HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - St.Louis

Old
06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

vCash: 500
Montreal - St.Louis

Montreal:
David Desharnais
3rd 2013 (Montreal)

St.Louis:
Chris Stewart

St.Louis receives a top 6 centre and decent pick in a very deep draft this summer.

Montreal gets a rugged winger to replace Ryder and play alongside Eller on the second line.

subbang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:10 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Montreal:
David Desharnais
3rd 2013 (Montreal)

St.Louis:
Chris Stewart

St.Louis receives a top 6 centre and decent pick in a very deep draft this summer.

Montreal gets a rugged winger to replace Ryder and play alongside Eller on the second line.
I don't know how many times it has to be stated but Desharnais will never play center in St Louis. He lacks the size and defensive ability to play center for St Louis. Andy McDonald was switched to wing for this very reason.

So at best Desharnais would be a winger in St Louis. We are not going to trade Stewart for someone that would play wing in St Louis. The Blues need a #1 center not depth players. The Blues have Backes and Berglund as center currently as well. We are also most likely going to sign Lehtera to come over and play our 3rd line center spot.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Very easy no from the Blues perspective. As HooliganX2 says, we have no need for Desharnais with Backes, Berglund, Lehterä and Sobotka.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:16 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Montreal:
David Desharnais
3rd 2013 (Montreal)

St.Louis:
Chris Stewart

Why would the Blues trade their best forward this year for a guy like Desharnais?????

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Domino11

I can see where he's going with is offer but it not enough for Stewart .. Even do he is rfa !! Will Stewart demand 5+ mil per ?? Can stl afford him at 5+ ?? Desharnais would play center in stl and my gess would be that he would center Stewart ... Desharnais as a great vision and is a great passer .. If u put him with 2 big forward he will put up 60 point + exactly what he did with pacio and cole last year ! The thing is that St. Louis ain't big at wing in their top 6 !! I can see something around Perron vs desharnais but not Stewart .. But I would love Stewart he's exactly what we need in mtl

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:39 PM
FanHabtic

That offer is borderline trolling. Sorry Blues fans.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:49 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I don't know how many times it has to be stated but Desharnais will never play center in St Louis. He lacks the size and defensive ability to play center for St Louis. Andy McDonald was switched to wing for this very reason.

So at best Desharnais would be a winger in St Louis. We are not going to trade Stewart for someone that would play wing in St Louis. The Blues need a #1 center not depth players. The Blues have Backes and Berglund as center currently as well. We are also most likely going to sign Lehtera to come over and play our 3rd line center spot.
Desharnais would be beyond useless, so if your not going to use him at centre, better off not using him. but Hitch used Sobotka at centre who is small, so if somehow DD was a Blues, I don't think Hitch would have an issue playing him at centre who 2 big bodies.

This value isn't there at all in this trade, if St Louis is going to trade Stewart its most likely going to be for good cheap players, maybe players that should be breaking into the league on ELC.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:59 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Desharnais would be beyond useless, so if your not going to use him at centre, better off not using him. but Hitch used Sobotka at centre who is small, so if somehow DD was a Blues, I don't think Hitch would have an issue playing him at centre who 2 big bodies.

This value isn't there at all in this trade, if St Louis is going to trade Stewart its most likely going to be for good cheap players, maybe players that should be breaking into the league on ELC.
Sobotka is great defensively not soft like DD. There is such a huge difference between those two. Hitchcock does not play defensive liabilities at center. Andy McDonald was pulled from playing center due to size and lack of defensive ability. Do you honestly think if Hitchcock would not play McDonald at center he would consider DD at center?

By the way Sobotka is 5'10 197 lbs. DD is 5'7 177 lbs that is a pretty big difference in size.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Sobotka is great defensively not soft like DD. There is such a huge difference between those two. Hitchcock does not play defensive liabilities at center. Andy McDonald was pulled from playing center due to size and lack of defensive ability. Do you honestly think if Hitchcock would not play McDonald at center he would consider DD at center?

By the way Sobotka is 5'10 197 lbs. DD is 5'7 177 lbs that is a pretty big difference in size.
Fair point, but my main point is that IF the Blues were to trade for DD it would be to place centre, because he would be beyond useless on the wing.

Old
06-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Fair point, but my main point is that IF the Blues were to trade for DD it would be to place centre, because he would be beyond useless on the wing.
It's a bit of a catch 22. DD needs to play center to be effective, but he won't play center for the Blues because of his lack of size and defensive ability. DD would have to play wing, but he's not effective on the wing.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
This is awful for St.Louis. Value wise and needs wise. Desharnais isn't nearly enough to get a player like Stewart and he also doesn't fit the style of play in St.Louis.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
It's a bit of a catch 22. DD needs to play center to be effective, but he won't play center for the Blues because of his lack of size and defensive ability. DD would have to play wing, but he's not effective on the wing.
Yup, and if your going to use him as a winger, why not just re-sign Stewart, Stewart probably is going to cost 5M per year on a long term contract.

Stewart at 5M> 3.5M for DD to play wing.

And like I said in my op, if the Blues were going to trade Stewart because they don't want to pay him, I would guess they would be looking for nhl ready prospects on ELC.

I guess a trade for Stewart to Mtl would be something around, a 1st round pick and Kristo