HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Prospect Tracker 2006-2007

Old
09-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Panthers Prospect Tracker 2006-2007

With the post that Frolik has scored 4 points in his first two games for Rimouski, it's time to start the new tracker thread so kind souls (such as Crossbar )will have a single place to post about the efforts of our prospects and any news regarding them.

A sticky, if you will, Heimy or Ratman

09-22-2006, 06:23 AM
hockeywinger

Nice article on Dan Collins

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...128/SPORTS0103

Except draft year is incorrect.

hockeywinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 04:29 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Plante didn't get the shutout recorded i think. We need Crossbar back.

McArdle has 8 points in 5 games with 33 Penalty minutes, so by the sounds of it he played well. Calla hasn't got off to a great start offensively. Frolik hasn't played since we were last updated on his progress, i guess that shoulder injury was more serious than let on.
Caruso has 2 points in 4 games.

Collins has 7 points in 5 games for the Whalers. Scouts have said he had all the tools to be a 1st rounder, but just didn't use all those tools day in day out, so it is good to see him starting of well.

Couldn't find any info on the few guys we have at college still such as Bearson, Glass, Bagnall and im not surw where LaPoint is this year.

Did we give up the rights to Pemberton and a few others? We seem to have even less prospects this year.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 04:30 PM
sabrefan27

With the Amerks roster set, this is what I have for opening night this Friday. I have a feeling some won't be pleased:

MacArthur - Sprukts - Stewart
Booth - Zagrapan - Stafford
Ryan - Kreps -Thorburn
Kaleta - Mancari

Scratches: Globke, Meyer, Jacina, Hunter.

Sekera - Semenov
Card - Smith
Funk - Vallin

Scratches: Strazzabosco, MacDonald.

Anderson
Dennis

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
With the Amerks roster set, this is what I have for opening night this Friday. I have a feeling some won't be pleased:

MacArthur - Sprukts - Stewart
Booth - Zagrapan - Stafford
Ryan - Kreps -Thorburn
Kaleta - Mancari

Scratches: Globke, Meyer, Jacina, Hunter.

Sekera - Semenov
Card - Smith
Funk - Vallin

Scratches: Strazzabosco, MacDonald.

Anderson
Dennis
Sprukts and Stewart starting on the first line? I think that's good. Only thing that sucks is Shantz development might slow down if he doesn't get to play in any key AHL games.

Thewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Acadmus

I'm more disappointed to see MacDonald scratched - it's almost worse than being demoted to the Everblades for him to not play at all. Is Card one of ours? Anyway, at least two dmen, Semenov on the top pairing (let's hope that isn't a waste) and Vallin on the back pair. Also, there's one player missing - only 11 forwards and still just 6 dmen? And the Cats have 4 forwards 1 goalie and 2 dmen for just 7 prospects playing (out of 10 roster spots) so I hope the last missing player is at least a Panther.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 09:23 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
I'm more disappointed to see MacDonald scratched - it's almost worse than being demoted to the Everblades for him to not play at all. Is Card one of ours? Anyway, at least two dmen, Semenov on the top pairing (let's hope that isn't a waste) and Vallin on the back pair. Also, there's one player missing - only 11 forwards and still just 6 dmen? And the Cats have 4 forwards 1 goalie and 2 dmen for just 7 prospects playing (out of 10 roster spots) so I hope the last missing player is at least a Panther.
Yeah, disappointing to see MacDonald there especially considering the way he's been hyped up lately as he scored a goal and then 2 goals in a shootout in a 4-3 SO game the other day I think. Vallin on the 3rd pairing suprises me, I expected to see him on the top pairing. It's good to see Booth on the second line and him playing with Zagrapan should be good as Zagrapan is a very skilled forward so Booth will be relied on to use his physical play and all-round game to compliment that. Meyer being scratched sucks, I mean of all the players there I'd think he'd be very fit to play at least a 4th line role on the team, Globke couldn't even make the lineup in the AHL, talk about a bust lol.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:55 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
The AHL plays with only 11 forwards so I'm not missing anyone. Florida does have less players in the lineup, but I've never read anything to suggest that there needs to be a certain number of players from each team in the game night lineup.

Alos, remember these are only my predictions on the lineup and lines. Cunneyworth could go with something completely different, although I wouldn't be able to understand why.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
The AHL plays with only 11 forwards so I'm not missing anyone. Florida does have less players in the lineup, but I've never read anything to suggest that there needs to be a certain number of players from each team in the game night lineup.

Alos, remember these are only my predictions on the lineup and lines. Cunneyworth could go with something completely different, although I wouldn't be able to understand why.
Ah - when you said "what I have" I misunderstood this to mean what you saw in camp.

Never knew about the 11 forwards in the AHL - why do they go with such an odd roster?

I know by now the Panthers aren't guaranteed more than 10 roster spots, which I believe they have, but I'm still disappointed that they're ending up with no more players than last year in the Amerks' lineup.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Isn't to bad, the only player who should play is Meyer. That is where having a dual affliate freakin sucks. He may not be a top prospect, but he is a good prospect and in his second pro year he should be playing in the AHL.

Not suprised by Shantz, we all knew it would happen. Shantz's development >> Anderson, but meh.

Last edited by Acadmus: 12-15-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Isn't to bad, the only player who should play is Meyer. That is where having a dual affliate freakin sucks. He may not be a top prospect, but he is a good prospect and in his second pro year he should be playing in the AHL.

Not suprised by Shantz, we all knew it would happen. Shantz's development >> Anderson, but meh.
One season in the ECHL may very well do Shantz some good. Needless to say he will get a lot of playing time, which is a positive thing.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Chaos2k7

Might have one extra spot...

Pens claim Thorburn from Sabres

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/2057.0.php

Does this mean, Meyer, Jacina, or Globke get a chance now?

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:17 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaos2k View Post
Pens claim Thorburn from Sabres

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/2057.0.php

Does this mean, Meyer, Jacina, or Globke get a chance now?

No because Paille was sent down.

Old
10-06-2006, 11:08 PM
allin4466

Tyler Plante looked spectacular out there tonight, making 45 saves in a 4-3 win. Rebound control was much improved since the loss to Calgary, and he bailed Brandon out big time in the 2nd and 3rd as they were playing at 5 on 3 for a bit each period.

allin4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Crossbar

Sorry guys, someone should try and take over the stat/game updates......I can't seem to find any time to sit down and do them anymore.

BTW, Rochester won 6-0 tonight against Albany!

Anderson got the shutout with 21 saves, 3rd star
Sprukts - (1g-1a-2pts), plus-2, 2 SOG, 0 PIM
Jacina - (2g-0a-2pts), plus-2, 2 SOG, 5 PIM (fight vs. McLeod), SHG
Lojek - (0g-1a-1pt), plus-4, 2 SOG, 2 PIM
Semenov - (0g-0a-0pts), plus-3, 1 SOG, 2 PIM
Vallin - (0g-0a-0pts), plus-1, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Stewart - (0g-0a-0pts), even-0, 0 SOG, 0 PIM
Kreps - (0g-0a-0pts), even-0, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Booth - (0g-0a-0pts), even-0, 2 SOG, 0 PIM

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Is anyone here starting to think that Stewart might be looking like a bust. I'm not necessarily saying that he is right now, but he seems to be leaning that way. I think more than anything else, it's just a motivation thing. Whenever I see him play, he has floater written all over him.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Is anyone here starting to think that Stewart might be looking like a bust. I'm not necessarily saying that he is right now, but he seems to be leaning that way. I think more than anything else, it's just a motivation thing. Whenever I see him play, he has floater written all over him.
yepper. maybe not a complete "never play in the NHL" bust but still a bust. max would be a physical third liner. but it seems Sprukts might actually do really well in the AHL.

Thewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 04:11 PM
sabrefan27

Stewart was a dominant force last night. Don't judge him by all the 0's.

Old
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
PanthersFanatic12

PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- SH PIM
Booth LW 0 1 +1 1 0
Lojek, D 0 0 +2 0 4
Semenov D 0 0 +2 1 0
Jacina RW 1 1 +2 0 0
Stewart RW 0 0 +1 1 2
Kreps, C 0 0 +1 2 2
MacDonald D 0 1 -1 2 0
Sprukts C 0 1 -1 0 0
Anderson 17 saves
Amerks win 6-3

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- SH PIM
Booth LW 0 1 +1 1 0
Lojek, D 0 0 +2 0 4
Semenov D 0 0 +2 1 0
Jacina RW 1 1 +2 0 0
Stewart RW 0 0 +1 1 2
Kreps, C 0 0 +1 2 2
MacDonald D 0 1 -1 2 0
Sprukts C 0 1 -1 0 0
Anderson 17 saves
Amerks win 6-3
For whoever said Lojek was terrible in camp, I know it's a meaningless stat a lot of times but he's plus 6 or something like that in the first two games which is ridiculous. How's Lojek looked so far? And also, how has Sprukts looked as well? Thanks.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
For whoever said Lojek was terrible in camp, I know it's a meaningless stat a lot of times but he's plus 6 or something like that in the first two games which is ridiculous. How's Lojek looked so far? And also, how has Sprukts looked as well? Thanks.
He looked awful in the preseason with guys walking around him, but Friday he looked pretty good. Didn't do anything spectacular, he just got rid of the puck quickly and played pretty good positionally.

I like Sprukts so far. Good skills. Made some real nice passes. He'll put up good numbers while he's here.

Old
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
Plante didn't get the shutout recorded i think. We need Crossbar back.

McArdle has 8 points in 5 games with 33 Penalty minutes, so by the sounds of it he played well. Calla hasn't got off to a great start offensively. Frolik hasn't played since we were last updated on his progress, i guess that shoulder injury was more serious than let on.
Caruso has 2 points in 4 games.

Collins has 7 points in 5 games for the Whalers. Scouts have said he had all the tools to be a 1st rounder, but just didn't use all those tools day in day out, so it is good to see him starting of well.

Couldn't find any info on the few guys we have at college still such as Bearson, Glass, Bagnall and im not surw where LaPoint is this year.

Did we give up the rights to Pemberton and a few others? We seem to have even less prospects this year.
LaPoint is playing for Green Bay in the USHL. He had a goal in his first game.

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...&seasonid=1336

Chuck Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 03:36 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
LaPoint is playing for Green Bay in the USHL. He had a goal in his first game.

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...&seasonid=1336
Awesome, thanks man. Do you see LaPoint play? Would be cool if we could get a report on how he is getting on every so often.

Old
10-09-2006, 03:50 AM
Buddhaa

Quote:
He looked awful in the preseason with guys walking around him, but Friday he looked pretty good. Didn't do anything spectacular, he just got rid of the puck quickly and played pretty good positionally.

I like Sprukts so far. Good skills. Made some real nice passes. He'll put up good numbers while he's here.
He is here to make it in the NHL, not AHL. I just hope he is given a proper chance, otherwise he will be gone back to Europe next year. He did really well in Finland, being one of the best players in the league. I think he is a little above the AHL level, but has to bump out an NHL regular to get a spot on Florida roster.

Buddhaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
Awesome, thanks man. Do you see LaPoint play? Would be cool if we could get a report on how he is getting on every so often.

I'll see him once in a while.

Chuck Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote