HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Florida-Colorado

Old
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
What would it take for FLORIDA to take 1st overall and draft Jones and MacKinnon?

I'd probably say they'd have to give up Huberdeau or Gudbranson +

Old
06-02-2013, 11:02 AM
tucker3434

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Honestly, aren't Statsny + Jones basically cap dumps? Statsny is a 50-60 point player (for the last 3 years) making $6.6M while Jones is a coming off a terrible year, which was worse than his previous terrible year @ $4M.

I don't see much value in either of them making Hunwick for a pair of 2nds a really good deal.
And this mindset is pretty much why we've been listening to so many terrible offers for stastny for the past few years. "Stastny is terrible and overpaid anyway so well give you bozak and a 2nd to take him off your hands." We'll just hold on to him, thanks. I'd bet he's extended in the $5m range this summer anyway.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Honestly, aren't Statsny + Jones basically cap dumps? Statsny is a 50-60 point player (for the last 3 years) making $6.6M while Jones is a coming off a terrible year, which was worse than his previous terrible year @ $4M.

I don't see much value in either of them making Hunwick for a pair of 2nds a really good deal.

Stastny a cap dump? ah, the ignorance....

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
What would it take for FLORIDA to take 1st overall and draft Jones and MacKinnon?

I'd probably say they'd have to give up Huberdeau or Gudbranson +
No. We're not trading Huberdeau or Gudbranson. The point is to get something to go along with our core. Not start all over. We need MacKinnon to possibly play along side of Huberdeau.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
ill give up shore in a heartbeat to swap picks and ensure mackinnon for us. how many centers do we need? mackinnon, shore, bjugstad, trocheck, potentially weiss, matthias, goc.

the lottery only determines the order of the 1st round, correct? so the panthers have the 31st pick? if so, i'd do the 2nd + 31st + shore for 1st + 32nd.

as far as the main theme in this thread, theres no way we get rid of the 2nd without getting the 1st in some fashion with the avs. the only way, and i mean the only way is if duchene is included. not to stastny, no to ROR, no to landeskog, no to pa, no to additional picks and/or prospects on top of one of those 2 guys. it would have to be duchene to gauge any interest, and thats IF the avs took mackinnon #1, because if mac's on the board we just select him and be happy, if he's off the board then i'd listen on duchene.
Why include swapping the second round picks? That's not necessary.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:45 PM
A Shiny Zubat
Lurker

vCash: 50
All these proposals including David Jones to Florida. Really guys? Doing the same thing to Florida that Toronto does to us. Take out your own garbage and don't sneak it into a deal as quantity. To get Florida's first you'd need to overpay, just like any deal to get Colorado's first. I'm not saying overpay like that proposed Buffalo deal, but start with the package below, add from there with Barrie, Elliot, Sgarbossa, McGinn, and more picks. When the Avs realize it too much to move, they stand pat.

Stastny
Downie
2013 2nd
2014 1st
----

2013 1st

I don't see the Avs putting that package or more together.

A Shiny Zubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:08 PM
RockLobster
Ron hates lying...

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
All these proposals including David Jones to Florida. Really guys? Doing the same thing to Florida that Toronto does to us. Take out your own garbage and don't sneak it into a deal as quantity. To get Florida's first you'd need to overpay, just like any deal to get Colorado's first. I'm not saying overpay like that proposed Buffalo deal, but start with the package below, add from there with Barrie, Elliot, Sgarbossa, McGinn, and more picks. When the Avs realize it too much to move, they stand pat.

Stastny
Downie
2013 2nd
2014 1st
----

2013 1st

I don't see the Avs putting that package or more together.
I agree, it sure is nice to fantasize about acquiring the Top 2 picks in the NHL Draft this year, but there's really no way that the Avs are going to do it (and I argue that there's no real way any team could do it).

If there's no Duchene or Landeskog, or if O'Reilly was able to be traded, then absolutely one of those 3 would be the foundation of the deal, and then you'd have to be looking at a Top Pick combo, like a 2013 2nd round or 2014/2015 (one of those) 1st round pick.

Very steep prices to pay, but one that I would expect that Roy and Co. and Tallon to ask for when looking at dealing away a Top 2 pick.

Needless to say, it's not happening, so I'm unsure why people believe that Stastny and some cast-offs will net the 2nd overall.

You've got to choose it to lose it, so let me plug it in. Robots are my next of kin.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:15 PM
ShootIt

To ensure Florida drafts Mac, I don't mind giving up Shore for #1 overall.
Swapping picks and Shore is fine with me.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I would probably do it as an Avs fan.

I don't really know about the value but a small trade involving a swap of picks is the only realistic scenario I could see occurring, and even that both teams are much more likely to just stay put.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:35 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I would probably do it as an Avs fan.

I don't really know about the value but a small trade involving a swap of picks is the only realistic scenario I could see occurring, and even that both teams are much more likely to just stay put.
It would be kind of hard to arrange a draft pick swap using only draft picks for this season's draft. It would be fantastic if Colorado could get one of Florida's or Tampa's second rounds pick for dropping a few spots but that doesn't seem realistic.

First, there is a lot of depth in this draft, so a second rounder still has considerable value. Also, Florida doesn't own their third round pick, if they trade their second rounder they won't pick again until the 4th round (~92 overall). Tampa doesn't have their third or fourth round pick. If Tampa trades its second rounder (#33 overall) they don't pick again until the 5th round (~124th overall).

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Yup, Shore to Colorado to swap picks works for me.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 06-02-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old
06-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Chacal667

I think the Avs have enough centers, (they should draft Jones) but if they had to choose between Mackinnon and Drouin, I personnaly think that they should take Drouin, a line of Drouin Duchene Landeskog could be awesome.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I'd do Petrovic, Robak, 2014 2nd for 1st ovr. If Gudbranson + is fair that should be fair too, Petrovic is close to equal and Robak is a minor step down.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:27 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
I'd do Petrovic, Robak, 2014 2nd for 1st ovr. If Gudbranson + is fair that should be fair too, Petrovic is close to equal and Robak is a minor step down.
That isnt enough to warrant the 1st overall. Even if you change the 2014 pick to our 1st rounder, Petrovic and Robak doesnt do it, for me anyways.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:46 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

I don't really wanna give up any assets to the Avs, when we are getting Jones or MacKinnon anyway. Avs will likely take Jones, but pretend to take MacKinnon to get another asset. I don't bite, we are getting a stud any way, even though I want MacKinnon 10 times more than I want Jones.

I'd give Guds + Robak + Howden/31st for 1st overall. I like Guds, but you need to give to get.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Yup, Shore to Colorado to swap picks works for me.
Avs would do it if they decide Jones is their guy. Basically free assets.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote