HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I wonder what Johnson thinks now?

Old
10-07-2006, 09:20 AM
RC51

vCash: 500
I wonder what Johnson thinks now?

Johnson had a good camp. He looked fast with some size. Played well. Looks like a very good pick-up.

Comming from the west, I wonder what he thinks after that game.
2 very fast teams, with punch and good goalies have at eachother.

Johnson did not look near as fast as in Pre-season, not because he slowed down, but because both team can realy fly.

Both teams showed that on any given night they can crush the opposition. The Habs may have lost, but the effort was there and the 2nd line got stoned and still the Habs had many good chances.
A bounce here a bounce there and both teams could have walked away with a 6-2 victory.

I do have a good idea of what both teams can do now.
But the Habs have more room for improvment. The Habs have more upside to come. Buffalo brought thier "A" game, but since the Habs 2nd line could not bury any goals, it can't be the Habs "A" game yet. There is going to be nights when the 2nd line will bury 2-3 goals. You can see it, smell it and expect it. Maybe not quite as consistant then the 1st line but still, but the 2nd line will improve as the 3 get more chemistry, you can also see that last night.

The Habs went head to head with one of the NHL's top teams on thier "A" game and what a game it was. Comming from behind 2 goals with 4 mins left happends what? 5% of the time!!

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:08 AM
turnbuckle*

How did Sammy look?

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:10 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

my leafs are quicker too
you'll be impressed
you dont just walk into ottawa and win 6-0

p.l.f. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:17 AM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
my leafs are quicker too
you'll be impressed
ottawa has Gerber...'nuff said

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:20 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

he was awful
check out his arms - it looks as if he stuffed balloons inside them - you take a shot off them and it can still get through for a goal

p.l.f. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:21 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
The Habs went head to head with one of the NHL's top teams on thier "A" game and what a game it was. Comming from behind 2 goals with 4 mins left happends what? 5% of the time!!
No offense but that was hardly Buffalo's 'A' game yesterday.

They were fragmented in their plays and weren't skating in sync as mentioned by Lindy Ruff in some post game comments.

They played a mediocre game and managed to turn it on in the last five or so minutes of the third period. If they played that way all game, Montreal wouldn't have stood a chance to even gain one point.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Alexj4x*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitso View Post

They were fragmented in their plays and weren't skating in sync as mentioned by Lindy Ruff in some post game comments.

They played a mediocre game and managed to turn it on in the last five or so minutes of the third period. If they played that way all game, Montreal wouldn't have stood a chance to even gain one point.
C'mon, both teams brought their A-game.....Buffalo didn't just turn it on in the last 5 minutes. Every hockey game where you got a team leading by two goals and the end, it always seems like the losing team turns it on in the last five minute. Thats mainly because the winning team gets in a defense first mentality while the losing team gets in an offense firts mentality.

Both team dominated the other one at times. It was a great, fast paced game and I think the rivalry between these two teams will only grow bigger

As for the person that said that Montreal didn't bring their a-game because the second line didn't score, well you seem to be forgetting that the first line scored 4 goals.

Some night, you'll get the second line that will score those 4 goals and the first line none. Some night, each line will score a couple..........some nights, they won't score at all.....

There was no better team on the ice last night and since Buffalo is considered a cup favorite, then us Habs fan should be happy with the way our team played (except for the fact that they blew a two goal lead)

Alexj4x* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexj4x View Post
C'mon, both teams brought their A-game.....
Not according to Lindy Ruff, the Sabre's coach. He thought his team never played that well at all, with the exception of the second half of the third period.

I'm basing my opinion on his comments as he is a true professional.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:

And if Montreal didn't have so many turnovers on D they'd spend even MORE time on the attack...

And if Montreal capitalized on all their opportunities...

And if Miller wasn't standing on his head...

Both teams had breakdowns in the game, and as you could clearly see, were evenly matched.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Alexj4x*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post

And if Montreal didn't have so many turnovers on D they'd spend even MORE time on the attack...

Both teams had breakdowns in the game, and as you could clearly see, were evenly matched.

Exactly my thought as well.....

Of course a team can't play perfect for a whole 60 min...The point is, Buffalo didn't play a mediocre game and played the same way i've seen Buffalo play last season, whatever Lindy Ruffs says

Old
10-07-2006, 10:40 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post

I agree. There are always breakdowns. It was a great game. Obviously Montreal only had one line working so they can do better. It appears early that BG should have gone after Sykora.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
I agree. There are always breakdowns. It was a great game. Obviously Montreal only had one line working so they can do better. It appears early that BG should have gone after Sykora.
Disagree. I felt they were both good offensively. The top line got all the right bounces whereas the second line were flying, creating great scoring opportunities. What I didn't like was the fact that Buffalo was counting on that and you could see they were trying to create turnovers for odd-man rushes. That is not a team you want to make too many cross-ice passes in their zone!

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Alexj4x*

Sykora....meh

I thought the second line looked great last night (Samsonov included) except for the fact that they didn't bury their chances.

A little more luck and they would have potted one or two goals and we would have had the game

Old
10-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Habsent

The Habs didn't bring their A game either... the Briere goal was like a pre-season goal... horrible, horrible job by Souray and Rivet, it's rare to see players with a NHL contract play like real mediocre minor leaguers... don't count on those types of brain cramps to happen again in the future (Carbo was really pissed... )...

Habsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Weis
Rise Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
my leafs are quicker too
you'll be impressed
with gerber you never know

Weis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Not according to Lindy Ruff, the Sabre's coach. He thought his team never played that well at all, with the exception of the second half of the third period.

I'm basing my opinion on his comments as he is a true professional.

Ruff a true professinal????

He is a bush league goon coach who whines and bawls over everything.

He'll probably coach the Leafs one day!

On a lighter note did anyone notice Ruff during the delay in last nights game? I counted him saying "what a joke" three times. For those of you who remember his press conference from last season when he was whining about Hitchcock and the Flyers you will probably see the humour in this.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Guy Caballero

The whole East-West things is overblown. It's a more accurate description of the NHL in the 90s than the NHL today.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote