HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Game GDT: 06/10/06 Montreal @ Buffalo 8PM EST RDS,TSN

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2006, 10:05 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonin View Post
mmm I got a win with MIller in my pool and the habs still get out of buffalo with a point, that's ok for me...
I have Miller in one pool and Huet in another...guess I broke even

Old
10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
SergeiKost99

Souray lost us this game period. I remember in the first period i think a buffalo player was skating on the left wing and souray had lots of time to adjust since he was positionally ready but then the buffalo player turns on the speed and drove from the outside to the inside and right on in on Huet. I couldnt believe how bad Souray got burned, and when he did get burned, he was in no rush to try to catch him. And it happened again in the third period when another buffalo player blew by souray which resulted in a penalty cuz he hit Huet BUT Still Souray looked awful and disinterested.

Also Huet played a real good game! You can't really fault him on the goals, the defense was not there. And I hate how McGuire keeps talking about Huet and contradicts himself, it really gets annoying, he is clueless and how he still has a job is beyond me.

First line played amazing lets hope they can do this all year. Second line didn't play too bad just couldnt capitalize, they will be alright. Perez also looked really good in the first period and i also loved when peters hit him, he went and hit peters.

I would keep the D as they are, as it is just the first game and players need to adjust. And I hope Carbs talks with Souray to tell him tonight was unacceptable.

There are a lot of positives from this game and even though it is always good to win, it is good we lost this one because this will teach them to play for a full 60 mins now than mid way thru the season. I don't want this year to be like last year where we just barley squeak out wins and do comebacks. We have to learn to bury teams when we have the lead. Anyways one point is good and we are in toronto tomorrow, which should be better since its the second game. good game guys!

Old
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
You can't say our d was ok tonight....even Markov who saved us 5,6 times...had a pretty bad game.

Old
HappyFan

I miss Bouillon.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Bonin

I think the sooner we will trade Aebischer/Souray for a good Def or a good center the better it will be, Huet is the man, we can continue with Danis and Souray has a good value in the league. We could add another player in the trade too...

Old
10-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Habs13

That was a great game... end to end action and all out speed!

Sure, the Briere incident was ugly but Buffalo could argue that they should have had a goal in the first after a premature whistle... you win some and loose some. The refs just... suck!

Anyway... **** it! Heads up! It's Buffalo! They're a great team and we took them to the wire tonight.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonin View Post
I think the sooner we will trade Aebischer

huet made a aweful face after one of his big saves in the 3rd period

that has me worried (groin)

Old
10-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
People assume Plek is good defensively because he's good on PK, but really, based on what I see since last year, except in the PO where he was amazing, he's still a young player who always has been an offensive force and learning the NHL all around game : average in his territory.
I've followed his career in the AHL. He IS good defensively.

Tonight, however, he thought he was a superstar and forgot to backcheck and play smart hockey with the lead. It was VERY uncharacteristic of him.

That said, he made some beautiful plays and looked very dangerous offensively. All in all, it's a wash. But it's promising to see how dangerous the 2nd line was all night. I'd love to see what kind of spind Shabutie can put on this.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:17 PM
madbox

I brush off Afinogenov's no-goal with Bonk's no-goal last season against Ottawa. See, now I'm over it.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:19 PM
One Trick Pony

we didn't lose because of the refs... you guys already forgot the goal that they didn't give to buffalo because the ref whistled to early?

Old
10-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Fantastic game by the Habs! Forwards were flying, Niinimaa wasn't too bad, and I got to add some miserable 'fans' to my ignore list.

Sure, there were major defensive breakdowns, but that was the norm the past few years. For Montreal this is a step in the right direction.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:23 PM
GSK*

Is it only me or I miss Mark Streit ? lol... Damn Souray&Rivet was bad...Rivet was not great in both pre-season and first game.

Goods things: First line have great game, I like their intensity... Plekanec seems to be better in second half of the game, Samsonov was average-good for is first game, great speed, Buffalo have take penality on one of his great play. Him (Sammy) and Kovalev control well the puck, thats gonna be hot tomorrow at Toronto...

God I love hockey...Oh BTW, Latendresse was "good" on the boards, but I think he needs some time to adjust itself... The game was "really fast".

Oh great work by Perezhogin, he was hard-worker.

Please no-more Rivet&Bonk on PP...

IMO I RATHER LOVE STREIT&BOUILLON ANYTIME THEN SOURAY&RIVET

Old
10-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
you guys already forgot the goal that they didn't give to buffalo because the ref whistled to early?
No,... refs were bads for both team.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Fantastic game by the Habs! Forwards were flying, Niinimaa wasn't too bad, and I got to add some miserable 'fans' to my ignore list.

Sure, there were major defensive breakdowns, but that was the norm the past few years. For Montreal this is a step in the right direction.
How is this a step in the right direction if we're still doing major defensive breakdowns that was the norm IN THE PAST???

We keep talking thrash about McCabe, well Sheldon was our McCabe last year and there's no signs he's going to be any different. Still have tons of confidence in Rivet and all the other d-men. Sure Markov didn't have his greatest game, but did a couple of great plays throughout the night, I didn't see that from Rivet and Souray. Dandenault played a good game, Niniimaa not bad minus his 2 Brisebois-style braincramps, Komi was just great.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:26 PM
oli500

Well A win tomorow and this game well be forgoten. Theres something about that bufallo water that makes these sabres-canadiens games crazy. I dont know what it is but man im starting to hate that team with a passion. Are defense better get its act togheter. Huet played a great game but still let in 5 goals. 3 off them were due to turn overs and miss plays. One thing im sure off, if we bring this speed to the leafs tomorow, the leasf are going to have a hard time.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:27 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Well A win tomorow and this game well be forgoten. Theres something about that bufallo water that makes these sabres-canadiens games crazy. I dont know what it is but man im starting to hate that team with a passion. Are defense better get its act togheter. Huet played a great game but still let in 5 goals. 3 off them were due to turn overs and miss plays.
Actually, 6 goals: 2 in overtime

Sabres fans will probably say 7 though.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:28 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Well A win tomorow and this game well be forgoten.
That won't be easy to come by. We're a team that was run ragged playing against the fastest team in the NHL in overtime and a shootout and we have to travel tonight to face a well-rested team playing in their building. I hate to be a pessimist but the odds are not on our side. Then again they weren't on our side tonight either but we almost won

Old
10-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How is this a step in the right direction if we're still doing major defensive breakdowns that was the norm IN THE PAST???
Because there were less of them against a damn good team in Buffalo?

One of the reasons some of the mistakes were so glaring was that there was some solid D tonight.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
LePoche69

Quote:

Tonight, however, he thought he was a superstar and forgot to backcheck and play smart hockey with the lead. It was VERY uncharacteristic of him.

That said, he made some beautiful plays and looked very dangerous offensively. All in all, it's a wash. But it's promising to see how dangerous the 2nd line was all night. I'd love to see what kind of spind Shabutie can put on this.
Maybe you're right and as a Habs fan, I really hope you're right. But honnestly, very very honnestly, since the beginning of last year, his first in the NHL, I never saw Pleks being good in his own zone, except on the PK, of course. I volontarily pay attention to him each game on that aspect since many people disagree (and I wonder "am I nuts?"), and I still never saw him play well in his own zone. Sometimes he played OK, or even "good" for that matter, but not many time.

But still, he was amazing in the PO, he's young, seems to want to learn, and at least shows some dedication to the defensive aspect of the game. So I do think he'll be better.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
One thing I was also disapointed of, was the intensity of Murray and Bégin... They can bring more.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:40 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
One thing I was also disapointed of, was the intensity of Murray and Bégin... They can bring more.
They didn't play much after the 1st period but in the 1st they brought a lot of energy, threw some hits and forechecked hard.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:44 PM
madbox

Begin got the wind knocked out of him in the 1st period on that collision... Begin did what Begin does, skate hard and hit. Though he looked kinda slow a couple times..

Old
10-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

He made two fine backchecking moves tonight.

Old
10-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
To be fair to me i've been complaining about Kevin Pollock for almost a year now. I dread watching any game that is unfortunate enough to have him as the referee. In fact before tonight's game I said to my wife: "The Habs are playing their first game of the season against Buffalo in their home opener, on a Friday night. It's going to be tough. The only way it could be worse is if Kevin Pollock was the referee." Two seconds later I see that Kevin Pollock is the referee and feel like calling it a night.

I hope he doesn't follow the Habs to Toronto unless it's for a meeting with Stephen Walkom.
Pollock favored the Habs on some calls.

Old
10-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He made two fine backchecking moves tonight.
I didn't see any on the TSN feed.

Closed Thread