HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
why should the Hawks trade 2 good/better prospects for 1??

Old
05-18-2013, 03:52 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

they should see what people will give them for their 1st + Bolland.

Old
05-18-2013, 07:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

One period into this Halifax-Portland game and I'm officially on the Nic Petan bandwagon. He's only 5'9", but damn is this kid dynamic. He reminds me of Kane out there. He's fast, outstanding hands and he was making plays all over the place, speaking to his vision and hockey sense.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:32 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

the highest we select will be 27?

Old
05-30-2013, 11:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

The highest the Hawks can select is 28th, I believe.

The highest seed eliminated in this round (Chicago) picks 28th, Cup champs pick 30th and the runner-ups pick 29th.

Could be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

Old
05-30-2013, 11:14 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The highest the Hawks can select is 28th, I believe.

The highest seed eliminated in this round (Chicago) picks 28th, Cup champs pick 30th and the runner-ups pick 29th.

Could be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.
i'll take your word for it...i find the whole thing (for the teams that make the playoffs) confusing.

...i've kept pushing trade proposals on Edmonton...but it was just tonight it occurred to me how late our pick had gotten. I think it would be hard to deal it to move up unless we're given up something impressive...but for the teams who are picking in the top 10, they'll be picking again (i.e. 2nd round) not long after we pick...so will be picking up a similar level player any way.

assuming we do keep the pick, i wouldn't mind Stan just picking the player w/ the highest ceiling irrespective of the risk/downside...any "safe pick" is likely just going to yield the same player who already have in the system several times over.

Old
05-30-2013, 11:25 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Andre Burakovsky's your man then. Great skater, hands, and shot. Even has a fair bit of size (6'1", 180lbs).

The only problem? He didn't produce as much as scouts expected him to this year. But if you're looking for a homerun pick, it'd be him and he could very well be around at the tail end of the 1st round.

Old
05-30-2013, 11:55 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Andre Burakovsky's your man then. Great skater, hands, and shot. Even has a fair bit of size (6'1", 180lbs).

The only problem? He didn't produce as much as scouts expected him to this year. But if you're looking for a homerun pick, it'd be him and he could very well be around at the tail end of the 1st round.
...and he's swedish...and we know the Hawks like Swedes.

looking at various draft lists, fucale seems all over the place - if he's still there at 28+ i'm fine if they grab him (although we all know that Fiddy wouldn't approve).

Old
05-31-2013, 05:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
the highest we select will be 27?
L against Kings = #28
L against BOS/PIT = #29
Cup Winner = #30

Old
05-31-2013, 09:40 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

from the looks of where we will be picking, and seeing how our team lacks that physical size forward (especially if we lose Bickell) I would like to see the Hawks take Michael McCarron from the USNDP.. At 6'5 225lbs the kid has solid hands and decent wheels as well, he literally is a Bickell clone...He takes a few years to develope and continue to get comfortable with that massive frame, but I would love to see Bowman sng up this giant!

Old
05-31-2013, 01:02 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Saw 1 or 2 mocks where Ristolainen went late twenties. Don't think it will happen but he falls we gotta take him. Otherwise Im still kind of interested in Bailey.

Old
05-31-2013, 01:24 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Yeah, trade up for Ristolainen if we can. That would be the perfect pick for this team, big strong D-man.

Old
05-31-2013, 01:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
L against Kings = #28
L against BOS/PIT = #29
Cup Winner = #30
no, you forgot to include the cup loser. that team picks 29.

Old
05-31-2013, 02:14 PM
hawksfan50

McCarron I think skates better than Bickell but his stats do not suggest grade A power forward scorer...don't think he can impact a topsix role on the first 2 lines...SO DO you use a first round pick on just a third line guy or role guy? Hard yo bypas all that great D-men talent like Bowey McCoshen,Bigras,Heatherington and Morin all who will be at least 2nd pairing NHL d-men..Bowey can skate like Keith but at neatly 6'2 and 20O can handled guys with the body better...+41 with Kelowna...McCoshen a 2 way like Seabrok at 63...produces points good shot from the point on Pp good hockey sense...Bigras solid and physical...probably more SAH type. ..Heatherington impressed at the U-18s boosted his stocl as scouts did not buzz on him early due to injury but came on when he got back in play amd rose up the charts. ..big upside at 6'4 196 and can skate...just a bit of catching up to do in his development but could be a steal because hebis just scratching the surface of what he could become...Morin at 6'6 is another with an upside wr don't know yet where it will playeau...You know whay ypu are hetting woth Bowey McCoshen and Bigras...all pretty solid in thrir own styles and abiloty but with Healtherington and Morin they are not yet as advanced but the talent is there andtjat huge size sucj that once they caycj up on the lrarning curve of figuring put the game better you cpuld have very special D men but theu are too good talent wise to bust so not projecyd merely a bit less advamced in my view...It would hatd to bypass any of thrse D-men for just a Bickell clone...exceptt faster...
OR hard to bypas a potentisl franchise goalie which O think Tristan Jarry may become...I think he is the best goalie of this draft...I also like Phillipe Desrosiers who is my 2nd tated goalie..Avoid Zach Fucale...overhyped IMO...yes he is a workhorse bit O dp mot thonl hr id yhay gppd dtopping pucks...out of redpect fpr thr cpnsendid draft rayongs putting him as the top goalie in the draft I wpn't drop him below 5th on My goalie rankings but every gut feeling says Avoid...so if the Hawks tale him I predict he will Bust...If the Hawks bypass Jarry or Desrosiers to take Fucale they are somply nuts.. IF THE HAWKS GO FORWARD then either McCarrom for a role or a kid who impressed.me for Canada at theU-18s..Nick Baptiste..I know Central Scoutong only had him at #61 NA skater but thay is nuts after how he petformed at the U-18s..6'2 OVER 200 lbs already but a baby of this draft with an AUH birthdate..lotsof upside time on the development curve to come..could be a steal..good 2 way player already..works hatd...his upside tome is better thanMcCarrons and I think more talent..still for what he has in that big body size, a role guy like McCarron is a need but i do not yhonk he is the BPA over Baptiste.
Anyway...deep draft lots of ways Stan can go...we cannot get them all..But maube Stan trades a player to get us snother first rounder...depends when that pick is as to what we then take with our own pick if wr have it still...

Old
05-31-2013, 02:50 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
no, you forgot to include the cup loser. that team picks 29.
That'd be us in his scenarios

Old
05-31-2013, 04:22 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
That'd be us in his scenarios
oh, i see now. sorry.

Old
05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

tsn is airing its combine special right now.

Old
05-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Hawkaholic

Wont we move up a pick, or does NJ not have to forfeit it until next year?

Old
05-31-2013, 06:38 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Wont we move up a pick, or does NJ not have to forfeit it until next year?
no later than next year...so they can forfeit it this year if they want...or next year.

they probably will do it next year b/c they have a high-ish pick this year.

Old
05-31-2013, 08:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
from the looks of where we will be picking, and seeing how our team lacks that physical size forward (especially if we lose Bickell) I would like to see the Hawks take Michael McCarron from the USNDP.. At 6'5 225lbs the kid has solid hands and decent wheels as well, he literally is a Bickell clone...He takes a few years to develope and continue to get comfortable with that massive frame, but I would love to see Bowman sng up this giant!
There are some guys I like more than McCarron, but I wouldn't mind that pick. It sounds like he could be headed to London too, so I'll get to see a lot of him.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I still like the idea of getting Compher, trading up with our pick + Bolland or hope for a guy to fall a bit to us like Ristolainen or Wennberg

Old
06-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Sarava

Quote:
no later than next year...so they can forfeit it this year if they want...or next year.

they probably will do it next year b/c they have a high-ish pick this year.
And the draft is in New Jersey this year. It will definitely be next year. They're morons for not forfeiting it last summer when it was 29th.

Old
06-01-2013, 02:10 PM
BobbyJet

I heard an interesting comment recently (on TSN) quoting a scout. Words to the effective that this draft class is the strongest he's seen, possibly ever, and picks 10 thru 40 are all pretty much the same caliber of talent, depending on what a team is looking for. Dam, I wish Hawks had kept that 2nd or 3rd rounder. There's bound to be some pretty good players available in those slots.

Old
06-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I heard an interesting comment recently (on TSN) quoting a scout. Words to the effective that this draft class is the strongest he's seen, possibly ever, and picks 10 thru 40 are all pretty much the same caliber of talent, depending on what a team is looking for. Dam, I wish Hawks had kept that 2nd or 3rd rounder. There's bound to be some pretty good players available in those slots.
Still might trade to get those picks back. Or one of them at least.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:14 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Chicago can recoup a pick in the off-season if they trade anyone.. and if not, that's fine. You can trade picks when you have a system like Chicago's.

Closed Thread