HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL thread: Esks in camp

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
chrisj

vCash: 500
"Impossible to host Grey Cup without re-build"

Not impossible at all. Some members of the press will just wine about it. They might have to be out in the cold for the game... just like everyone else. Boo hoo.

Old
06-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Kyle Koch is gone! Finally!

http://www.esks.com/article/Esks-release-june-one

Old
06-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
**** yeah!!!

I have new found faith trickling in. Easily the biggest sign yet that mediocre will be unacceptable and that the team will look beyond guys that just say all the right things and act the part while sucking on the field.

Amazed it took this long but glory glory in anycase. I think I'll do the happy dance...

Old
06-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 8m
Edmonton downtown arena designers please note. New Winnipeg football stadium botched press box. Impossible to host Grey Cup without re-build
lol Impossible to hold a grey cup because of a "botched press box"?

Sounds like a whiney old media man to me.

And when the Oilers put a bid in to host the Grey Cup I hope they take note.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:21 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 8m
Edmonton downtown arena designers please note. New Winnipeg football stadium botched press box. Impossible to host Grey Cup without re-build
did they not make the doorways big enough for him or can it not support the added weight of out of town broadcasters?

Old
06-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
**** yeah!!!

I have new found faith trickling in. Easily the biggest sign yet that mediocre will be unacceptable and that the team will look beyond guys that just say all the right things and act the part while sucking on the field.

Amazed it took this long but glory glory in anycase. I think I'll do the happy dance...
agreed. other than the QB position, he was the worst player on the field last year, and should have been gone before tillman.

it's a good sign.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Good riddance. I could not handle watching him last year. Least athletic player on the roster.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:12 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
did they not make the doorways big enough for him or can it not support the added weight of out of town broadcasters?
No toilets on that level, and no elevators either.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Kyle McMahon

Koch had a bad year after being moved out of his original position. Everyone craps on him, but I think he should have at least been given a chance to play for his job in training camp. Canadian O-lineman don't grow on trees, cutting one outright is an interesting move. Why not move him back to his original position where he was pretty decent for a couple of years? I guess they have someone who they think is better, lets hope he is.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:29 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Koch had a bad year after being moved out of his original position. Everyone craps on him, but I think he should have at least been given a chance to play for his job in training camp. Canadian O-lineman don't grow on trees, cutting one outright is an interesting move. Why not move him back to his original position where he was pretty decent for a couple of years? I guess they have someone who they think is better, lets hope he is.
this is my thinking as well... koch at center was a disaster, i think we all agree on that... but at guard he was at least average.... i don't know that we have another canadian olineman ready to step in and take his place... maybe pasztor is being released from jacksonville? lol, yeah i know, not a chance

Old
06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
I am the Liquor

Koch was garbage. People should be dancing in the streets, not lamenting his loss.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Hasn't Koch been Center for a few years now? My memory could be letting me down.

We've been weak at Center for a longtime imo. But never worse than seeing Koch in that position.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

This Ricky Ray contract extension and "best QB in the league" talk is reigniting my annoyance with the Toronto media (and Tillman).

By some accounts Ray's new deal makes him the richest QB in the league again.

Old
06-02-2013, 02:01 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Koch was garbage. People should be dancing in the streets, not lamenting his loss.
Who's lamenting his loss? Koch was a great guy in the room (apparently) but he flat-out couldn't play center. Calling him garbage is harsh. I hope he catches on as a back-up somewhere.

Old
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Who's lamenting his loss? Koch was a great guy in the room (apparently) but he flat-out couldn't play center. Calling him garbage is harsh. I hope he catches on as a back-up somewhere.
Not saying anything about his personality. As a center he was a turnstile. Easily our worst O-lineman on team that had a terrible line. The team threw him away without any trade or possible return. That is the definition of garbage.

Old
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Not saying anything about his personality. As a center he was a turnstile. Easily our worst O-lineman on team that had a terrible line. The team threw him away without any trade or possible return. That is the definition of garbage.
I'm just not much for hanging that label on human beings who haven't committed a heinous crime. To each his own.

Koch was obviously having a lot of trouble with pass blocking and occasionally botched pistol snaps as well. He was also the defacto leader of an o-line group that didn't respond when idiot Khalif Mitchell tried to break Simeon Rottier's arm. I knew the end was near for Koch when Hervey started saying that he wanted a meaner/tougher o-line going forward.

Old
06-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Hockey Nightmare

Quote:
This Ricky Ray contract extension and "best QB in the league" talk is reigniting my annoyance with the Toronto media (and Tillman).

imo, save all the annoyance for Tillman and the Powers That Be in the Eskimos organization. They're the ones who come out looking like a joke in all this.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Hasn't Koch been Center for a few years now? My memory could be letting me down.

We've been weak at Center for a longtime imo. But never worse than seeing Koch in that position.
I'm almost certain last year was his only year at Center. As a guard he was certainly serviceable. I don't know why we wouldn't just move him back to guard.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
imo, save all the annoyance for Tillman and the Powers That Be in the Eskimos organization. They're the ones who come out looking like a joke in all this.
Without question, and I was supremely angry about the return in the Ray trade, but his current effectiveness is being blown grossly out of proportion. That's just par for the course with Toronto.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:15 PM
#ualberta

Quote:

How much is he making?

Old
06-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
How much is he making?
I'm not sure but everything that I've read seems to suggest that he's the highest paid QB again.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:13 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
I'm not sure but everything that I've read seems to suggest that he's the highest paid QB again.
Why don't cfl teams announce the value of player contracts like other sports, do you know by any chance

Old
06-03-2013, 01:29 AM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Why don't cfl teams announce the value of player contracts like other sports, do you know by any chance
Most other leagues don't, they just have media covering the league that care to know, the cfl has 2 or 3 national guys that cover them

Old
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 3m
Bad news for OL Orrin Thompson. He's out for the season with a knee injury. #Eskimos top O-lineman from last season. #CFLTC13 #yeg

Old
06-04-2013, 01:27 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 3m
Bad news for OL Orrin Thompson. He's out for the season with a knee injury. #Eskimos top O-lineman from last season. #CFLTC13 #yeg
ouch... i guess signing those 3 other import Olineman a few days ago makes a little more sense now

Closed Thread