HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 15.0 - Not The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Habsland35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I tried to ignore it the whole day but really I'm extremely disappointed with media coverage of the Impact. Seriously what's wrong with Montreal? Even if the habs got eliminated, it's all about hockey. For sure hockey is my co-favorite sport, but why would the hawks vs detroit series or the firing of Tortorella be more important than the impact? Not a single media (major newspapers, radio stations, tv stations) had the impact win in their top sports news. Media is controlled by a bunch of old men that know no other sport than hockey, it's a shame.

i agree it is sad...honestly im a huge habs fan but i love the impact as well....i get that its the playoffs but come on they just won a cup...i tuned into 690 today hoping to hear a little coverage on the impact finally but i dont know if i just caught them at a bad time but other then on the updates there was nothing....

i get that this city is all hockey but the media has to realize that there is another team out there and it is quite an amazing story what they are accomplishing in such a short time frame in a new league

one big problem is that its almost impossible to watch games because the majority of games are only on TVA sports

honestly i woke up really happy today after last nights game but the feeling faded really quickly after realizing that no one is even speaking about last nights game

all i have to say is thank god for this forum and the posters that follow the impact

cant wait for saturday

Old
05-31-2013, 12:15 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsland35 View Post
i agree it is sad...honestly im a huge habs fan but i love the impact as well....i get that its the playoffs but come on they just won a cup...i tuned into 690 today hoping to hear a little coverage on the impact finally but i dont know if i just caught them at a bad time but other then on the updates there was nothing....

i get that this city is all hockey but the media has to realize that there is another team out there and it is quite an amazing story what they are accomplishing in such a short time frame in a new league

one big problem is that its almost impossible to watch games because the majority of games are only on TVA sports

honestly i woke up really happy today after last nights game but the feeling faded really quickly after realizing that no one is even speaking about last nights game

all i have to say is thank god for this forum and the posters that follow the impact

cant wait for saturday
So true... so sad. Went out with a big group of friends tonight and not ONE of them knew about last night's game. The media is just pathetic when it comes to the Impact.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:43 AM
JtotheC

The Impact have been winning, we have a few big name players, we have an entertaining product on the pitch and the tickets are affordable but we don't have much "buzz"...which is disappointing to me.

I think that the Impact need to find a way to attract:
- The casual sports fans..the ones that watch a lot of sports.
- People that watch soccer on TV but do not attend Impact games or have never been to the Saputo Stadium.
- Bandwagoners (we don't like them but they could turn into future fans and follow the team)

I feel like these people need to watch a game live because I don't know how many people I have taken to games and they got into it and wouldn't say no to coming to a game with me.

I think it doesn't help that most of their games are on TVA..I gotta find myself using streams sometimes. And also because they have 3rd tier sponsors.

But I am sure that if they keep it up, more fans will pay attention..and with the nice weather I expect the Saputo Stadium to sell out starting in June!

Old
05-31-2013, 12:46 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezc View Post
The Impact have been winning, we have a few big name players, we have an entertaining product on the pitch and the tickets are affordable but we don't have much "buzz"...which is disappointing to me.

I think that the Impact need to find a way to attract:
- The casual sports fans..the ones that watch a lot of sports.
- People that watch soccer on TV but do not attend Impact games or have never been to the Saputo Stadium.
- Bandwagoners (we don't like them but they could turn into future fans and follow the team)

I think it doesn't help that most of their games are on TVA..I gotta find myself using streams sometimes. And also because they have 3rd tier sponsors.

But I am sure that if they keep it up, more fans will pay attention..and with the nice weather I expect the Saputo Stadium to sell out starting in June!
I don't think the trouble is that people don't attend the game, but rather that not many actually watch the games from home or show interest in it. If the Impact keeps on winning, the fans should be following.

Montréal is a hockey town, and a winning town for the other sports. You have to be successful to gather interest.

Old
05-31-2013, 02:43 AM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Montreal is a Habs town. Not even Junior hockey can survive here. We're in my opinion one of the most overrated sports town in NA.

Old
05-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
The impact will eventually take a much bigger place in town. We need some playoffs or a cup and then everyone will be glued to the team... It's only a matter of time.

I'm pretty sure the MLS actually has a bigger impact here than in lots of other markets.

Old
05-31-2013, 04:29 AM
gelu88

Given that TVA has most Impact games, and most probably will for the foreseeable future. Woudn't the comeback of the Nordiques greatly benefit us?

That'll greatly increase TVA Sports subscriptions, and since TVA puts a pretty decent emphasis on the team, having every person in Quebec subscribe to it must surely give us a boost.

Closed Thread