HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ongoing Prospect Signing Thread (CGY: Josh Jooris; NYR: Troy Donnay)

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Happy for Bozon, talked to him a bit during the season and he's a good kid.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Limekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Only thing is he has a standing contract with his current team and the NHL doesn't have a transfer agreement with the Extraliga.
Actually they do now. NHL teams have to pay a $200k fee to sign players from the IIHF, or I guess from other euro leagues too.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669998

Old
05-31-2013, 01:35 AM
BillP

Bozon started the year at a good pace but tailed off a little. Great finisher but needs to do some dirty work, Lipon and smith deserve credit for his success. As for ranford - awesome 2 way player, rounded out his game after being a sniper early on. Hope he sticks with the pros but we'll see. He can thank gaglardi for the opportunity

Old
05-31-2013, 01:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Lamarche is a very solid D. He's a decent skater and pretty physical. Knows what to do in the defensive end and can get the puck out very quick. He's mainly a defensive-minded D but he can also skate and make solid passes. He will not wow you with offensive skills but he gets the job done. He is also pretty physical and will clear the front of the net. Not sure about NHL potential, let's see how he does in the AHL (or even ECHL?). He's got a long way to go hehe but he's a good two-way defender who won't hurt you.
thanks. much appreciated.

Old
05-31-2013, 06:47 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBdude View Post
I seriously doubt it. He's not even an elite player in Switzerland yet. There are a couple of Swiss guys that are way closer to getting a shot in the NHL than Hofmann.
It's not about him being the best player in switzerland... it's about the Hurricanes losing him as a prospect if they won't sign him. And after his strong last season, I can't see them not signing him.

He's probably the best swiss skater I've ever seen. He got a big heart, fine hands and a very good release.... Of course, he still needs 2 years of physical progression before being ready for the NHL (his physics can't match the intensity of his game yet... he would risk to either get destroyed or to lose his hustling if he crossed the pond too early)

Nevertheless, as I've written before the season, he's just the perfect player for A. del Curto, and I can't see a better place for him in europe to develop.

the other big questionmark with him is: while he matures, will he be able to improve his decision-making and so to adapt his mental game to the speed he plays the game...

If yes, he'll end up in the NHL.

If no, he'll still end up like Ambuehl.

Old
05-31-2013, 11:33 AM
caley

Per Capgeek, the NY Rangers have signed Samuel Noreau. Noreau, 20, was a 5th round pick, 136th overall, of the Rangers in 2011. Last season in the QMJHL he had 7 goals and 32 points in 66 games with Baie-Comeau.

05-31-2013, 11:45 AM
caley

per Steve Zipay
Quote:
Closing the loop from earlier tweet, #NYR have signed D Sam Noreau, another 2011 5th-rder, and McColgan and Ceresnak will re-enter draft
per Arthur Staple
Quote:
#Isles did not offer contracts to Brenden Kichton or Mitchell Theoret. Both may now be selected in the NHL Draft on June 30.

Old
05-31-2013, 11:51 AM
caley

Flyers confirm the signings of Michael Raffl and Maxim Lamarche. Apparently they expect big things of Raffl: “He’s a good player, who we think can be NHL ready,” Pryor said. “There’s going to be a learning curve, but he’s got enough in his game to be able to make that adjustment rather quickly.”

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=18144

Also have to give them credit for their pun: "Flyers win Raffl"

Old
05-31-2013, 02:13 PM
caley

Per Chris Kuc
Quote:
#Blackhawks agreed to terms with forward Alex Broadhurst on a three-year entry-level contract. He's from New Lenox, Ill.

Old
05-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
In a surprising move, the Kings confirmed that they are letting go of Cristopher Gibson and Michael Schumacher to remain compliant with the 50 contract limit while having a little room to maneuver in the offseason:

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/05/kings...cts-this-week/

Schumacher is a little bit of a surprise as he himself surprised the Kings in camp, but it is understandable.

The big surprise is Gibson, given that he is two years removed from being selected in the 2nd round, and the Kings had been quite high on him. Not to mention that without him, and the impending trade of Bernier, that would leave the organization with three goaltenders, one that is just starting to become ready for the NHL (Jones), and another with only potential to become a backup (Berube). It's safe to say that LA will be looking for a backup goaltender this offseason and will also likely pick up at least one in the draft as well.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
05-31-2013, 09:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I was a big Chris Gibson fan before the 2011 draft. There's still a lot to like about his game. I can't see Chicago taking him, as they're already a bit crowded in the crease for the up-coming season, but I think there's still something there for whatever team takes him - IF another team takes him (which, I expect will happen).

Old
06-01-2013, 09:58 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I was a big Chris Gibson fan before the 2011 draft. There's still a lot to like about his game. I can't see Chicago taking him, as they're already a bit crowded in the crease for the up-coming season, but I think there's still something there for whatever team takes him - IF another team takes him (which, I expect will happen).
I can see a lot of teams being interested in him

Old
06-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Trunkmaster
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
I can see a lot of teams being interested in him
Rangers would need some depth in their goaltending. Since Lundqvist might be a free agent next summer if they don't pick up their offensive game.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The Hawks do lose three of their minor league goalies to free agency this year, but I think they'll be more interested in signing Joakim Eriksson or Antti Raanta (I suspect the Hawks are the "secret team" Raanta has signed with since he can't talk about it yet. I feel like that implies its one of the four remaining teams)

Last edited by Teemu: 06-01-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old
06-01-2013, 11:26 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Has today's signing deadline already passed or are we still waiting to hear if some of the 2011 picks from page 17 will sign at the last minute? I'm specifically wondering about two Belleville Bulls, Austen Brassard (WPG 5th '11) and Alan Quine (DET 3rd '11). Brassard is apparently about to have his OA rights traded to his hometown Windsor Spitfires, and I expect Quine to play in the AHL next year, with Detroit or elsewhere.

Old
06-01-2013, 02:32 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Has today's signing deadline already passed or are we still waiting to hear if some of the 2011 picks from page 17 will sign at the last minute? I'm specifically wondering about two Belleville Bulls, Austen Brassard (WPG 5th '11) and Alan Quine (DET 3rd '11). Brassard is apparently about to have his OA rights traded to his hometown Windsor Spitfires, and I expect Quine to play in the AHL next year, with Detroit or elsewhere.
I really want to know about Brassard and Yuen.

But especially Yuen, he seems like he has some significant upside

Old
06-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
It's today 5 PM

According to his agent :
@BrownScottTN 3 min
#NHLJets agree to terms with Austen Brassard

By the way, Hudon (Detroit) shouldn't be on the list. Wings have until 2015 to sign him.

Old
06-01-2013, 02:47 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

If Brassard got signed, I fully expect Yuen to be signed. A lot of people are 100% sure Yuen will be, but quite unsure about Brassard.

Old
06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
caley

Quote:
As far as I can ascertain, the deadline is 5 est today, so players can still be signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
It's today 5 PM

According to his agent :
@BrownScottTN 3 min
#NHLJets agree to terms with Austen Brassard
Was just coming to post this!

Quote:
By the way, Hudon (Detroit) shouldn't be on the list. Wings have until 2015 to sign him.
Is that accurate? I've seen some guys from RDS say that he has to be signed by today. Alex Broadhurst was also drafted out of the USHL and by the way Chicago signed him this week, I'm guessing they were worried about a deadline as well.

Did a quick look-around
-Dillon Donnelly, D (Quebec, QMJHL) [7th, 183rd]: He still lists himself as a 'Colorado Avalanche Prospect' so he's either slow to update or has maybe signed quietly.
-Alan Quine, C (Belleville, OHL) [3rd, 85th]: I notice he's removed the part about 'Detroit Red Wings draft pick' from his profile, so I'd guess he's headed back into the draft.
-Daniel Pribyl, C (Sparta Praha, Czech) [6th, 168th]: Per a few sources, the Canadiens aren't signing him, but none of the sources seem all that reputable so we'll just have to wait and see.
-Brent Andrews, LW (Halifax, QMJHL) [7th, 202nd]: I believe he's also removed 'Nashville Predators' from his profile.
-Jordan Fransoo, D (Victoria, WHL) [7th, 186th]: Some twitter sources are saying he hasn't been signed, but no confirmation.
-Colin Suellentrop, D (Oshawa, OHL) [4th, 116th]: Again, a few sources are speculating that he won't be signed, but I've never seen it confirmed.
-Justin Sefton, D (Sudbury, OHL) [3rd, 89th]: No mention of San Jose on his Twitter profile. I have a hockey news draft preview that had him as a possible top pick for 2011, so that's quite a comedown.
-David Honzik, G (Victoriaville, QMJHL) [3rd, 71st]: Still has a picture of himself in a Canucks jersey for his profile, but it makes no mention of him being a Canucks prospect.
-Zach Yuen, D (Tri-City, WHL) [4th, 119th]: Name has been conspicuously absent from reports out of Winnipeg about Brassard signing.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Is that accurate? I've seen some guys from RDS say that he has to be signed by today. Alex Broadhurst was also drafted out of the USHL and by the way Chicago signed him this week, I'm guessing they were worried about a deadline as well.
Interesting situation. If Hudon had ever played for Cornell he would for sure be protected until 2015 (like how Winnipeg has until 2014 to sign RW Yasin Cisse).

However according to eliteprospects he never played a game, so it is possible that he must be signed by today. Not sure what the ruling would be there. I would imagine based on the wording in CBA he would be required to be signed by today.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Is that accurate? I've seen some guys from RDS say that he has to be signed by today.
I don't know about RDS reports, but according to the CBA, today isn't the deadline to sign Hudon.

If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at
the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide
college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in
the Entry Draft, and does not remain a bona fide college student
through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall
retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the
fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Interesting situation. If Hudon had ever played for Cornell he would for sure be protected until 2015 (like how Winnipeg has until 2014 to sign RW Yasin Cisse).

However according to eliteprospects he never played a game, so it is possible that he must be signed by today. Not sure what the ruling would be there. I would imagine based on the wording in CBA he would be required to be signed by today.
It's not a case of games played. He studied at Cornell for a semester before leaving to play for Victoriaville.
http://www.uscho.com/2011/11/17/corn...ure-uncertain/

Quote:
Alex Broadhurst was also drafted out of the USHL and by the way Chicago signed him this week, I'm guessing they were worried about a deadline as well.
According to eliteprospects, Boardhurst commited to University of Nebraska-Omaha back in 2010 but I'm not sure if he ended being a "bona fide college student".

Old
06-01-2013, 03:55 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Plan the parade for portage and main

Old
06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Deadline has passed, how late can we expect annoucements?

Old
06-01-2013, 04:22 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Deadline has passed, how late can we expect annoucements?
It could be days, honestly. A lot of teams won't announce prospect signings for a while, some wait until they can announce 2-3 at once, some teams never bother. Keep your eyes on the usual sources (Capgeek, Elite Prospects, Twitter) it should all come out eventually.

Old
06-01-2013, 04:23 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Usually the Jets announce everything.

Closed Thread