constantly rated as better on places like HFBoards where points trump everything but in terms of building a team that is capable of winning you need some guys who can defend as well.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
I don't see how a team that already has the best three man Center combo and no D should select the Center over the D. Just creating more work for themselves. They will never get their hands on a D with Jones #1 potential if they let this opportunity pass. MacKinnon will get more points and so he'll be constantly rated as better on places like HFBoards where points trump everything but in terms of building a team that is capable of winning you need some guys who can defend as well.
Colorado does not have a #1C. Duchene, RoR, and Stastny do not fit that bill, and I don't think they will.

And you are severely under rating MacKinnons all around game if you think he will"just put up points." Kid can absolutely be another Toews.

It is also rarer to find an elite #1C than it is to find a Norris caliber Dman.
Weber, Keith, Karlsson, Chara, etc were all drafted well after the #1 pick.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:07 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Colorado does not have a #1C. Duchene, RoR, and Stastny do not fit that bill, and I don't think they will.

And you are severely under rating MacKinnons all around game if you think he will"just put up points." Kid can absolutely be another Toews.

It is also rarer to find an elite #1C than it is to find a Norris caliber Dman.
Weber, Keith, Karlsson, Chara, etc were all drafted well after the #1 pick.
I think you're underrating Duchene. He wasn't too far off PPG this year. 43/47. Keep in mind they took him 3rd overall not long ago. Maybe he won't win the Hart Trophy but I think he'll pretty clearly be a #1 Center. ROR will be a high-end #2. It wasn't long ago Stastny was considered a #1. Check out his first four years in the league. At the very least he's another high-end #2 and could fetch a very good return or they could just keep him and have the best Center depth in the league.

They really don't need a superstar #1 Center with what they already have. They are absolutely lacking in D. They have some good top four D potential guys in Barrie, Elliot, and Siemens but nobody close to having #1 potential. I don't care about the great Defensemen drafted late, that's just hoping to get lucky with that kind of pick. Jones immediately gives them a high-end Defensive prospect that they desperately need.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Hawkaholic

I guess we'll see, nobody is going to fault them for whoever they choose. I agree that they need a Dman, but they can trade RoR or Duchene for a very solid Dman maybe not as good as Jones will be though, but imo an elite #1C >an elite #1Dman.

Kind of like ..would you trade Crosby or Toews for Suter or Chara?

Mackinnon projects to be better than all the Cs that COL has. And you can never have too many Cs on your team.

Old
05-31-2013, 11:22 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

forwards are always sexier picks when your talking this high in the draft. it is hard for people to really justify taking a dman over a potential elite forward..we all love scoring and production it is something that has been this way for many years...maybe Jones is the next Orr..or maybe he is the next Erik Johnson, with dmen you simply never know even more so than with a forward...I still think Jones goes #1 to his hometown team, but I will not be one bit surprised if Drouin or Mackinnon goes before him.