HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Game GDT: 06/10/06 Montreal @ Buffalo 8PM EST RDS,TSN

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2006, 09:49 PM
speed11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
Rivet was no doubt the WORST player on the ice tonight. He gave the puck away time and time again, missed hits was slow getting to players was absolutely tap danced on. Sourray was not far behind...those 2 were clearly steps behind the Sabres forwards all night
can't agree with you more, Rivet looked miserable and slower than usual, souray was being, well, souray like, so that's expected

Old
10-06-2006, 09:49 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Yeesh, our second line was a combined -7.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I don't want to read any whining about the refs. We lost because we can't hold a ******* lead in the final minute as usual. Also we can't win in a shootout either.

Let's go into Toronto and kick some ***.

P.S- Does anyone but the fanboys still think Latendresse is ahead of Perezhogin on the depth chart?
Perez was pretty impressive. I would put him with Kovy and Pleks. Put Sammy with Johnson and Bonk. Lats is doing a good job on the 4th, let him learn there....

Old
10-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Not league-wide, just Dean Warren and Kevin Pollock.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
BJCOLLINS

That was a very exciting game to watch. The Habs played quite good cosidering its game #1 and the competition. If thats the Buffalo everyone play's this year they'll win the east. BTW I think all the calls against the Sabre's in the third killed Mtl.'s flow. Carbo was rolling his line's on the pp just to get the boy's out there.

Man the Sabre's team is fast.WOW

Buckle up for tomorrow. Go Habs Go

Old
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
funny how all these comments would have been different if we would have won the game
To be fair to me i've been complaining about Kevin Pollock for almost a year now. I dread watching any game that is unfortunate enough to have him as the referee. In fact before tonight's game I said to my wife: "The Habs are playing their first game of the season against Buffalo in their home opener, on a Friday night. It's going to be tough. The only way it could be worse is if Kevin Pollock was the referee." Two seconds later I see that Kevin Pollock is the referee and feel like calling it a night.

I hope he doesn't follow the Habs to Toronto unless it's for a meeting with Stephen Walkom.

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I thought Niinimaa was fairly strong, all things considered. He played in his first game, with a new team less than a week after being traded. He certainly didn't make any glaring mistakes, and was very good defensively on a few occasions (situations that could have led to trouble). He was certainly much stronger than Souray or Rivet tonight, both of whom made a terrible error in failing to shut down Briere after his faceoff win.
a couple niinimaa plays looked vey suspect to me.

there was one where he was the last man back while the habs were breaking out of their zone but he didn't provide puck support and the puck turned over leading to a partial breakaway.

The other was during a 2 man adv where he took too much time to wire the puck and instead gave it to bonk in an akward situation, and bonk turned it over.

I wish its all a matter of getting used to the team.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:52 PM
fredez

So, anybody else happy that Saku came back with a bang?

And him and Higgins have such great chemistry together, they could do some damage playing all year long together.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Our forwards are terrible? Are you kidding? Our first line almost won the game by themselves. Our d is terrible and nervous. Just clear the damn puck out of the zone instead of turning and keeping the puck...and Rivet was the worse imo.

Old
True_Canadiens

Souray pissed me off!!!!!!

Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
yeah but it's weird because they played pretty well. But twice Plekanec lost a draw that imediatly led to a goal. I love Pleks but he needs to win more then 27% of his faceoffs. It's a big reason Habs lost.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:55 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation View Post
What the hell? Koivu didn't even get a star in tonight's game..
Buffalo brought back the journalists that picked the stars in Carolina and forced them to make amends.

Old
zx81

Our last game against the Sabres, APR 15 2006
Habs are leading 2-1 after 40 min.

Buffalo 4:37, Chris Drury 27 (shorthanded) (Mike Grier, Jay McKee) Buffalo 6:48, J.P. Dumont 18 (Daniel Briere, Jason Pominville)
Buffalo 19:23, Teppo Numminen 2 (empty net) (Chris Drury)

What happened tonight is nothing new.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

With the way Rivet and Souray played, I think we're going to see some new love for Dandy.....

Old
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Our last game against the Sabres, APR 15 2006
Habs are leading 2-1 after 40 min.

Buffalo 4:37, Chris Drury 27 (shorthanded) (Mike Grier, Jay McKee) Buffalo 6:48, J.P. Dumont 18 (Daniel Briere, Jason Pominville)
Buffalo 19:23, Teppo Numminen 2 (empty net) (Chris Drury)

What happened tonight is nothing new.
Oh my.

Are you going to dig for all the negative things you can relate to tonight's game or what?

Old
10-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post

And him and Higgins have such great chemistry together, they could do some damage playing all year long together.
On a real positive not, Saku, Higgs and Ryder were dynamite. While Ryder might have lost in weight, he gain in speed and this useless 30-goal scorer of all-time could play on my team till the end of time.....

Komi played a great game.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

you know what?

Dandy seems like he picked up right where he left off.

He actually might be our #2 d-man... although I guess most of his struggles last season happened when he was elevated to a bigger role

Real impressed with dandy's overall play. He hits with leverage too. When guys like maxim and briere are breaking in, dandy is the guy I hope they are up against. His mobility was top notch tonightand finished guys into the boards very nicely.

another positive were the special teams today. Very solid.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
yeah but it's weird because they played pretty well. But twice Plekanec lost a draw that imediatly led to a goal. I love Pleks but he needs to win more then 27% of his faceoffs. It's a big reason Habs lost.
Yeah, everyone keeps blaming the d, but Pleks was terrible on faceoffs. Puck possession helps, that Briere goal was a killer, you can all blame Rivet and Souray on that goal, that's fine but Plekanec deserves alot of the blame.

Old
10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post

Beyond. This was me when Koivu scored his first goal of the season: ...

Higgins looked hella good out there as well- protecting the puck, stealing it, battling.... scoring. And of course Ryder. We need more shootout practice though. hah

Old
10-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I absolutely loathe when your team has a 5 on 3, and then loses the ensuing faceoff. I think it happened more than once tonight, and prevented us from really putting them away when we had the chance (and the refs gave us several chances tonight).

Old
10-06-2006, 10:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Yeah, everyone keeps blaming the d, but Pleks was terrible on faceoffs. Puck possession helps, that Briere goal was a killer, you can all blame Rivet and Souray on that goal, that's fine but Plekanec deserves alot of the blame.
Obviously the goal wouldn't have happened if Plekanec had won the draw, but Rivet and Souray basically leaving a wide open path to the net is totally inexcusable. It's also their job to be in position in case we DON'T win the faceoff.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Demogod*

Komo

He fell 2 times that leading to 2 goals by Buffalo. The kid looks lost.

Ninnima(sp) had some really nice give aways tonight.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah. That hurts.

I think Habs played great and they can be satisfied with a point in buffalo.

But something on that second line bother me since they tried it. There is a strange consensus that Plek is the defensive responsible part of that line, but I don't know where that come from. I like the kid a lot, he's good on the PK, but the defensive aspect of his game has always been average at best. Sure he backchecks, sure he try hard, but he often forgot his man or take the wrong one for that matter. So that line scares me since there is no real defensive awarness on it.

People assume Plek is good defensively because he's good on PK, but really, based on what I see since last year, except in the PO where he was amazing, he's still a young player who always has been an offensive force and learning the NHL all around game : average in his territory. Honnestly, I think he's ready to learn everything from the second line since he shows enough. But I don't think it's good that his linemates are Sammy and Kovy.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Bonin

mmm I got a win with MIller in my pool and the habs still get out of buffalo with a point, that's ok for me...

Old
10-06-2006, 10:05 PM
ThaDevilGirl

The game was very exciting to listen to, but AGAIN, the same story is repeating.. anyways, Saku's line looked awesome tonight and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. Go Habs!

Closed Thread