Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hockey Quebec Peewee and Bantam AAA

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 04:00 PM
bigstarr

vCash: 500
finally lac st Louis got it right with the selection of the sport etudes coaches for bantam and espoir.

I just hope now they do the same for the community teams and bring in coaches like them that know the game and that are not just "friends" of the higher-ups.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Hockey RUS

The better coaching will be Sports-Etudes because less politics in selection. These guys are already active in the programs and know most of the players very well.

The community teams will be more political choices. I hope I am wrong.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:27 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmatuerFan65 View Post
It is official - Eric Lecompte is the new head coach of the Bt AAA sport-etudes team at John Rennie.

Jean-Francois Coderre is the head coach of the Bt AA sport-etude team.

Nick Orlando is the new head coach of the MD Espoir sport-etudes team at John rennie.
Please advise where you saw that this news is official. Thanks

Old
05-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPro View Post
Please advise where you saw that this news is official. Thanks
Its official ... I saw and heard about it as well

Eric Lecompte twitter account is where I saw it

Old
05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Pro Action Hockey ‏@ProActionHockey 9h
Sport-Études teams announce their coaches for the 2013-2014.
Bantam AA- J-F Coderre
Bantam AAA- Eric Lecompte
Midget Espoir- Nick Orlando
Retweeted by Eric Lecompte

Old
05-25-2013, 12:49 PM
bigstarr

I was told by someone that the community teams know which coaches will be coaching PW AAA (both teams) and also Bantam AAA. They will not announce it until they find the coaches for BT AA and the two PW AA teams. Not many coaches applied for PW AA or BT AA.

Old
05-25-2013, 05:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstarr View Post
I was told by someone that the community teams know which coaches will be coaching PW AAA (both teams) and also Bantam AAA. They will not announce it until they find the coaches for BT AA and the two PW AA teams. Not many coaches applied for PW AA or BT AA.
Everyone wanted in at AAA.

Old
05-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Hockey RUS

Now that SIL is over for u13. What happens next will be interesting. I heard they did well under Gomez. Does that mean that these kids get a free pass to Bantam AA or even some of the AAA. Also, a good number of kids go the sports-etudes.

My point is whoever coaches AA...can he take a kid not on the SIL team over a kid on the SIL team? I guess it depends on the coach.

Will PWAA and Bantam AA be developmental teams with 1st years or will they go for wins for 2nd years. Since Hockey Quebec did not officially go major/minor, it will be interesting. If the PWAA and Bantam are mostly 1st years....Bantam BB will have alot of returning players.

Any heard of any invites for AAA/AA camps yet. I think Arsenal already did.

Old
05-27-2013, 09:35 AM
HockeyPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
Now that SIL is over for u13. What happens next will be interesting. I heard they did well under Gomez. Does that mean that these kids get a free pass to Bantam AA or even some of the AAA. Also, a good number of kids go the sports-etudes.

My point is whoever coaches AA...can he take a kid not on the SIL team over a kid on the SIL team? I guess it depends on the coach.

Will PWAA and Bantam AA be developmental teams with 1st years or will they go for wins for 2nd years. Since Hockey Quebec did not officially go major/minor, it will be interesting. If the PWAA and Bantam are mostly 1st years....Bantam BB will have alot of returning players.

Any heard of any invites for AAA/AA camps yet. I think Arsenal already did.
Arsenal did a long time ago. They already did their pre-camp and 64 kids selected for both peewee and Bantam back in April. Those kids went through the testing afterwards and were given an off-ice program to follow during the summer. They are way ahead than our area.

Old
05-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Hockey RUS

I would think you want to send a camp invite out, just to get confirmation of who is in and who is out.

I found the Arsenal site and it was pretty damn informative. They had a players list up but, it seemed to have been taken out. Does anyone have it?

Old
05-27-2013, 10:46 AM
HockeyPro

Quote:
I would think you want to send a camp invite out, just to get confirmation of who is in and who is out.

I found the Arsenal site and it was pretty damn informative. They had a players list up but, it seemed to have been taken out. Does anyone have it?
It would be pretty helpful considering that people put vacations on hold until this information is out !

Old
05-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Hockey RUS

I laugh because I have of cases where kids have made teams despite being on vacation for most of tryouts.

Old
05-27-2013, 04:16 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
I laugh because I have of cases where kids have made teams despite being on vacation for most of tryouts.
What does that prove ? ... from past experience teams and deals are made in the summer time between coaches ! I will leave the association unnamed but I can say that I am guilty of doing the same ... not because I wanted to but because you have to play the game if you want to keep coaching. You have to close your eyes and ears and ride the wave. Some coaches are ok with this and some are not. Those that are strait and have a concsience do not coach very long ...regardless how much experience and training you have !

Old
05-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Hockey RUS

I coached in Ontario for 3 years before we started a family. I had no kids on the team. This is when I was alot younger. My number one rule was: "IF CANNOT PICK THE PLAYERS I WANT, FIND ANOTHER COACH".

Once you give into an association for something that fundamental, you will give into them many more times down the road.

I would not trust an organization that pushes a kid on me. If you need the money and are a paid coach, maybe that is a little different. As a volunteer, you do not need that BS.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

A reminder about the site rules, to which you all agreed when you registered an account:
13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Old
05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Back to the orignial topic..

I spoke with Rob Haddock, he confirmed to me that he's not in the running as he didn't apply.

Any idea on who the favorites for Peewee are ?

Old
05-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Hockey RUS

The Meltdown takes place this weekend and the U14's are playing in Quebec. I assume these will be good places to hang out and get the scoops.

Someone posted that Francis got a community team. Is that official since none of the other community teams have been announced. i assume they would announce all at once.

Old
05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
The Meltdown takes place this weekend and the U14's are playing in Quebec. I assume these will be good places to hang out and get the scoops.

Someone posted that Francis got a community team. Is that official since none of the other community teams have been announced. i assume they would announce all at once.
Francis has apparently been the community AAA coach for a long time.

Ammar Naek is a name that I've heard for DDO Bantam AA, multiple people are pushing for him.

Old
05-31-2013, 07:27 AM
PassiveObserver

Rumors Rumors Rumors

Quote:
Francis has apparently been the community AAA coach for a long time.
I don't know where you got your info, but from what I heard Claude Francis has not done his interview yet so how can they be giving him a team?

Also, the only reason Francis has been successful these past few years is because Louis Isabella has been feeding him players. If you were to look at the team this year, its a best of PW AA of last year and 2 years ago. Despite what people say about him, he gets players to work hard and achieve their potential. He's a straight shooter and likes to do things his own way. He may have bruised a few ego's in the stands but he's an elite hockey coach developing elite players not parents.

If I were to be in the room when the decisions actually come down (instead of listening to this rumor factory) I would push for someone like Louis Isabella for BT AAA in a heartbeat. LSL is weak on the outside and is in need of some tough love!

Old
05-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Hockey RUS

I think Naek coached Bantam BB Deux RIves last year. He also has team of 2000 DDO boys in Spring hockey. If he gets AA it will be really awkward for Lakeshore.

He has coached Deux Rives 1999s in Bantam and now has a bunch of DDO kids in the spring. Where does that leave the Lakeshore kids? I cannot see the Lakeshore side happy with that pick.

Also, Gomez coached the U13 boys and left off a good number of Lakeshore kids.

SOunds like Lakeshore will be boxed out of AA and will have a powerhouse in Bantam BB.

Again, this all starts become territorial at the community level. It is a shame they do not go outside the box and pick someone who has never coached in LSL before but, maybe someone from outside. All the names I have heard have ties with one organization or another.

Parents will see the writing on the wall by the selection of the Head Coach and it will affect their decision to attend or not attend the precamp. I would not be shocked if there will be alot of kids saying no to the AAA/AA camp which is why the invites should have started ages ago.

The trickle down impact to BB and CC will be huge!

Old
05-31-2013, 08:41 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think Naek coached Bantam BB Deux RIves last year. He also has team of 2000 DDO boys in Spring hockey. If he gets AA it will be really awkward for Lakeshore.

He has coached Deux Rives 1999s in Bantam and now has a bunch of DDO kids in the spring. Where does that leave the Lakeshore kids? I cannot see the Lakeshore side happy with that pick.

SOunds like Lakeshore will be boxed out of AA and will have a powerhouse in Bantam BB.

Again, this all starts become territorial at the community level. It is a shame they do not go outside the box and pick someone who has never coached in LSL before but, maybe someone from outside. All the names I have heard have ties with one organization or another.

Parents will see the writing on the wall by the selection of the Head Coach and it will affect their decision to attend or not attend the precamp. I would not be shocked if there will be alot of kids saying no to the AAA/AA camp which is why the invites should have started ages ago.

It's funny you say all this.

Ammar Naek coached in Lakeshore, Deux Rives and DDO.

He has no bias against any of the kids. He's a straight shoot who will take the best players to play his style on his team. He getting BT-AA is a sign that the kids there have hope.. Dollard controls that team..

Old
05-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Oilersfan2487

Quote:

Question, which team represented the lac st Louis region for the SIL at peewee AA and Bantam AA? I was pretty sure it was lakeshore, no? Why would any coach "box out" Lakeshore kids if they have shown a history of performance and development? Or are you just stirring the pot?

Old
05-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Oilersfan2487

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveObserver View Post
I don't know where you got your info, but from what I heard Claude Francis has not done his interview yet so how can they be giving him a team?

Also, the only reason Francis has been successful these past few years is because Louis Isabella has been feeding him players. If you were to look at the team this year, its a best of PW AA of last year and 2 years ago. Despite what people say about him, he gets players to work hard and achieve their potential. He's a straight shooter and likes to do things his own way. He may have bruised a few ego's in the stands but he's an elite hockey coach developing elite players not parents.

If I were to be in the room when the decisions actually come down (instead of listening to this rumor factory) I would push for someone like Louis Isabella for BT AAA in a heartbeat. LSL is weak on the outside and is in need of some tough love!
I don't understand how Kirk Mullin from West Island is overlooked in these discussions. His players are very well prepared, look today he has two players that are invited to the All State All Canadians mentorship camp, that was one of his former players receiving the Memorial Cup for Halifax in stef Fournier...this coach doesn't develop one group, he develops a strong group every year...why aren't you guys lobbying for the best available coach...he is ahead of your guy Louis Isabella , who by the way, has accepted the peewee aaa coaching position in Montreal

Old
05-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveObserver View Post

The PW AA team of Lakeshore in 2009-20010 and 2010-2011 had alot of talent. They underacheived by not winning Dodge Cup. Who'e fault is that - the coaches. So - I do not think they did a very good job.

Old
05-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Hockey RUS

Its funny. I have no endorsed anyone. Yeah. Of course I am stirring the pot because I would like to see someone totally independent chosen at such an elite level.

For BB and CC, you can never avoid the politics.

If you are charging parents alot of money for elite hockey go out and recruit the best candidate...and do not stick within your region.

Was there a large search started for coaches throughout the province. Hell no. There was a posting on a couple of websites that most would never look at.

Closed Thread