Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2013, 10:02 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2487 View Post
I don't understand how Kirk Mullin from West Island is overlooked in these discussions. His players are very well prepared, look today he has two players that are invited to the All State All Canadians mentorship camp, that was one of his former players receiving the Memorial Cup for Halifax in stef Fournier...this coach doesn't develop one group, he develops a strong group every year...why aren't you guys lobbying for the best available coach...he is ahead of your guy Louis Isabella , who by the way, has accepted the peewee aaa coaching position in Montreal
Louis Isabella is LaSalle AAA now. He's not coming back.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:13 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Louis Isabella is LaSalle AAA now. He's not coming back.
Louis Isabella is with the Montreal peewee AAA team. It's posted on their website. I know one coach, Elio Marzitelli who I heard from some parents that he had applied for Bantam but has not been mentioned at all in these discussions and who is very well qualified and has the player and coaching experience. Everything I heard from him in terms of player development is very positive. I know he was given a very hard time when he coached at Lakeshore for coaching "outside the box". There was a nice article written about him in the Gazette.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:32 PM
bigstarr

Isabella applied for bantam aaa lac st Louis. he had his interview but did not get the position. his back up plan was pw aaa montreal which he is now coaching.

Francis will be the coach for bantam aaa. it has not been announced but he will be the coach.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPro View Post
Louis Isabella is with the Montreal peewee AAA team. It's posted on their website. I know one coach, Elio Marzitelli who I heard from some parents that he had applied for Bantam but has not been mentioned at all in these discussions and who is very well qualified and has the player and coaching experience. Everything I heard from him in terms of player development is very positive. I know he was given a very hard time when he coached at Lakeshore for coaching "outside the box". There was a nice article written about him in the Gazette.
You're funny.

Louis Isabella is supposed to be with the LaSalle teams.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:58 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
You're funny.

Louis Isabella is supposed to be with the LaSalle teams.
Here is the proof: http://lehockey.ca/Association/MtlEl...ge?S=11007&M=1

Old
05-31-2013, 02:34 PM
proam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstarr View Post
Francis will be the coach for bantam aaa. it has not been announced but he will be the coach.
I would not send my kid into that system or coaching style. If the kid's got or wants a future in hockey send him to Sport Etudes with Lacompte.

Old
05-31-2013, 03:39 PM
qc2nf

Quote:
Originally Posted by proam16 View Post
I would not send my kid into that system or coaching style. If the kid's got or wants a future in hockey send him to Sport Etudes with Lacompte.
First off the JR coach Eric Lacompte is an excellent coach so i agree with you on that. As far as not sending your son to play in that system with Claude is way off, I am sure your son is comparable to Louis Leblanc and it did not hurt him so much playing with Claude Francis for two years. I think that with the interviews STARTING next week that if they choose Claude or Kirk that both AAA teams will be very well coached and the kids will learn how to compete and play.

Old
05-31-2013, 04:22 PM
proam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutqc View Post
First off the JR coach Eric Lacompte is an excellent coach so i agree with you on that. As far as not sending your son to play in that system with Claude is way off, I am sure your son is comparable to Louis Leblanc and it did not hurt him so much playing with Claude Francis for two years. I think that with the interviews STARTING next week that if they choose Claude or Kirk that both AAA teams will be very well coached and the kids will learn how to compete and play.
Not sure why you are comparing with Louis Leblanc...you do not know who my kid is.
I guess the problem over there is some of the parents and the support the coach receives from the association. The coach is not allowed to coach his bench. At that level of competion - the coach should have the right to coach his bench and have support while doing it. Every other coach in the province has that right...to some degree.
I still would not send my kid to play over there. IMO - some of those teams should have be in Dodoge cup finals consistently - but they have not been...too much medling and saying yes...So for those reasons I would not send my kid there.

Old
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
Not sure why you are comparing with Louis Leblanc...you do not know who my kid is.
I guess the problem over there is some of the parents and the support the coach receives from the association. The coach is not allowed to coach his bench. At that level of competion - the coach should have the right to coach his bench and have support while doing it. Every other coach in the province has that right...to some degree.
I still would not send my kid to play over there. IMO - some of those teams should have be in Dodoge cup finals consistently - but they have not been...too much medling and saying yes...So for those reasons I would not send my kid there.
I agree 100%. The good coaches do not get the support from the association. Good examples are ... Isabella, Francis, Marzitelli. Furthermore, they don't get to pick their players to help them with their coaching styles.

Old
05-31-2013, 05:03 PM
qc2nf

Quote:
I am sorry I thought you were talking about the coach. If you are talking about the associations I do not deal with them. As far as those coaches(Francis, Mullin, Lecompte) they are excellent coaches who will be under the Lac St Louis umbrella so what does it matter about the associations. All the teams(John Rennie and community) aaa and aa will be run under the watchful eye of Lac St Louis. Unless I am missing something I am sure that who ever they choose will be given the opportunity to coach their style.

Old
05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Oilersfan2487

Quote:
I think the point was that if Louis Leblanc could succeed with Claude Francis as his coach, that your son could. Your suggestion about dodge cup finals being a criteria for your son going to a program I think is hogwash at best. Getting to the final of that tournament has more to do with all the events around the tournament more than coaching. Though, I have seen Claude Francis coach in a dodge cup final...have you? I don't think Claude Francis would endorse your version of interference, he has grown a lot as a coach because of the investment that his organization has made in him since 2005-2006. I think he values the support he receives...Eli probably does not as he hasn't been coaching at an elite level and his atom bb resume was not as appreciated as he felt it should be...taking a course and getting a level does not make you a good coach until such time as you see the fruits of the labor, like I mentioned about Kirk Mullin and his work...the fruits of his labor are more evident than Eli, I think we can agree on that !

Old
05-31-2013, 06:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I'm surprised Louis Isabella didn't get LSL Arsenal AAA.

Old
06-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Hockey RUS

I was looking at the roster of the U14 team that represented Lions at the weekened Brossard tournament. I was surprised to see some of the names that made it. The 1999 year is a remarkably strong Lakeshore year. Yet, alot of Lakeshore kids seemed to have dropped out of SIL or were not picked. I assume there is boat load of politics that took place too.

Whoever coaches, I hope for the kids that they are left alone to coach. Unfortunately, that has rarely been the case over the years no matter what organization you look at it.

There are too too many parents with the time and money who get make life miserable for organization/coach where they do not get their way.

Old
06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
I was looking at the roster of the U14 team that represented Lions at the weekened Brossard tournament. I was surprised to see some of the names that made it. The 1999 year is a remarkably strong Lakeshore year. Yet, alot of Lakeshore kids seemed to have dropped out of SIL or were not picked. I assume there is boat load of politics that took place too.

Whoever coaches, I hope for the kids that they are left alone to coach. Unfortunately, that has rarely been the case over the years no matter what organization you look at it.

There are too too many parents with the time and money who get make life miserable for organization/coach where they do not get their way.
Have you ever thought that maybe because its a lions team that they take who they want..

Old
06-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Hockey RUS

Of course it is the Lions who takew who they want! THat is the punchline.

Player X plays Spring Hockey with 1 AAA team and Player Y plays for Jr. Lions. Who gets chosen for SIL? We all know the answer.

Many kids/parents walked away from u13/14 SIL because it has become a private club over the last couple of years run by a few individuals.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Of course it is the Lions who takew who they want! THat is the punchline.

Player X plays Spring Hockey with 1 AAA team and Player Y plays for Jr. Lions. Who gets chosen for SIL? We all know the answer.

Many kids/parents walked away from u13/14 SIL because it has become a private club over the last couple of years run by a few individuals.
I don't disagree.

I find it very odd that Hockey Quebec has allowed a Midget AAA team to be privately owned.

Old
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Hockey RUS

Not only are the Lions privately owned and a AAA organization but, they control the rights of every kid in the region. That is a monopoly which should concern parents.

If you are an elite level prospect your future is at the mercy of a handful of people. COming from Ontario, I can tell you where that can lead and it is not good.

Old
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Not only are the Lions privately owned and a AAA organization but, they control the rights of every kid in the region. That is a monopoly which should concern parents.

If you are an elite level prospect your future is at the mercy of a handful of people. COming from Ontario, I can tell you where that can lead and it is not good.
Doesn't every AAA team have this much power in its own territory ?

Old
06-03-2013, 04:27 PM
proam16

Quote:
Doesn't every AAA team have this much power in its own territory ?
Yes they do.

Old
06-03-2013, 04:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yes they do.
So really every where is the same.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Hockey RUS

The problem is the monopoly being in the hands of a "business".

The only alternative is the school system and more kids will be going that route over time. I sincerely believe that the AAA/AA system will drive kids their.

Once the parent with a half a brain realizes the elite system caters to the 1% they will look for an alternative. Sadly, most parents think their son is the 1%.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
The problem is the monopoly being in the hands of a "business".

The only alternative is the school system and more kids will be going that route over time. I sincerely believe that the AAA/AA system will drive kids their.

Once the parent with a half a brain realizes the elite system caters to the 1% they will look for an alternative. Sadly, most parents think their son is the 1%.
That will never happen.. There's always enough crazies who will pay their kids way to the top..

Old
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Hockey RUS

I received a comment about why the price for AAA/AA will be high. Apparently, the price will include the equipment? Seriously. Has anyone heard the same. Is it just helmets, gloves or the full monty.

Who gets that nice contract?

Old
06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I received a comment about why the price for AAA/AA will be high. Apparently, the price will include the equipment? Seriously. Has anyone heard the same. Is it just helmets, gloves or the full monty.

Who gets that nice contract?
CCM-Reebok

Old
06-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Hockey RUS

You would think getting a sponsor means a lower price. So kids will not only pay more to get the wear the sponsor's equipment when in fact they are paying to give them free advertising.

LOL. Talk about squeezing the lemons at both ends.

Closed Thread