HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Off-Season Speculation/Be a GM Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2013, 04:01 PM
  #901
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,643
vCash: 500
Stafford?? doesn't most of his goals come vs us? foligno??? 5 goal foligno? oof

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:04 PM
  #902
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Seriously? You'd deal DZ for a guy that had five goals last year? DZ outproduced Foligno.
i never said straight up... of course more would have to be included to NYR... like a first round pick



Del Zotto and Boyle to Buffalo for Foligno, Joel Armia, Zemgus Girgensons and 1st 8th overall 2013

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:07 PM
  #903
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i never said straight up... of course more would have to be included to NYR... like a first round pick



Del Zotto and Boyle to Buffalo for Foligno, Joel Armia, Zemgus Girgensons and 1st 8th overall 2013
Uh, sure.

Buffalo would have to be insane to make that trade.

__________________
Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  #904
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i never said straight up... of course more would have to be included to NYR... like a first round pick



Del Zotto and Boyle to Buffalo for Foligno, Joel Armia, Zemgus Girgensons and 1st 8th overall 2013
So Buffalo trades a young PF, 2 out of their 3 top prospects, and an 8th overall pick, for a 4C and an inconsistent 4/5 defenseman?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  #905
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Stafford?? doesn't most of his goals come vs us? foligno??? 5 goal foligno? oof
Stafford's production last 5 years

G/A
20/25
14/20
31/21
30/20
6/12

Averages to
20/19

I'll take it for a 3rd pick and mid prospect.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:33 PM
  #906
Trunkmaster
Rookie User
 
Trunkmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.660m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m)
Mats Zuccarello ($0.735m) / Derek Stepan ($0.827m) / Chris Kreider ($1.325m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Kris Newbury ($0.600m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m) / Jesper Fasth ($0.900m)
Marek Hrivik ($0.685m) / J.T. Miller ($1.244m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Sauer ($1.250m) / Ryan McDonagh ($0.827m)
Samuel Noreau ($0.645m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,931,250; BONUSES: $4,232,500
CAP SPACE (26-man roster): $10,601,250

Trade MDZ+Boyle+Dorsett for RNH + 2nd.

Trunkmaster is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:37 PM
  #907
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmaster View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.660m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m)
Mats Zuccarello ($0.735m) / Derek Stepan ($0.827m) / Chris Kreider ($1.325m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Kris Newbury ($0.600m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m) / Jesper Fasth ($0.900m)
Marek Hrivik ($0.685m) / J.T. Miller ($1.244m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Sauer ($1.250m) / Ryan McDonagh ($0.827m)
Samuel Noreau ($0.645m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,931,250; BONUSES: $4,232,500
CAP SPACE (26-man roster): $10,601,250

Trade MDZ+Boyle+Dorsett for RNH + 2nd.
that wont happen.. another small forward.. really...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:39 PM
  #908
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmaster View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.660m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m)
Mats Zuccarello ($0.735m) / Derek Stepan ($0.827m) / Chris Kreider ($1.325m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Kris Newbury ($0.600m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m) / Jesper Fasth ($0.900m)
Marek Hrivik ($0.685m) / J.T. Miller ($1.244m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Sauer ($1.250m) / Ryan McDonagh ($0.827m)
Samuel Noreau ($0.645m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,931,250; BONUSES: $4,232,500
CAP SPACE (26-man roster): $10,601,250

Trade MDZ+Boyle+Dorsett for RNH + 2nd.
The bolded are all due raises, and 10.6 million is not going to cover it. And no way Noreau makes the team this coming year.

LetterJ is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM
  #909
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Stafford's production last 5 years

G/A
20/25
14/20
31/21
30/20
6/12

Averages to
20/19

I'll take it for a 3rd pick and mid prospect.
That's not adjusted for games payed though, there is quite a difference between scoring 6+12 in 46 GP, and scoring it in 82 GP.

If you prorate his stats on a per game basis, Stafford has been a 22+27 player on average over his career. Take out his best and worst years (10-11 and 12-13), and he is a 20+27 player.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
  #910
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
That's not adjusted for games payed though, there is quite a difference between scoring 6+12 in 46 GP, and scoring it in 82 GP.

If you prorate his stats on a per game basis, Stafford has been a 22+27 player on average over his career. Take out his best and worst years (10-11 and 12-13), and he is a 20+27 player.
True, I just made a quick calculation. thanks for the clarification.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:54 PM
  #911
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
that wont happen.. another small forward.. really...
Yeah who needs highly cerebral #1Cs that control flow of play while on the ice. Moar toughness.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 04:55 PM
  #912
Stasis
Mad Decent
 
Stasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FrmNYC-InMTL
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i never said straight up... of course more would have to be included to NYR... like a first round pick



Del Zotto and Boyle to Buffalo for Foligno, Joel Armia, Zemgus Girgensons and 1st 8th overall 2013
Wow.

Stasis is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:00 PM
  #913
Stasis
Mad Decent
 
Stasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FrmNYC-InMTL
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Stafford's production last 5 years

G/A
20/25
14/20
31/21
30/20 --> it's 20/30
6/12

Averages to
20/19

I'll take it for a 3rd pick and mid prospect.
As someone who regularly watches the Sabres I have to say I'm not a fan of picking up Stafford. He's a 20-25 guy who scores in bunches. His 30G season is kinda like Boyle's 20G...

He'll be off the sheet for 5-6 games and then suddenly pop in 2 in a game, 2 more a game or two later and disappear for another stretch.

Stasis is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  #914
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Is next season the time to let go of Ryan Callahan?

Highly injury prone player, declining possession rates and even declining PP numbers this past season.

Likely looking for a long term contract worth at a rate higher then the one he previously signed. 5-6m.

Personally, I would let him walk at all costs. Don't want to end up with a Horcoff-lite contract on the books.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:09 PM
  #915
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
that wont happen.. another small forward.. really...
I agree it wont happen, but if the Rangers could actually make that deal to get RNH, they'd be stupid not to.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:10 PM
  #916
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
that wont happen.. another small forward.. really...
Are you for real?

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:10 PM
  #917
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is next season the time to let go of Ryan Callahan?

Highly injury prone player, declining possession rates and even declining PP numbers this past season.

Likely looking for a long term contract worth at a rate higher then the one he previously signed. 5-6m.

Personally, I would let him walk at all costs. Don't want to end up with a Horcoff-lite contract on the books.
if he's looking for 6, yes there is only so far heart and determination can take you...

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:11 PM
  #918
Trunkmaster
Rookie User
 
Trunkmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
I'd take RNH over MDZ anytime. Yeah he's small but he's probably one of the smartest player in this league so because of that IMO he's what Rangers need.

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m)
Carl Hagelin ($1.660m) / Derek Stepan ($1.827m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($2.401m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,741,083; BONUSES: $4,575,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $12,133,917

Trunkmaster is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:11 PM
  #919
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Yeah who needs highly cerebral #1Cs that control flow of play while on the ice. Moar toughness.
Moar Jam!.. oh wait, Torts is gone.. nevermind.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:12 PM
  #920
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmaster View Post
I'd take RNH over MDZ anytime. Yeah he's small but he's probably one of the smartest player in this league so because of that IMO he's what Rangers need.

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m)
Carl Hagelin ($1.660m) / Derek Stepan ($1.827m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($2.401m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,741,083; BONUSES: $4,575,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $12,133,917
What incentive does Edmonton have in trading their #1C for MDZ? Think about it for a second.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:15 PM
  #921
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmaster View Post
Trade MDZ+Boyle+Dorsett for RNH + 2nd.
So the 2nd rounder balances this deal out?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:17 PM
  #922
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,504
vCash: 500
DZ for Eberle would make sense, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with Eberle's contract. $6M per.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:17 PM
  #923
Trunkmaster
Rookie User
 
Trunkmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
What incentive does Edmonton have in trading their #1C for MDZ? Think about it for a second.
They need a 1st D-man. lol

Trunkmaster is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:22 PM
  #924
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmaster View Post
They need a 1st D-man. lol
Sure, if RNH was on the market, they'd probably be after Shea Weber, not Michael Del Zotto.

Nevermind the fact that the Oilers C depth without RNH becomes an embarassment.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 05:22 PM
  #925
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
As someone who regularly watches the Sabres I have to say I'm not a fan of picking up Stafford. He's a 20-25 guy who scores in bunches. His 30G season is kinda like Boyle's 20G...

He'll be off the sheet for 5-6 games and then suddenly pop in 2 in a game, 2 more a game or two later and disappear for another stretch.
We agree he is inconsistent, but that's the reason for his price tag.
The way i see it, 20/20 is the floor. If he can be a little more consistent, he can be closer to 50-55 point scorer. The hope is the change of scenery would get him there.
If not, it'd still be a good investment to turn a 3rd pick + mid prospect into a 6'2, 215 lb, 27 year old, 40 point scoring winger.

Kwayry is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.