HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Current Russian Dream Team (New Elections)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
  #26
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
fully agree with you!!!

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:01 PM
  #27
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Can we also see the average ratings for players in the poll?

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
  #28
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
sure, here they are...




once again: thanks to all (76) participants

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:28 PM
  #29
RusskiyHockey
Registered User
 
RusskiyHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Interesting. Going by this voting, there is a well-acknowledged elite that are pretty much locks (top-6 forwards, a couple of d-men, and top-2 goalies), with large uncertainty over the rest. I hope the likes of Mozyakin, Perezhogin, Popov won't fill the bottom-6 forwards. This is not the WC where you have 7 group games to test out various players. As shown by the last few Olympic champions, unless you have Hasek single-handedly carrying you to gold, you need game-breaking talent on all units. I think young, rising players like Voynov, Yakupov, Tarasenko, Tikhonov, Bobrovsky, etc. will be the key to success.

RusskiyHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:37 PM
  #30
Raptor1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Devínska Nová Ves
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiyHockey View Post
I think young, rising players like Voynov, Yakupov, Tarasenko, Tikhonov, Bobrovsky, etc. will be the key to success.
This. Plus Kuznetsov, Kulikov.
Otherwise the next 7:3 fail will be in Sochi. Period.

Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:46 PM
  #31
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,375
vCash: 500
IMO, success or failure at Sochi will have nothing to do with guys like Tarasenko, Yakupov, Kuznetsov and Kulikov. These are all talented guys who are unproven at the senior level of hockey. What is critical is high level performance in goal and on the defensive side of the defense corps. In the debacle against Canada in 2010, it was the meltdown by Nabokov that resulted in 6 pucks in the net by early in the second period, just as in the QF of the WC this year, it was 5 pucks in the net early in the second period that caused Russian spirits to fizzle out and an embarrassing 8-3 loss to result. Defense and goaltending are critical for Sochi, and at this point, it doesn't look all that promising.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
  #32
Raptor1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Devínska Nová Ves
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
These are all talented guys who are unproven at the senior level of hockey. What is critical is high level performance in goal and on the defensive side of the defense corps. In the debacle against Canada in 2010, it was the meltdown by Nabokov that resulted in 6 pucks in the net by early in the second period, just as in the QF of the WC this year, it was 5 pucks in the net early in the second period that caused Russian spirits to fizzle out and an embarrassing 8-3 loss to result. Defense and goaltending are critical for Sochi, and at this point, it doesn't look all that promising.
How come that "proven at the senior level of hockey players" like Morozov, Zinoviev and Zaripov did childish errors in red and own blue line which caused 3 goals ?

Your proven old school players can not compete with speed to younger players.

For addition how worthy were Radulov the psychopath, Fedorov, Kozlov ?

Again

Malkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Datsyuk and Ovechkin were eliminated by 2 sometimes 3 players and they can not even breathe there nor play.

And at all scoring only 3 goals with team like that is very miserable.

And one more thing about that "proven at the senior level of hockey" thing watch 0:53:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GkG5mc0jE
Semin-Ovechkin-Malkin= 6:1 Fail...


Last edited by Raptor1990: 06-01-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
  #33
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1990 View Post
How come that "proven at the senior level of hockey players" like Morozov, Zinoviev and Zaripov did childish errors in red and own blue line which caused 3 goals ?

Your proven old school players can not compete with speed to younger players.

For addition how worthy were Radulov the psychopath, Fedorov, Kozlov ?

Again

Malkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Datsyuk and Ovechkin were eliminated by 2 sometimes 3 players and they can not even breathe there nor play.

And at all scoring only 3 goals with team like that is very miserable.

And one more thing about that "proven at the senior level of hockey" thing watch 0:53:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GkG5mc0jE
Semin-Ovechkin-Malkin= 6:1 Fail...
Radulov the psychopath? Really? No one is talking about bringing Fedorov, Kozlov or Morozov back. My point was that defense should be the first priority, to prevent some of the bad goals you made reference to. I don't want to be insulting, so I'll leave it at that.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:23 PM
  #34
Raptor1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Devínska Nová Ves
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Radulov the psychopath? Really?I don't want to be insulting, so I'll leave it at that.
Well you can start... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQ56Dp0iB0

Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:13 AM
  #35
Agalloch1986
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockey View Post
sure, here they are...




once again: thanks to all (76) participants
I like this, but I'd put Mozyakin in there ahead of Yakupov. Although, I admit, I am not a fan of Yakupov at all.

Agalloch1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:17 AM
  #36
Raptor1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Devínska Nová Ves
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch1986 View Post
I like this, but I'd put Mozyakin in there ahead of Yakupov. Although, I admit, I am not a fan of Yakupov at all.
Sure he will be even more time on ice like IIHF 2013...
About Varlamov and his 3 goals...

The most fail players ever in Russian NT are Tyutin, Varlamov, Zinoviev especially on Olympics, sometimes Semin, Radulov ( useless on Olympic level )...

The only players who play good on NT as in their clubs are Malkin, Datsuyk, Bryzgalov, Kovalchuk, Kuznetsov, Soin, Perezhogin, Popov and Medvedev...

Others are below average.


Last edited by Raptor1990: 06-02-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:22 AM
  #37
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
IMO, success or failure at Sochi will have nothing to do with guys like Tarasenko, Yakupov, Kuznetsov and Kulikov. These are all talented guys who are unproven at the senior level of hockey. What is critical is high level performance in goal and on the defensive side of the defense corps. In the debacle against Canada in 2010, it was the meltdown by Nabokov that resulted in 6 pucks in the net by early in the second period, just as in the QF of the WC this year, it was 5 pucks in the net early in the second period that caused Russian spirits to fizzle out and an embarrassing 8-3 loss to result. Defense and goaltending are critical for Sochi, and at this point, it doesn't look all that promising.
After what I saw at the WC, I would say that you shouldn't write off Kulikov that early, as I believe not much of our defenders are better than him.

And about 2010, Nabokov was pretty good before the 4-th goal actually, but after it Bykov should've changed him for Bryz. I believe that this was the second most important mistake by Bykov after not breaking 'Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin VS Nash-Toews-Richards' matchup.

For the Sochi, I have faith for Varlamov in goal with Bobrovsky as his backup. Actually, I don't quite understand why Varly has been so heavily criticized after USA game, because if we look at the 4 goals he let in, I can blame him only for the last one (and even in this case we should remember that at this moment the defence completely stopped), but he was able to 'compensate' it by making the save when USA should've scored the 9-th.


Last edited by Caser: 06-02-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 10:20 AM
  #38
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
After what I saw at the WC, I would say that you shouldn't write off Kulikov that early, as I believe not much of our defenders are better than him.

And about 2010, Nabokov was pretty good before the 4-th goal actually, but after it Bykov should've changed him for Bryz. I believe that this was the second most important mistake by Bykov after not breaking 'Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin VS Nash-Toews-Richards' matchup.

For the Sochi, I have faith for Varlamov in goal with Bobrovsky as his backup. Actually, I don't quite understand why Varly has been so heavily criticized after USA game, because if we look at the 4 goals he let in, I can blame him only for the last one (and even in this case we should remember that at this moment the defence completely stopped), but he was able to 'compensate' it by making the save when USA should've scored the 9-th.
I would reconsider my comment about Kulikov. He has played 3 or 4 years as a regular defenseman in the NHL, and has played well. I expect that he will be on the Sochi team, because there aren't a lot of other options.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 05:28 AM
  #39
Raptor1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Devínska Nová Ves
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
How about

Kovalchuk-Malkin-Yakupov
Ovechkin-Datysuk-Semin
Kulemin-Tikhonov-Tarasenko
Kuznetsov-Anisimov-Mozyakin

Seems a lot better.


Last edited by Raptor1990: 06-03-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Raptor1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 04:50 AM
  #40
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
New election has started...
Team Sochi 2014 (30.10. - 10.11.2013)

last time we had proudly 76 participants.
URL to the last results http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=66732305&postcount=28

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:22 PM
  #41
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockey View Post
New election has started...
Team Sochi 2014 (30.10. - 10.11.2013)

last time we had proudly 76 participants.
URL to the last results http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=66732305&postcount=28
Thanks for keeping it alive, I'll participate this time too

Few questions about the list: Where's Kulemin??? Also Nabokov could be included. And why is Kuznetsov listed as LW, I thought he was C/RW ?

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 05:10 AM
  #42
Den
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockholm
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Yes, Kulemin should be there.

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 07:04 AM
  #43
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
thanks for the improvement proposals, i now added nabokov & Kulyomin.

when the election is done, i will transfer kuznetsov to RW (i promise)

BTW: at the moment we have 14 participants

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:54 AM
  #44
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Looks like currently the poll doesn't work

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:15 AM
  #45
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
......

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:17 AM
  #46
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
oh yes sorry, it was my fault. for editting the poll, it needed to be interrupted, i forgot to start it again. sorry!!!!!!!
it was my miskate, now it has to be running?

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 03:05 PM
  #47
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
It is running and I have voted, but wanted to notice that Kokarev is two times in that poll (both in LW and in RW sections), which might be not very correct

P.S. it might be a good idea to post the link to the poll in this thread, as it usually gets more attention: Olympics: 2014 - Russia Roster Discussion

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
  #48
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
thanks 4 the advice, just posted there!!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post73642159

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:32 PM
  #49
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
rediculously stupid results
Just a good indication why coaches are coaches and fans are just... well fans.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:42 AM
  #50
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
when you dont like it, so dont participate. where is the problem?
let us fans vote our team! what is wrong about it?

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.