HC Donbas

Old
05-29-2013, 04:27 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
damnit.

was just reading and im late on this news, but ends up donbass-2 dissolved. the young guard will replace them in the MHL for the most part, while Bilyi Bars will be Donbass' PHL farm team.

neat.
Sucks about Donbass-2. I was hoping they'd join the VHL at some point. However, now that the juniors will be able to play at home against high-end talent is great!

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

don't see the point to a VHL team. With D2 basically changing their name to BB that's a wash, and the MHL team allows them to develop their kids

I think it's better to have a PHL team than a VHL team if they have the MHL team for the U21s (or what is the upper age limit at now?). Mature players if they aren't prospect and need to be sent down for a conditioning stint or whatever, at least they're in Ukraine and can be called up quickly, and not have to deal with the VHL's insane travel

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:27 AM
smitty10

Quote:
don't see the point to a VHL team. With D2 basically changing their name to BB that's a wash, and the MHL team allows them to develop their kids

I think it's better to have a PHL team than a VHL team if they have the MHL team for the U21s (or what is the upper age limit at now?). Mature players if they aren't prospect and need to be sent down for a conditioning stint or whatever, at least they're in Ukraine and can be called up quickly, and not have to deal with the VHL's insane travel
That's true. I was more so just thinking that it would be an easier transition to the KHL due to the high level of play.

Old
05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:

Would VHL be a bad thing? PHL can still be used with VHL team around. Best players from PHL can move to VHL team which can be like an all star team of Ukraines. This way players are climbing one step at a time rather than trying to make the big jump from PHL -> KHL. Yes travel may be bad.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
if they have the MHL team for the U21s (or what is the upper age limit at now?).
20 but official news in summer.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Would VHL be a bad thing? PHL can still be used with VHL team around. Best players from PHL can move to VHL team which can be like an all star team of Ukraines. This way players are climbing one step at a time rather than trying to make the big jump from PHL -> KHL. Yes travel may be bad.
I don't think there are enough middle of the road Ukrainian players that are over 21, exceedingly too good for the PHL, and not good enough for the KHL

which if that's the case, why does donbass have to foot the bill to develop mediocre russian players in russia?

Old
05-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

so about the young guard, here's the logos submitted that didnt win

http://hcdonbass.com/news/klub/vyber...odoy_gvardii_/

and someone pointed out, the winner looks like the colorado rapids logo

Old
05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

donbass-2007 team

good to see hockey being played young in ukraine and donbass putting so much effort into it's schooling system

Old
05-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

interview with kolesnikov

http://hc.lviv.ua/newsukr/4963.htm

Quote:
- Judging by their conversation, the return of Ruslan Fedotenko in the "Donbass" - that's a bargain?
- Let's not rush things. Ruslan has a valid contract with "Philadelphia," and until June 30 to talk about something we do not. As I understood from his interviews, he has three sons and two championship rings for winning the Stanley Cup. And as I understand, Ruslan wants to win a third ring with our club in the Gagarin Cup. You know, I do not mind (laughs).

- Some more high-profile acquisition of "Donbass" plans this summer?
- It depends entirely on Nazarov. He said that the team is formed by 95 percent. It will be seen in the course fees - now something the team almost staffed.

- I understand, with the task to collect all qualified Ukrainian hockey players in the "Donbass" you almost have coped?
- If you put the question to Fedotenko, we have not only (Alexei) Ponikarovsky and (Constantine) Kasyanchuk. That's it! As much as we would like to strengthen the national team of Ukraine, the top players have gone. There are a huge number of native-born players. Together we quickly gather up a whole team, but they have passports of other countries. Here, for example, (Nikolai) Zherdev. A great hockey player, was born in Kiev. But he - a citizen of Russia. It is necessary that he played four years for the Ukrainian club, and only then you can apply for recognition of his Ukrainian citizenship.

- How did you feel about the naturalization of Russians?
- Naturalization ... When we invite hockey players 18-20 years of age who are not played for the national team of Russia and it takes Ukrainian citizenship - this is a promising path. When we begin to artificially sculpt team of 30-year veteran - a road to nowhere. I think you understand how we are going to do. We must have patience and a little wait. I think the system of formation of hockey in Ukraine will take about 5-7 years. In the meantime, we will treat the resources that we have.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:42 PM
smitty10

Quote:
interview with kolesnikov

http://hc.lviv.ua/newsukr/4963.htm
Awesome article. Thanks for posting!

Looks like Feds will be back with Donbass. I think Poni will be back in the NHL next year.

Still, I think they'll reach out to Kasyanchuk.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:47 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Me like the logo of Donbass's MHL team

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

http://www.sokol.kiev.ua/page-id-5420.html

interview with fedotenko
Quote:
- How did you know my phone number? Just wondering how journalists find contacts - began the interview with Fedotenko. I had to "surrender" Ponikarovsky.
lol

Quote:
On one Ukrainian forum appeared that Fedotenko will sign a contract with the "Donbass". Is it true?
- Oooo ... (After a pause.) We really are in negotiations, but until the end of June I have a contract with the "Philadelphia." So now I have no right to sign the new agreement. See what happens with Philly, with other NHL teams. And when I become an unrestricted free agent, will have a family to think, discuss, decide. -
Quote:
As the wife reacted to your voyage in the "Donbass" during the lockout in the NHL?
- With understanding. She came to Donetsk for a couple of weeks, came to the games. But at the city we have not seen - it was very cold. That's when I'll come back to play in Donetsk, the wife will have to live with me.
Quote:
- A person you played as I could, or expect more from myself?
- When I signed the contract with "Philadelphia", I thought that I would give more chance to prove himself. So was unhappy with his role - the way I was used by the coach. I wanted to help the team more. Said several times during the season on the subject with Peter Laviolette, told him what I was feeling. But, it turns out, we have different points of view.

In the third I played only five games. And then the "raised" in the third five, so I started to score. Although the players have set. And so basically had to spend the season in the fourth line with "tough guys." After all, most never played. And it was a lot of injuries, and the team has performed poorly. Usually coaches in such situations change something, give a chance to other players. But Laviolette said to me that he needs four lines on which he can rely on, and he sees me right in the fourth. Like, I'm good at my role, the coach may even release my line against the top line of the opponent. But it did not suit me, so I was not satisfied.
Quote:
What are your impressions of the return to the national team of Ukraine?
- It was nice. It is a pity only that the team was unable to overcome the next round of Olympic qualifying. I am on the internet and watching the team was hoping to play again at the Olympics. Did not work out.

- Maybe even help the team at the World Championships ... - Anything is possible, from the team I'm not going to give up.
Just before the NHL has always played in the Stanley Cup, which coincided in time with the world forums. And when, in 2007, did not get to the "Islanders" in the playoffs, then did not play for the national team due to a knee injury - I was treated for more than a month. If you have the opportunity to play for the national team, then why not play?
also
Quote:
I liked it here. Therefore, there is a chance that I will return to Donetsk. It is a pity that the "Donbass" not made ​​it into the playoffs, did not have a point. I hope that next season the team will perform better.
Quote:
Where do you live now? Here Ponikarovsky - with his family in Miami.
- Of course, it is better to sit on the beach in Florida than in the cold of Toronto, where he has a house (laughs). I'm in Philadelphia - then we took an apartment to rent for a year. We have several homes in different places, but never ever live. In hockey this work that we have to live where you play

Old
05-31-2013, 11:07 PM
smitty10

Quote:
http://www.sokol.kiev.ua/page-id-5420.html

interview with fedotenko

lol

also
Thanks for posting/translating.

It sounds like Feds will be going back to Donetsk once his contract ends with Philly. If I had it my way, I'd have 8-10 top Ukrainians playing with Donbass and developing their talents/renewing their National Team ties so that Ukraine can get back to the top level of the WC in the next couple of years. Fedotenko would be the first person on that list that I would try to sign and he'd be the player I'd choose as team captain.

It's a positive to see the GM going out and trying to get the best Ukrainians available. I wonder if he'll contact Ponikarovsky's agent to see if a contacted to see if he's interested in returning to Ukraine. Adding him and Fedotenko would be a positive step for both the KHL and National Teams.

Also, has there been any word of whether or not Toryanik or Kasyanchuk have been in contract negotiations with Donbass? Both would fit in nicely with the rest of the top national players. I'm still holding out hope for Gaiduchenko one day representing Ukraine internationally, but that's looking less and less likely each season.

Old
05-31-2013, 11:56 PM
smitty10

My guess for the lines going into next season:

Kagarlitsky-Robitaille-Dadonov
Laine-Fedotenko (C)-Pettersson
Nedorost (A)-Yakutsenya-Kasyanchuk
Varlamov-Donika-Kvitchenko
Materukhin

Bartulis-Wilson
Razin (A)-Podhradsky
Piganovich-Salmela
Lyutkevich

Holt
Laco

*Bolded aren't currently under contract

Old
06-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
My guess for the lines going into next season:

Kagarlitsky-Robitaille-Dadonov
Laine-Fedotenko (C)-Pettersson
Nedorost (A)-Yakutsenya-Kasyanchuk
Varlamov-Donika-Kvitchenko
Materukhin

Bartulis-Wilson
Razin (A)-Podhradsky
Piganovich-Salmela
Lyutkevich

Holt
Laco

*Bolded aren't currently under contract
What about Lukas Kaspar?

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:43 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
What about Lukas Kaspar?
I don't think his contract was renewed.

Old
06-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Why aren't there more Ukrainian posters on here? You'd think with all the Ukrainian Canadians there'd be more than a handful here. The Croatian KHL team's thread is booming.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:41 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Why aren't there more Ukrainian posters on here? You'd think with all the Ukrainian Canadians there'd be more than a handful here. The Croatian KHL team's thread is booming.
You have one thing Croats don't have. Me!

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:37 AM
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps

Send a message via Skype™ to SashaSemin28
I kinda wish the team name was Shakhtar not Donbas, though it is my favourite KHL team (unless a team named Dynamo Kyiv gets a KHL team somehow)

SashaSemin28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:52 AM
Sucrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaSemin28 View Post
(unless a team named Dynamo Kyiv gets a KHL team somehow)
I guess there are enough Di/ynamos in the KHL already

Sucrologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:14 AM
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucrologist View Post
I guess there are enough Di/ynamos in the KHL already
Dynamo Kyiv are my second team in football after Chelsea, its the only reason I would want a Kyiv team named Dynamo XD.

On an unrelated note, your avatar is Anna Sidorova?

Old
06-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Sucrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaSemin28 View Post
Dynamo Kyiv are my second team in football after Chelsea, its the only reason I would want a Kyiv team named Dynamo XD.

On an unrelated note, your avatar is Anna Sidorova?
Yes

Maybe moving this thread to KHL section would draw more interest?

Sucrologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:31 AM
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps

Quote:
Yes

She is absolutely stunning haha

and more than likely, Medvescask and Riga get there own thread, so should Donbas really.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:52 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Yes

Definitely would. Someone should create the Donbass thread over there.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1440071