HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town Scoreboard (Metrosectional Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Chara should of popped Crosby in the jaw there after the period.

Bruins are bringing the Pens to their level physicality wise. I like that strategy.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:44 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Pens shut out at home and Crosby being sad make me happy. Will sleep good tonight.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:54 PM
foundhockey

That was a lovely game to watch. I am content.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Semin

Love how Crosby just floats around during the 2nd Boston goal and no one says anything.

The least he could of done while Letang was making a dumb play was bust ass back to the net and tie up 46 on the goal. So disinterested!!

Too bad no one will notice it.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semin View Post
Love how Crosby just floats around during the 2nd Boston goal and no one says anything.

The least he could of done while Letang was making a dumb play was bust ass back to the net and tie up 46 on the goal. So disinterested!!

impossibru, Ovechkin controller disconnected, Crosby leader of men

Old
06-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
impossibru, Ovechkin controller disconnected, Crosby leader of men
Crosbys was literally just as bad.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:28 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:

He was terrible on the first one too, Orpik skates over towards Horton and Crosby keeps on gliding towards Horton and lets a pass get to Krejci wide open in the slot. Pierre blamed it on the wingers, for not covering Krejci, the center.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Crosbys was literally just as bad.
Worse since that was actually his man and he was close enough to do something about it. Not that the xbox crowd cares.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Koized

Oh look it that captain Crosby whining about the officiating in a game where each team had four powerplays. Ovechkin takes crap for saying something in a series when his team had a power play discrepancy of 15 and carried the play most of the series. I could only imagine what Crosby would say if the situations were reversed. I imagine we would be hearing him whine to the media after every single game.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Jeeze... when you've won a Cup, been to another Cup finals, and won a gold medal, you get a little more slack than the guy who's never been past the second round. Sure there may be other intangibles at play (Russian vs Canadian) but the fact that one guy has won and one guy hasn't, isn't trivial.

BTW, Cindy is taking a ton of heat on the main boards in the series thread, and he has his own thread about his "antics" so its not like he's getting a completely free pass.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Koized

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post
Jeeze... when you've won a Cup, been to another Cup finals, and won a gold medal, you get a little more slack than the guy who's never been past the second round. Sure there may be other intangibles at play (Russian vs Canadian) but the fact that one guy has won and one guy hasn't, isn't trivial.

BTW, Cindy is taking a ton of heat on the main boards in the series thread, and he has his own thread about his "antics" so its not like he's getting a completely free pass.
Put Crosby on the Capitals and team Russia and he doesn't have any of that. End of story.

Old
06-02-2013, 05:15 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Canadian Disconnected

Old
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Atlas

I would love to see Chara knock Crosby's block off. #87 does a lot of cheap crap.

But when it comes to playing offense and defense, Crosby is a much smarter player than Ovie. Crosby thinks the play out exceptionally well. Ovie goes on talent alone. That's not enough in the NHL—like Orr, Gretzky, and the POS Lemieux, you have you use your mind and grasp the play.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I would love to see Chara knock Crosby's block off. #87 does a lot of cheap crap.

But when it comes to playing offense and defense, Crosby is a much smarter player than Ovie. Crosby thinks the play out exceptionally well. Ovie goes on talent alone. That's not enough in the NHL—like Orr, Gretzky, and the POS Lemieux, you have you use your mind and grasp the play.
So then he coasts on goals against because he's lazy and Ovechkin coasts on them because he's dumb?

Old
06-03-2013, 02:27 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

Ovechkin is supposed to read Hillen and Holtby being jackasses. Its still so dumb founding why Hillen was so concerned with Hagelin scoring from over there that he ****ing left the passing lane to wide open to the guy he also left wide open.

If Hillen had done the right thing and just stood in between the passing lane to Stepan, Hagelin would've just done a wrap around because if you look at Holtby, he wasn't even in the crease, it was an empty net.

Old
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post

The funny thing is that the thread about his antics was locked. The Ovie bash threads were not. You really enjoy bashing Ovechkin don't you? At least Ovie didn't act like a total d bag on the ice like Crosby. I hope the Bruins continue to exploit Crosby and get into his head. They tried with Ovechkin last year and he ignored it.

Old
06-03-2013, 11:49 AM
hb11xchamps

It was great seeing that Malkin/Bergeron fight. I think the Bruins would take that every time considering it gets Malkin off the ice for that long. The game tonight will be great to watch.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
The funny thing is that the thread about his antics was locked. The Ovie bash threads were not. You really enjoy bashing Ovechkin don't you? At least Ovie didn't act like a total d bag on the ice like Crosby. I hope the Bruins continue to exploit Crosby and get into his head. They tried with Ovechkin last year and he ignored it.
i think hes a lightning fan in disguise

Old
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Actually I don't "enjoy" bashing Ovi, I wish I could just flat out brag about all things Ovi, but I can't. I call things as I see them, and results don't lie over and over and over again. What I will call out is when people here point out how unfair Ovi's treatment is by the media as if there is some grand conspiracy out there. The Crosby thread wasn't locked to protect Cindy's delicate sensitivities, it was locked to keep the forum clean and keep the talk in the series thread - No conspiracy needed. Want me to say something nice about Ovi vs Cindy? I prefer Ovi's style of play over Crosby's by a country mile. I like Ovi's physicality and toughness compared to Cindy any day. But when Ovi gets criticized in the media, its generally because Ovi is doing something that deserves to be called out.

If people want to make like because I'm critical of some aspects of the team, or because I'm not a blind homer to all things Ovi, I can't stop them from thinking that. I'm willing to bet I've been a Caps fan longer and been more die hard than Um has been, but whatever...

Last edited by kicksavedave: 06-03-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old
06-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
So then he coasts on goals against because he's lazy and Ovechkin coasts on them because he's dumb?

Did I say Ovie is dumb?

Old
06-03-2013, 06:00 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

That was strange.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Carlzner

Controller Disconnected

Old
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

30 seconds in: Crosby turnover, Marchand goal. Did not disappoint.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Langway
Intangibles

@pgshelly: Bylsma this AM: "I think the first team to score a goal is going to win this hockey game tonight." #Penguins

Oops.

Update: ****ing glorious.

Last edited by Langway: 06-03-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old
06-03-2013, 08:40 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Pens schadenfreude is the best schadenfreude.

Closed Thread