HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

auld

Old
10-07-2006, 05:06 AM
harv3317

vCash: 500
auld

first let me say auld did not look spectacular, but that's a good thing. he was very solid positionally and didn't have to make spectacular saves. liked what i saw. that is with the exception of that awful looking mask. is that his permanent mask, or just temporary??? definitely needs an upgrade. one more thing, alex didn't seem to give many rebounds. over all very satified!!!!!

GGGGGOOOOOOO PPPPPPAAAAANNNNNTTTTHHHHEEEERRRSSSS!!!!!!!!!:handc lap:

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 06:42 AM
vcx*

It looks like he's on the verge of getting a new mask, didn't get around to it. You can still see the canucks colours on it.

Hopefully he gets it updated, finally saw Luongo on highlites and his mask looks nice.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Acadmus

I will say he looked adequate, which is all any of us could really hope for from him anyway. Upgrades on offense and defense with adequate goaltending could get us deep into the playoffs, so if the team keeps playing like last night...

10-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Laus723
Future Now

I thought he looked pretty good. He's still young and had some nice saves. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season with him in goal.

10-07-2006, 08:52 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

auld looked solid hes quick with his pads but his side to side movement is kinda slow..other than that he looked pretty solid..looking forward to belfour tonight

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
he doesn't make too many mistakes and he isn't flashy like Roberto, but as long as he keeps us in the game then it doesn't matter. He kind of reminds me of a combination of Kirk McLean standup style and a pure butterfly goalie

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:53 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I don't know about you guys, but he made some pretty spectacular saves. Of course, they weren't a glove save on a 3-on-0 down low, but they were still big saves. We hung him out to dry more than a few times last night and he completely bailed us out!

JonathanHuberdoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Jeff Shafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta View Post
I don't know about you guys, but he made some pretty spectacular saves. Of course, they weren't a glove save on a 3-on-0 down low, but they were still big saves. We hung him out to dry more than a few times last night and he completely bailed us out!
totally agree with you, Alud is going to be big for us this season!

Old
10-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Vman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
It looks like he's on the verge of getting a new mask, didn't get around to it. You can still see the canucks colours on it.

Hopefully he gets it updated, finally saw Luongo on highlites and his mask looks nice.
It does look like a new mask, so it's probably a permanent one?

Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Jeff Shafer

i read somewhere that Auld will use the Red mask at home and the blue on the road

Old
10-07-2006, 01:59 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
I will say he looked adequate, which is all any of us could really hope for from him anyway. Upgrades on offense and defense with adequate goaltending could get us deep into the playoffs, so if the team keeps playing like last night...

how was that "adequate?" we were getting dominated at points during the game and he had to stand on his head. he made some big saves. he isn't the flashy goalie like luongo, but i thought he was excellent last night. it doesn't matter how you stop them, as long as you stop them.

he kept us in front when we were scrambling. we were outshot 18-9 in the second but came away 1-1 in the period - that's huge. auld was far better than "adequate"

will he keep it up? i'm as skeptical as the next person....hopefully he does.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 02:03 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101010 View Post
auld looked solid hes quick with his pads but his side to side movement is kinda slow..other than that he looked pretty solid..looking forward to belfour tonight
i know it's just warmups....but...

belfour looked absolutley horrible before the game last night - and i know its just warmups, but my goodness....wrist shots from the point were getting through him just about every time. everyone in the stands was in shock watching him. he was reacting as if he was upset too, so he wasn't just going through the motions. hope he isn't injured and trying to play through it already...

hope its nothing...but he looked bad.

Old
10-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
PantherBlood.. i or none of us want to hear that.. lol

we cant have belfour letting wrist shots in from the point.. tonight against 2 of the most skilled forwards in the nhl.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 02:09 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey View Post
PantherBlood.. i or none of us want to hear that.. lol

we cant have belfour letting wrist shots in from the point.. tonight against 2 of the most skilled forwards in the nhl.
don't shoot the messenger

i hope he plays well tonight as much as the next person...i want eddie to prove everyone wrong and show he still has some game...but watching him yesterday didn't instill alot of confidence....

he looked very good in the preseason game vs. the wings, so i'm writing it off for now...

Old
10-07-2006, 02:12 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
i know it's just warmups....but...

belfour looked absolutley horrible before the game last night - and i know its just warmups, but my goodness....wrist shots from the point were getting through him just about every time. everyone in the stands was in shock watching him. he was reacting as if he was upset too, so he wasn't just going through the motions. hope he isn't injured and trying to play through it already...

hope its nothing...but he looked bad.
I noticed a big difference between Auld and Belfour in the warmups too. Don't have too much to comment on it though, I only watched him for a few seconds.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:32 AM
harv3317

unfortunately you guys are right on!! belfour smelled it up BIG time. 4 goals on 10 shots and most of them very stoppable!!!!!! i told you guys i really wanted legacy! hope this isn't an on going problem!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote