HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Game GDT: 06/10/06 Montreal @ Buffalo 8PM EST RDS,TSN

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2006, 11:17 PM
White Snake*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromPEI View Post
Souray lost us this game period. I remember in the first period i think a buffalo player was skating on the left wing and souray had lots of time to adjust since he was positionally ready but then the buffalo player turns on the speed and drove from the outside to the inside and right on in on Huet. I couldnt believe how bad Souray got burned, and when he did get burned, he was in no rush to try to catch him. And it happened again in the third period when another buffalo player blew by souray which resulted in a penalty cuz he hit Huet BUT Still Souray looked awful and disinterested.

Also Huet played a real good game! You can't really fault him on the goals, the defense was not there. And I hate how McGuire keeps talking about Huet and contradicts himself, it really gets annoying, he is clueless and how he still has a job is beyond me.

First line played amazing lets hope they can do this all year. Second line didn't play too bad just couldnt capitalize, they will be alright. Perez also looked really good in the first period and i also loved when peters hit him, he went and hit peters.

I would keep the D as they are, as it is just the first game and players need to adjust. And I hope Carbs talks with Souray to tell him tonight was unacceptable.

There are a lot of positives from this game and even though it is always good to win, it is good we lost this one because this will teach them to play for a full 60 mins now than mid way thru the season. I don't want this year to be like last year where we just barley squeak out wins and do comebacks. We have to learn to bury teams when we have the lead. Anyways one point is good and we are in toronto tomorrow, which should be better since its the second game. good game guys!
Im more worried about Rivet's performance tonight. Lets sit him out tomorrow.

Old
10-06-2006, 11:19 PM
BadHabit

Yet again, another game cost by defensive blunders par Souray and Rivet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - those two so called defensemen are the worst thing we have on the blue line defensively. They cost us game after game and yet the coaches don't seem to notice. Why they play together on the same line is beyond me. Get rid of these guys and pick up someone half decent before they ruin another season. (both leaders (1 and 2) in plus/minus last year, in the negatives!)

Good effort by Koivu, Huet, Plekanec and a few others.

Old
10-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Perezhogin's looking good so far. First thing I noticed tonight was that his weight isn't detrimental to his skating at all, and he's using his new-found weight with more authority, knocking as many players as he can reach without moving out of position.

And of course, this made me think of you.
awwww.. how sweet.

He did look good in his first few shifts, tried to pull a big hit but just missed it. I think this line could be quite dangerous, but Bonk was terrible tonight.

Kinda regret not keeping Ribs after what I saw from Niinimaa... not that I don't believe Niinimaa will be efficient at some point in this season.. but moving Pleks up a spot kind of recked the 3rd and the 4th line.

I'd love to have Zhogy-Plekanec-Johnson and Latendresse-Bonk-Bégin ...seemed to me all the peices of the puzzle were there. Now both lines look lost.

Old
10-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
awwww.. how sweet.

He did look good in his first few shifts, tried to pull a big hit but just missed it. I think this line could be quite dangerous, but Bonk was terrible tonight.

Kinda regret not keeping Ribs after what I saw from Niinimaa... not that I don't believe Niinimaa will be efficient at some point in this season.. but moving Pleks up a spot kind of recked the 3rd and the 4th line.

I'd love to have Zhogy-Plekanec-Johnson and Latendresse-Bonk-Bégin ...seemed to me all the peices of the puzzle were there. Now both lines look lost.
This is still possible. Some people think that Grabovksi is ready to take that 2nd line duty, which I don't think it's possible but some do.....

Old
10-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Blades 0f Steel

The Hamilton gamesheet says Kostitsyn was basically zeros for shots and +/- tonight. I wonder if he got injured.

Old
10-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is still possible. Some people think that Grabovksi is ready to take that 2nd line duty, which I don't think it's possible but some do.....
Grabovski, 2nd line? I really doubt.. even with AHL experience I doubt.

The style of hockey he plays, doesn't fit with the style of shape he has. RSL and international rinks is one thing, but 6'3 NHL Dman on a small rink is an other. (Russian fan)

Old
10-07-2006, 12:15 AM
jcpenny

My take

Although we lost i thought we played a good game.

- we missed a ton of chances offensively where the Plek-kovy-sammy line could have easily won us the game

- Koivus line was dynomite

-Third line looked great especially perez ( and no Bonk wasnt awful)

- Our D wasnt as Nervous as some pointed out
KOmi was a rock tonight
Markov was verage but did good
Rivet was ok and did his job
Dandenault played a good game
Niniimaa made 2 giveaways but was physical and made good plays with the puck

Souray...Cost us the game, didnt help Rivet at all, he needs to go period. 3 and 4th goal cold have been prevented if it wasnt for him, i jut cant tand Souray anymore...my new "he needs to go" guy...

Huet was good but didnt make the big save when it mattered the most...

I like our team. Dont forget it was Buffalo and we, from most part, owned them...

Old
10-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Kirk Muller

Tough game to lose, but Montreal hung with Buffalo which many regard as a Stanley Cup contender.

Kovalev and Samsonov were both very disappointing. Had some chances, but were horrible in their own zone. Koivu, Higgins, and Ryder look good already, and Ryder looks like he is faster and more engaged in the physical game.

The best defenseman imo was Mike Komisarek which was very nice to see. Almost 24 minutes of ice time and including OT, something which never occured last year. Rivet and Souray were just bad. Souray was constantly being beat outside, and Rivet was poor on the tying goal. Markov was good, but had a costly giveaway.

Bonk was not good, Begin and Murray didn't bring the energy i would have thought.

Overall, not a bad season opener. A bit disappointing in the outcome but its a long season to work on the kinks.

Old
10-07-2006, 01:32 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
That was a great game... end to end action and all out speed!

Sure, the Briere incident was ugly but Buffalo could argue that they should have had a goal in the first after a premature whistle... you win some and loose some. The refs just... suck!

Anyway... **** it! Heads up! It's Buffalo! They're a great team and we took them to the wire tonight.
My take on the game, too! Felt like it was a game from the first round of the playoffs. A few mistakes made that hopefully Carbonneau et al can fix. The Habs go toe-to-toe with Buffalo - which aint slow - pretty good start to the season, **.

Old
10-07-2006, 06:18 AM
White Snake*

WOw it is hilarious to see all the different opinions on our team. Its almost like they played two different games last night. Was teh RDS version different from teh TSN version? Which version was Perezhgin good and bad? SOuray cost us the game? Bonk was horrible? Are we all talking about the Season opener last night?

Old
10-07-2006, 06:22 AM
White Snake*

Rivet being abused in the last minute of the game reminded me of Game 3 vs Tampa in the 04 palyoffs. Sickening.

Old
10-07-2006, 06:36 AM
David_99

NHL.com's 3 stars is lacking a certain Captain that had a 3 point night.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ThreeStarsPage

Old
10-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Mike8

Quote:
awwww.. how sweet.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of the third and fourth lines now. They're still good (on paper), but they're missing key elements.

Old
10-07-2006, 07:29 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
awwww.. how sweet.

Pleks will make our second line one of the best in the league, Ribs just couldnt make the line works.. Im confident Bonk will step up even if I dont think he was atrocious last night..

Old
10-07-2006, 09:42 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Pleks will make our second line one of the best in the league, Ribs just couldnt make the line works.. Im confident Bonk will step up even if I dont think he was atrocious last night..
You are right and i must say that im VERY confused by many opinions about last nights game. Makes me wonder if people are watching the same game.

- Bonk was great last night, he was AWSOME on the PK especially during the 5 on 3 and we didnt allow any PP goals so he did his job last night and his line had their chances offensively.

- Perezhogin was great last night too. Displayed a lot of energy, had many good scoring chances and even was physical.

- The Plekanec line was great i mean common guys! They had a lot of chances of the rush, Plekanec and Kovalev missed opportunities one on one with Miller (who litterally saved Buffalo's behind last night).

The D wasnt bad also. The only guy that i cannot stand anymore is Souray and im tired of this guy costing us games with his awful positionning/lack of anticipation/slow feet u name it. Hes making Rivet look bad because hes not helping him at all. Rivet was not as bad as people made it seem to be, rivet is a good complimentary pairing guy but dont pair him with somebody slower and weaker than him defensively cuz its asking for disaster.

Guys we went Toe to Toe with a team labelled as cup contenders and we even made them look bad during many stretches of the game. Offensively we will make a lot of damages and the defensive will be ok but i hope that Carbonneau will not accept anymore horrid performances like Souray had last night.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:50 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I agree. I'm not a big fan of the third and fourth lines now. They're still good (on paper), but they're missing key elements.
I agree i dont really like our bottom lines at this point, but then again it was the first game of the season so lets wait and see how they do.

Old
10-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Anyone noticed the couple with the Latendresse jerseys in the lower bowl near the the glass ? Nice to see the Guillaume-mania has hit the Habs fans in Buffalo too

The good:

-1st line was awsome , Higgins our best player as usual.
-Perezhogin worked very hard and had a fairly good game , possibly the best player on his line.
-Samsonov and Johnson had good games.
-Huet being Huet
-Komisarek was a monster on the PK

The bad:

-The Officials were weird for both sides, Sabres fans went crazy at some point and the Habs paid the price. Kudos to the 6th player.
-Pleky wasen't very good , possibly the worst game i saw him play.
-Latendresse didn't hit anyone and didn't know what to do with the puck when he had the chance. I think he got 1 good shift along the boards and ended up giving the puck away with a blind pass in front.

The ugly:

-Souray yapping his mouth but not backing it up.
-Carbo not taking a time-out after Briere goal.

Old
10-07-2006, 05:53 PM
kostitsyn1489

Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go!

Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn!

Habs score and habs dance! Habs score and Habs fans dance!

Habs won, Leafs fan cant believe it! Habs won, Leafs fan cant believe it!

Koivu get 3 points and he's a god, Koivu get 3 points and he's a god!

Perezhogin pull a dazzling move! Perezhogin pull a dazzling move!

Kovalev kill Tucker! Kovalev kill Tucker!

And Habs fan are happy! And Habs fan are happy!

Old
10-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go! Go Habs Go!

Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn! Burn Leafs Burn!

Habs score and habs dance! Habs score and Habs fans dance!

Habs won, Leafs fan cant believe it! Habs won, Leafs fan cant believe it!

Koivu get 3 points and he's a god, Koivu get 3 points and he's a god!

Perezhogin pull a dazzling move! Perezhogin pull a dazzling move!

Kovalev kill Tucker! Kovalev kill Tucker!

And Habs fan are happy! And Habs fan are happy!

LOL!!!

This is funny, this is funny.

Old
10-07-2006, 05:56 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Habs fans are never happy, what are you saying?

I agree with the posters who said they don't understand the Bonk hate. He played a solid game and I didn't notice (m)any turnovers...

Closed Thread