HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Frolik and Bolland would bring us back to the 2nd and 3rd round if we want that

Old
06-01-2013, 07:09 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Frolik and Bolland would bring us back to the 2nd and 3rd round if we want that
Bolland could bring back a 18-24ish 1st round pick if Chicago decided to trade him. Still hope they don't.

Old
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Bolland could bring back a 18-24ish 1st round pick if Chicago decided to trade him. Still hope they don't.
2010 Bolland could get that

Not 2013 Bolland

Old
06-01-2013, 09:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Not 2013 Bolland
2010 Bolland would have brought a 1st round pick and a very good prospect. 2013 Bolland still has a lot of value.

Old
06-01-2013, 09:55 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:

Not 2013 Bolland
If 2010 Brouwer could get that, then 2013 Bolland sure as hell could.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:24 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
that's a big reach considering he's going into his last year of his contract, coming off an injury, and hasn't had a great playoffs (and didn't have a great regular season)...i'd say him + our first would get us 10-15.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Sarava

Bolland has been showing a little more life as we go along in the playoffs. Let's leave him be.

Old
06-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

who the hell cares what pick he could fetch. He would bring back a good quality pick in the #25-#40 range and we would be back in the 2nd round or have 2 1sts

Old
06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
It's probably a little tough to zone in on who to draft when you'll be picking last in the first round (I'm hoping, it'll put a little extra cash in my pocket!), but here's who we have ranked in the bottom-5 of our Final Ranking over at FC:

Quote:
25). LW André Burakovsky, Malmo, Allsvenskan, 6-1, 175
26). LW Kerby Rychel, Windsor, OHL, 6-1, 200
27). C Nic Petan, Portland, WHL, 5-9, 165
28). RW Adam Erne, Quebec, QMJHL, 6-0, 200
29). C J.T. Compher, U-17 USDP, USHL, 6-0, 165
30). C Connor Hurley, Edina, USHS, 6-1, 175
(Full ranking here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-re...013-nhl-draft/)

For those that want to dig a bit more on Hurley and some potential guys moving up from the second round, we have our Prospect Profiler with over 100 eligibles in our database. It's a quick little snapshot for those curious and can be found here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/playe...earsearch=2013

Of course, each year we put out an NHL Draft Guide and this year is no different. For 20 bones, you get two different PDF's (same content), one optimized for ipad/iphone and another text-only version for those hoping to print it out. It's not a bad value for our profiles and top-210 ranking and behind. If it hits a spark, more info on it can be found here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-re...l-draft-guide/

Old
06-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I have to say that I'd like Petan, Compher or Hurley

Old
06-05-2013, 06:09 AM
feichter33

I guess G's not gonna be the 1st pick with the Raanta signing...so...given this is the year of the dman, I guess we see who falls. At 28-30, I hate to be inspecific, but you take the faller, kind of like TT last year. I could see Petan being there, due to size

IMO, I want blue line shooter for our PP. we have a good setup, but need a triggerman, have for years now. Who fits that role?

Old
06-08-2013, 04:41 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
There are some guys I like more than McCarron, but I wouldn't mind that pick. It sounds like he could be headed to London too, so I'll get to see a lot of him.
the rumors are circling no doubt...if McCarron winds up in London that would be a huge win for the Knights.. I think both he and John Hayden have moved up on many draft boards as big guys that can skate and have decent hands. I wouldn't mind either, but like I said when your going to be drafting either 28,29, or 30 I don't really see too many slam dunks out there so go with a big power forward who could replace a Bickell/power forward role in 2-3 years

Old
06-10-2013, 04:00 PM
SLarmer28

Adam Erne
Left Wing
6'-0", 210 lbs

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2013

The Blackhawks need to replace Bryan Bickell, whether it's short term or long term.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:09 PM
hockeydoug

Bickell is so wonderful because he's been playing for nothing for a few years. There isn't any replacing a top 9 forward in his prime making a hair over league minimum. Just draft the BTA and hope you find such a quality value somewhere else.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Sevanston

I didn't realize that JT Compher was from Northbrook or that he had grown to 6'0"

Great player in every way except he's still got a bit of a slight frame.

He's projected to go in the late first or at worst early second round, so with the hometown factor it wouldn't surprise me to see the Hawks take him with the 29/30th pick.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he can play Center too which is another + for me

Old
06-14-2013, 08:24 PM
rick hawk

Quote:
Pulford was running 04 draft with Smith's people in place

Tallon's first draft was in 05
Tallon was not the official GM for the 04 draft but he was in charge of it. I still have copies of the Draft issue for that year which clearly states that.

Old
06-14-2013, 08:31 PM
rick hawk

That same issue states "Tallon served as director of player personnel from 1998 through 2002 and had a big hand in the drafting of Steve McCarthy, Michael Leighton, Mikhail Yakubov, Pavel Vorobiev, Tuomo Ruutu, Anton Babchuck and others."

Old
06-14-2013, 09:21 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
2010 Bolland would have brought a 1st round pick and a very good prospect. 2013 Bolland still has a lot of value.
Talented pests are in vogue, Bolland can still be that. He'll get action if he's on the market. Maybe some GM thinks he's exactly the type of guy they need and "overpays" with a 1st+, maybe he only gets a decent prospect and a 2nd. How he plays in the next 3-6 games will be a big factor in that.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
Talented pests are in vogue, Bolland can still be that. He'll get action if he's on the market. Maybe some GM thinks he's exactly the type of guy they need and "overpays" with a 1st+, maybe he only gets a decent prospect and a 2nd. How he plays in the next 3-6 games will be a big factor in that.
we also have our first to toss in...although, it's sufficiently late it won't be a huge sweetener. We also have a deep prospect pool to access...I'd prefer for us to put together a package incl. Bolland than just trying to trade him straight up.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:37 PM
hawksfan50

BOLLAND straight up for the FLA 2nd rounder...or BOLLAND and McNEILL to a team drafting late teens or early 20s for that pick plus their 2nd...reason would be to grab a D man like BOWEY or HEATHERINGTON or McCOSHEN because I think they are all gone before we pick at #30 or heaven forbid at #29. .I think we need a QUALITy Dman prospect..BOWEY fits our style because he is a great skater..but much bigger than Keith or Leddy fast skaters...great defender.. +41 for Kelowna and anchored our Gold Medal Canadian squad at the U-18...but also8 big enough at 6'1.5 and over 200 lbs to shove guys off pucks and hit into the boards...really would like to get this kid..Heatherington is big at 6'4 and 196 and skayes well for his size and I think.has big.upside 2 ways..McCoshen puts up points big shot big size and good 2 way D but not as swift a skater as Bowey or Heatherington...like to get.one of them for sure...so se.probably need to move up
5-10 spots..If we get some 2nds we should grab anlther goalie because I think Jarry is the best goalie prospect in the draft and a generational talent but the consensus is still over ranking the hyped.Fucale..If we miss on Jarry. .grab Phillipe Desrosidrs..I like him a lot too...gonna need more top echelon goalie prospects as Crawford will be too cap unfriendly and gone zftdr his contract ends...Raanta will get that job then but after his second contract..at a reasonable price till he proves over its length if he is elite or not and if he is he gone too as too expensive by his third contract at ufa time..so we need to develope a young pipeline goalie overthe next 4 years...means.starting now by drafting the cream of this goalie crop..not Fucale but Jarry. .but if he gone before we can draft him..then Desrosiers is a great consolatkon pick..but do not wait too long..I value both as easily top ten talents overall even if stupid GMs won't usually won't rank goalies high enough to theif talent due to longer development time for goalies and the risk in taking goalies as first rounders..but I calls em as I sees em, and these 2 goalies willbe nhl starters with elite impacts in a few years..gotta get one for the pipeline now...not sold on any of our pipeline drafted goalies.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I still don't see why people are in a hurry to move Bolland. I don't think he'll be looking for a big raise next summer, and in the role he's currently in, he's among the best in the league. Him being here next year shouldn't effect signing Bickell if Chicago moves Frolik and buysout/dumps Olesz/Montador.

I get Chicago has some prospects/young players coming, but they haven't arrived yet. There's going to have to be some tough decisions made in the next couple years - I get that - and I understand that Kruger and Shaw have taken steps and there are people out there that will argue they could bring what Bolland does at a fraction of the price, but having watched Bolly all through his Junior days up to and including his time with the Hawks, he's simply a guy you want to have on your team. He's been a winner wherever he's gone and he's willing to play any role and do anything, to help his team win. I also get he's had a tough year, and he's had his injury problems, I just don't see that as enough of a reason to move him.

Perhaps, in the not too distant future, Danault comes up and really impresses.. or Shaw/Kruger truly take that next step where you can say they're playing as well as Bolland can when he's healthy, but we're not at that point yet and it'd be a shame for Chicago to part with a player capable as being as impactful as Dave Bolland can be, especially when they're a contending team and Bolly's in the prime of his career.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:20 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I still don't see why people are in a hurry to move Bolland. I don't think he'll be looking for a big raise next summer, and in the role he's currently in, he's among the best in the league. Him being here next year shouldn't effect signing Bickell if Chicago moves Frolik and buysout/dumps Olesz/Montador.

I get Chicago has some prospects/young players coming, but they haven't arrived yet. There's going to have to be some tough decisions made in the next couple years - I get that - and I understand that Kruger and Shaw have taken steps and there are people out there that will argue they could bring what Bolland does at a fraction of the price, but having watched Bolly all through his Junior days up to and including his time with the Hawks, he's simply a guy you want to have on your team. He's been a winner wherever he's gone and he's willing to play any role and do anything, to help his team win. I also get he's had a tough year, and he's had his injury problems, I just don't see that as enough of a reason to move him.

Perhaps, in the not too distant future, Danault comes up and really impresses.. or Shaw/Kruger truly take that next step where you can say they're playing as well as Bolland can when he's healthy, but we're not at that point yet and it'd be a shame for Chicago to part with a player capable as being as impactful as Dave Bolland can be, especially when they're a contending team and Bolly's in the prime of his career.
It's not just about what we can offer...it's also about what he can get elsewhere. I have no desire to sew him up long term - nor to devote cap space to him.

He's replaceable - and he's in a position where we can get something for him. Now is the time to move him.

Old
06-15-2013, 03:30 AM
SLarmer28

I sincerely hope the Chicago Blackhawks do not expend another first round draft pick on a center not with the following prospects in the system:

Pirri
Leblanc
Danault
McNeill
Nordstrom (Kruger v2.0)

Old
06-15-2013, 07:30 AM
hawksfan50

They will not take another centre...needs are for a top quality Dman because we will lose Leddy for cap reasons,Oduya's shelf life is probably just 3-4 yrs at most to his current level before age decline...and Clendenning rdpla i.g Leddy is a cap worry by the time he will get to bis 3rd contract...therefore we must draft a quality D tokeep the replacement pool ready in 3-4 yrs which means developing a guy in Jr and Ro kford till that time...Leddy is a 3rd pair level only...proved he could.not handle top 4 minutes...Clendenning probably in the same boat...we need.better because IF we get a real 2 or 3spot quality D and play that quality as a third pairing guy who could.move up to a bigger role for injury or later for age replacement on above pairings..then it makes our D overall BETTER...so I think that will sdt the target as priorigy..But if we trade assets for.more picks we also would target a size winger and/or a top quality goalie...you can never have too many great goalie prospects...especially since most analysts dismiss the goalie prodpects in our pipeline as not being "A" class compared to what some other teams have in their pipelines( excludes Raanta. ..but whenCC flies the cojp for cap reasons and AR takes over at a reasonable 2nd contract price...by his 3rd contract he goo may not be cap affordable and we will lose him...so gotta keep the goalie premier replacement development pipeline eell stocked and since goalies develop later gotta draft cream of the crop quality when opporgunity knocks..I tbink Jarry is special quality and I also think Desrosiers too has a chance yo be nbl top quality staftdr... WE need to get one of them....what I do not know is wbat picks we get for traxing Bolland and Leddy and it could also be not straight up for eithdr of them but some other of our prospects in luded in a psckage..I would like go come away with an extra first rounder and a vddy high second...like an early 20s pick,our own at #30 or #29,plus a pickin the first few slots of round 2..my dream draft would be gettinging Madison Bowey and either big Rw Mike McCarron or another Dman, Dillon Heatherington or Dman IanMcCoshen...then taking a goalie...Jarry or Desfosiers in round 2..That would be a great draft for us...

Closed Thread