HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Přibyl does not receive an offer.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:06 PM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I was aboutto mention the same thing. Saad has the privilege of playing for a stacked Hawks team. No denying Saad is good but his numbers are higher because of the players he is surrounded by.
I disagree. His numbers only validate that he's worthy of being there.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:07 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I was aboutto mention the same thing. Saad has the privilege of playing for a stacked Hawks team. No denying Saad is good but his numbers are higher because of the players he is surrounded by.
Saad got 757 minutes mostly with Toews.

Gallacher and Galchenyuk played about 600 minutes.
That's 25% less than Saad regardless of the linemates.

Then you factor in Toews playing with Saad...

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:14 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Shame, I heard he was the most improved prospect of the habs this year, he's also 6'4" now. Was really hoping to see him make the club, he is/was our biggest forward prospect. I was hoping for him to develop to another late-round European gem :/
Well if he is really that good, he will span with another team.
He is still 20 years old only.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:37 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I guess they don't want to hit the contract limit within two or three years. It makes sense not to sign prospects they believe have little NHL upside.
This has to be the reason. Especially with six picks in the first three rounds of this draft. It makes sense that we'd be sparing with our contracts.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

This one is entirely on Sparta Praha and the Czech league being incredibly anal. They wouldn't release Pribyl to go to the CHL post draft and essentially wasted two years of development for the kid. I'd completely avoid drafting from the Czech league in the future, their bush league practices are going to kill hockey development there. Has any Czech player not drafted from the CHL/gone there immediately after being drafted even played in the NHL in the last 5-6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I guess they don't want to hit the contract limit within two or three years. It makes sense not to sign prospects they believe have little NHL upside.
We have 10-11 contract spots open going into next season after re-signing our RFAs and 1-2 UFAs. We have a ton of contracts expiring in the next two years too. I can't see this being the reason. Seems more like Bergevin wanting to fill the farm team with "his" guys instead of Gauthier era guys. Next year I can't see Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre or Delmas being kept barring some sort of miracle development.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
This one is entirely on Sparta Praha and the Czech league being incredibly anal. They wouldn't release Pribyl to go to the CHL post draft and essentially wasted two years of development for the kid. I'd completely avoid drafting from the Czech league in the future, their bush league practices are going to kill hockey development there. Has any Czech player not drafted from the CHL/gone there immediately after being drafted even played in the NHL in the last 5-6 years?

We have 10-11 contract spots open going into next season after re-signing our RFAs and 1-2 UFAs. We have a ton of contracts expiring in the next two years too. I can't see this being the reason. Seems more like Bergevin wanting to fill the farm team with "his" guys instead of Gauthier era guys. Next year I can't see Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre or Delmas being kept barring some sort of miracle development.
I bet you're right on all counts. Too bad, though, because Pribyl was improving.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I bet you're right on all counts. Too bad, though, because Pribyl was improving.
I looked it up and Hertl is the only big time prospect that didn't go straight to the CHL. Now he's being sued for trying to sign with San Jose.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think we did fairly well without second and third round picks..
Exactly.

Besides, it's way too early to tell. If one or two of the guys not called Beaulieu make it as a full-time NHL d-man, it will be considered a good draft. Also, last year's draft (and hopefully this coming draft) will more than make up for not getting a single forward from the 2011 crop.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Fozz

Quote:

It's way too early to write off Nattinen and, especially, Quailer.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:12 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
It's way too early to write off Nattinen and, especially, Quailer.
Too funny, Nattinen is almost 2 years younger than Quailer, and you think it's especially too early for Quailer, should be the other way around.

Nattinen played well in Hamilton, he's just getting injured too often. Hopefully he can be injury free next year and prove the naysayers on this board wrong.

dcal64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
2011 was such a disgusting draft for the Canadiens (including Beaulieu, always wanted Brandon Saad)
Beaulieu has more high end upside than Saad. making it to the NHL quicker doesn't mean he will be better in 3-4 years.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:05 AM
HCH

Quote:
Seems more like Bergevin wanting to fill the farm team with "his" guys instead of Gauthier era guys. Next year I can't see Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre or Delmas being kept barring some sort of miracle development.
I think Bergevin is a much bigger person than that. Players will be evaluated on their merits and not on who brought them into the organization. If the players you named aren't with the organization in the future it is because they didn't earn their spot. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Besides that, it was likely Timmins who brought them into the organization and he still works with MB.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 3m
Montreal did not sign 4th round pick F Olivier Archambault (former 1st overall QMJHL pick) and 6th round pick F Daniel Pribyl.

I liked this kid, but I suppose you can't sign all your prospects.
My guess would be that it has more to do with his physical issues (lack of speed/mobility/skating) but the contract limit should also be considered depending on what management has in mind for the off-season. It will be interesting to see what the plans are once QO's go out as the Habs currently sit at 34 players under contract for next season with 9 RFA's, 7 UFA's, plus 3 contracts that will likely slid unless they somehow make the NHL. With the likely buyout of Kabs and several players likely not coming back from the 16 players that were under contract last season but aren't as of yet for next.

Plus the new management may have some additional players in mind so it's impossible to know how much the contract limit came into play. I liked Pribyl and would have signed him to see if they can help him get quicker but I also thought it would take a lot of work as he looks like a Moose on skates so his mobility may just be limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
2011 was such a disgusting draft for the Canadiens (including Beaulieu, always wanted Brandon Saad)
too early to really say. everyone is going to have players they wanted the Habs to take that in hindsight shows they were right and the Habs were wrong. 2011 still has a ways to go since it could yield a few surprises depending on how things go, but at worst we have 5 D prospects from that draft in the organization and I'd be willing to bet at least 2 of them end up full time NHLers but perhaps we get lucky as things have gone very well for 3 this past season (Dietz, Beaulieu, Nygren) and Didier is something we could use more of. But of course it could also go the other way and end up one of Timmins worst drafts only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Including Beaulieu? What are you talking about? Beaulieu had a great first season in the AHL and improved drastically defensively. He is exactly what we will be missing when Markov's no longer with the team. It's annoying that alot of people on this board don't like Beaulieu.
I'd say Beaulieu had a very good first season, not sure i'd call it great though but everyone's definition of great or very good will vary. I don't agree that he improved drastically defensively, that to me is a big over statement as Beaulieu showed major holes in his own end.

If you get annoyed that a lot of people on this board don't like Beaulieu, my suggestion for the future will be to avoid threads on him cause he's going to get his fair share of hate in game day threads just as he will get his props as well since it's a very fickle bunch and the bi-polar nature of Hab fans will likely lead to them loving and hating Beaulieu as he's likely going to be a player that does a lot of good things to get fans excited and he's likely going to do a lot of bad things with the puck in his own end that could end up costly mistakes here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
The lesson here imo is that we need all of our picks to be an effective franchise. I dont like trading picks away because we, as an organization, have invested so much resources, man power and time into our scouting staff that every pick has a chance to be something special. No sense to give that away for guys like Dominic Moore and James Wisneiwski (although I really liked both of them, if we are going to give assets to get them we need to sign them!).
I don't think the lesson here needs to be that all our picks have to be effective, since that's just an un-realistic approach and imo not necessary. The Habs in the past have had their fair share of trouble with asset management among other things, so improvement there would be great to see but one can also see why those picks were moved. In hindsight it won't look as wise but at the time when you are trying to make the playoffs gms sometimes make rash moves since making the playoffs or advancing further will likely help their career in the future.

Going forward, I don't see why management can't trade picks, if they get good value for them or are a part of a package that improves the Habs. To me, whatever it takes to improve the Habs, trade any asset for the right price/return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Shame, I heard he was the most improved prospect of the habs this year, he's also 6'4" now. Was really hoping to see him make the club, he is/was our biggest forward prospect. I was hoping for him to develop to another late-round European gem :/
I would say that Nygren, Dietz or Dumont should be the most improved prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Too funny, Nattinen is almost 2 years younger than Quailer, and you think it's especially too early for Quailer, should be the other way around.

Nattinen played well in Hamilton, he's just getting injured too often. Hopefully he can be injury free next year and prove the naysayers on this board wrong.
I like Nattinen more then Quailer, although I don't have much hope for either at this point although i'm willing to see what both can do next year since they will be playing for a contract.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post

Quailer was an AHL rookie last year and the jump from Hockey-East to the AHL was much more important than Nattinen's, who had considerable SM-Liiga exposure before coming over 2 years ago.

He might not have much upside but the combination of size and speed should make him a very good bottom line winger eventually.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
No Team Needed

Is he saying disgusting as a positive or a negative? I can't even tell anymore. I'm old.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Is he saying disgusting as a positive or a negative? I can't even tell anymore. I'm old.
In this context I believe he means terrible.

Quite the hyperbole.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:43 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

I don't understand why people say it's a shame..? Pribyl will never become an NHL player anyway. I don't think that any other NHL team will be interested in him.

HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
I don't understand why people say it's a shame..? Pribyl will never become an NHL player anyway. I don't think that any other NHL team will be interested in him.
How much difference do you actually see between him and, say, former 1st round pick Tomas Hertl? Enough to consider one a prospect with potential, and the other with no chance at the NHL? 12 goals/22 points vs 18 goals/30 points playing against the same men, and only a year between them age-wise. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a younger player than either of them with more points in the entire Czech Extraliga, and it's hardly the crap league we used to assume.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
JPGoHabsGo

I think its better not to commit to him for 3 years and add to our contract limit. Maybe a different team can take a flier on him.

JPGoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:01 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Beaulieu has more high end upside than Saad. making it to the NHL quicker doesn't mean he will be better in 3-4 years.
Thats your opinion, still Saad was considered top5 the whole year before his injury... Not blaming Timmins as lot of teams also passed on him in the first round, yes Saad had his problems but Beaulieu has his too.

I know that it will take time to develop Beaulieu but Im not sold on him and thats my opinion. I really hope he proves me wrong.

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think Quailer's rookie season is not quite the time to give up on him. I say by his 3rd season he better be earning call-ups or you can say he's officially a bust.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:01 PM
niftymove

I would have like to see both Archambault and Pribyl at least one year in Hamilton to see them play in a NA major hockey league.

But MB make great effort this year to build a strong back-office. If his staff evaluated both players and think they dont earn a contract, then it is fine with me.

That means they think we will find better players soon and they don't keep useless players...this is good asset management.

niftymove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:05 PM
ChoseLa

Prybil was interesting but he suffers from skating deficit disorder.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote