HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3rd pick to Flyers

Old
06-01-2013, 02:20 AM
AnGiroux

vCash: 500
3rd pick to Flyers

This is just for discussion, Drouin at the WJC turned me into an instant fan, I was wondering what it would take for the Flyers to get the 3rd pick, I know its not likely at all. I'd think TB would need wingers, but I'm not that great at offers and knowing values.

Last edited by Nuckles: 06-01-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: fixed title prefix
AnGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Philly for the 1st pick would make more sense but even then both the flyers and Avs have the same pressing need in D.

I wonder if Couts and the 11th would be enough for 3 and Stevie Y?

I would do it if I were Stevie Y (assuming Seth and Nathan go 1,2)

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 09:38 AM
TBLHoser

We both need D and Philly doesn't have that. Our offense is pretty much set for the future. If for whatever reason Seth drops to us we'll take him, but there isn't a good D for the 3rd pick so we'll take BPA (Drouin or Nichushkin). Besides, we have a logjam at Center.

Last edited by TBLHoser: 06-01-2013 at 09:44 AM.
TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
We'd need young D coming back, and that's something Philly just doesn't have. No base for a deal.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 10:58 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
We'd need young D coming back, and that's something Philly just doesn't have. No base for a deal.
Any interest in Morgan Rielly + 21st overall? Rielly is one year removed from being drafted 5th overall so its essentially 5th + 21st overall for 3rd overall with that 5th overall pick having one extra year of development under his belt.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Any interest in Morgan Rielly + 21st overall? Rielly is one year removed from being drafted 5th overall so its essentially 5th + 21st overall for 3rd overall with that 5th overall pick having one extra year of development under his belt.
A little dishonest there, since he wouldn't be anywhere near #5 in this draft. At the same time, it's probably close-ish value-wise, but I still wouldn't do it. As far as D from last year, I think we'd only be interested in Trouba or Murray.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Flyers View Post
This is just for discussion, Drouin at the WJC turned me into an instant fan, I was wondering what it would take for the Flyers to get the 3rd pick, I know its not likely at all. I'd think TB would need wingers, but I'm not that great at offers and knowing values.
Both Philly and Tampa Bay need D help and Philly has nothing to offer us that would warrent giving up our 3rd pick for, So this is a mute point.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Flyers View Post
Tampa has tons of wingers in there farm system so we dont need any wingers just young D help and Philly does'nt have that.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:34 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
A little dishonest there, since he wouldn't be anywhere near #5 in this draft. At the same time, it's probably close-ish value-wise, but I still wouldn't do it. As far as D from last year, I think we'd only be interested in Trouba or Murray.
Maybe not 5th overall but if it is a defenseman you are looking for, Morgan Rielly is as good as the best in this draft (after Seth Jones). Certainly ranks amongst guys like Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, and Pulock, if not above all those guys thanks to his great skating ability and how that translates to today's NHL. If it is Trouba or Murray you prefer than that is understandable but what if Trouba or Murray weren't available and Rielly was. Would you make the deal?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Maybe not 5th overall but if it is a defenseman you are looking for, Morgan Rielly is as good as the best in this draft (after Seth Jones). Certainly ranks amongst guys like Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, and Pulock.
I agree, I do think he'd be in that group, and maybe even the best of that group. Those guys are looking to go around 6-14, though. Like I said, from an absolute perspective I don't think the value is far off, but I just don't think it would make sense from Tampa's perspective. Guys like Trouba or Murray could come in and produce next year.

Even then, I'd be against the trade since I think that the top 3 in this class are elite, and Trouba and Murray will only end up being very good. You don't trade elite for very good, no matter what your team needs.

Old
06-01-2013, 12:30 PM
416Leafer

I didnt see the point to make a separate thread for this.

But looking at TB team needs, it looks like they could use a young PMD and a top 6 winger.

So how far off is something like Gardiner + JVR for 3rd overall. Overpayment? TB would want something else? Both are young, semi-proven at the NHL level, address team needs, and have potential to improve. JVR himself is a former 2nd overall pick, but hasnt shown consistent play at a high level (though he does show very good flashes at times).

My target would actually be Barkov, not Drouin (well... MacKinnon, but he wouldnt be there at 3 lol). I dont see Nashville moving their pick given this is their best chance to get a legitimate #1 centre that theyve been lacking.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

We certainly do not need a top 6 winger, and don't really need a PMD. We need a stay at home guy in the Hamhuis mold to pair with Hedman so he can be let off of his leash a bit, and for forwards, the only "need" (and it's only a need if you think Johnson isn't ready to step in) is #3C.

Plus, you don't trade elite for good, even 2x good. If a young, top pairing caliber defender isn't coming back, the proposals go no where.

Old
06-01-2013, 01:26 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

#10 + Joe Morrow + 2013 Boston 1st

Is that close value to get TB to move the pick? If not, what would you want from Dallas?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

I think TB fans are getting a little to carried away by calling Drouin elite here, in points sure but in terms of impacting a game some of the offers here are more than fair value in team building.

But that's the nature of hockey future boards I guess, the next young prospect is always better than what's there now.

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Wiqkid*

Should have named this thread Value of 3rd overall considering these Leafs fans think every thread is about them.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I think TB fans are getting a little to carried away by calling Drouin elite here, in points sure but in terms of impacting a game some of the offers here are more than fair value in team building.

But that's the nature of hockey future boards I guess, the next young prospect is always better than what's there now.
Tampa isn't your typical bottom-3 team though. We are in need of something very specific, but we already have a deep prospect pool and a deep forward group. We don't need more "good" players, we have plenty of those already. We need a stay at home top 4 dman coming back, but Drouin's value is more than that.

You're more likely to get a piece like Purcell or Connolly than Drouin. We have a ton of top-9 capable forwards, so adding someone that wouldn't blow one of the existing forwards out of the water makes no sense on Tampa's behalf. If you're going to propose a trade, think about what the other team may need instead of just getting rid of your own spare parts.

Old
06-01-2013, 04:39 PM
DesertDawg

The Coyotes would make good trade partners with the Lightning. Hate to suggest it, but if it's for the 3rd pick, TB should have interest in Stone as well as other prospects, some that are ready for the NHL. I also can see Malone being moved to clear some cap space.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post

Tampa is loaded with forwards.

Lecavalier, MSL, Stamkos, Purcell, Killorn are locks for the top 6.

Pouliot, Malone, Palat, Johnson, Panik, Connolly and the 3rd overall can fight out it for the final spot/3rd line.

Theres plenty more coming through the pipeline with Brown, Hart, Namestnikov Richard, Kucherov etc etc coming through the pipeline.

Forward wise what do we lack? Proven 3rd line centre, yeah sure, but given Johnson's play (reigning AHL MVP and played well in his NHL stint) most Lightning fans are willing to give him a shot.

D wise, Hedman, Salo, Carle and Brewer are the top 4. Gudas, Aulie and Barberio probably fill out the last 3 spots. The d group isn't good enough. We need a defensive top pairing dman to play alongside Hedman. Guaranteed top pairing though, we have enough maybes already with Koekkoek. Then pushing everyone down a slot defensively things look a lot better. Salo and Carle as a middle pairing is a lot better than Brewer/Carle was.

In goal SFY has made his moves, Bishop/Lindback for now, Vasya/Wilcox in the future.

Why would Tampa trade the pick for anything but a long term solution to our long term hole, a #2 defensive dman to play alongside Victor.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Wiqkid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The Coyotes would make good trade partners with the Lightning. Hate to suggest it, but if it's for the 3rd pick, TB should have interest in Stone as well as other prospects, some that are ready for the NHL. I also can see Malone being moved to clear some cap space.
The only pieces that TB would want are Yandle and OEL. Nothing else could get you the 3rd pick.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
There are not many teams that make worse trade partners than Philadelphia and Tampa Bay.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Tampa is loaded with forwards.

Lecavalier, MSL, Stamkos, Purcell, Killorn are locks for the top 6.

Pouliot, Malone, Palat, Johnson, Panik, Connolly and the 3rd overall can fight out it for the final spot/3rd line.

Theres plenty more coming through the pipeline with Brown, Hart, Namestnikov Richard, Kucherov etc etc coming through the pipeline.

Forward wise what do we lack? Proven 3rd line centre, yeah sure, but given Johnson's play (reigning AHL MVP and played well in his NHL stint) most Lightning fans are willing to give him a shot.

D wise, Hedman, Salo, Carle and Brewer are the top 4. Gudas, Aulie and Barberio probably fill out the last 3 spots. The d group isn't good enough. We need a defensive top pairing dman to play alongside Hedman. Guaranteed top pairing though, we have enough maybes already with Koekkoek. Then pushing everyone down a slot defensively things look a lot better. Salo and Carle as a middle pairing is a lot better than Brewer/Carle was.

In goal SFY has made his moves, Bishop/Lindback for now, Vasya/Wilcox in the future.

Why would Tampa trade the pick for anything but a long term solution to our long term hole, a #2 defensive dman to play alongside Victor.
Bingo. This should be stapled on top of every trade offer involving the bolts.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid View Post
The only pieces that TB would want are Yandle and OEL. Nothing else could get you the 3rd pick.
For the third pick it'd have to be OEL I think, which we would have to add CONSIDERABLY to, and I just don't think it would be worth it, as anything that pries OEL from Phoenix would have to be a huge overpayment.

However, Phx and TBL make good trade partners since they're cupboard is full of NHL ready D prospects/players and we're full of NHL ready F prospects/players. Something could certainly be worked out between the two.