HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:

Old
06-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
The (understandable) extra day between games seemed to throw the Barons off.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:38 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
4-0 Final. GRG get dominated 40-28 on the shot clock, but young blue-chipper Mrazek gets it done between the pipes. Solid contributions by newcomers Nyquist and Andersson to get a lead, and the GRG execute their system to a tee to get the victory.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The addition's of Nyquist/Andersson spell the end for OKC.

And with Dekeyser soon to enter the fold, they're likely favorites for the AHL championship.
I understand the optimism, but Detroit's prospects aren't world-beaters. And the Syracuse team they'd be up against are the defending AHL champions who have lost a total of ONE game in the playoffs thus far.

So I'd hold off on calling Grand Rapids the favorites.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Any word on when Lander might return?
As far as I know he hasn't even resumed skating yet. They said he is still a ways away on Wedneaday, so I'd expect him to be out for the remainder of the series sadly.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:53 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Regardless who comes out of the West, I see Syracuae as the favorite. Should Grand Rapids move on I won't have a problem rooting for them though. Classy organization who have gone above & beyond to help Oklahoma out.

Nyquist and Andersson definitely change the dynamic of the series, but I think the OKC losing 2 of their center men in House & Lander, who both are monumental on the PK, also makes this much tougher.
Be careful, Jimmi Jenkins is gonna come after you for praising that organization!

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:54 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
I understand the optimism, but Detroit's prospects aren't world-beaters. And the Syracuse team they'd be up against are the defending AHL champions who have lost a total of ONE game in the playoffs thus far.

So I'd hold off on calling Grand Rapids the favorites.
No kidding. The Crunch are ridiculously strong. TBL has some strong youngsters ready to emerge soon. Panik, Connolly, and that late-round pick Palat. What a stud of a 7th rounder.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 05:10 PM
40oz

Fedun and Davidson are getting some serious praise right now. Playing as the shutdown pair against Nyquist and Andersson.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

2-0 Griffins in the 2nd period. It's not looking good for the Barons.

Old
06-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

3-0 Griffins at the start of the 3rd. Our goal scoring has completely dried up after going on a torrid pace.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Man, brutal turnaround for the Barons. Up 2-1 in the series just yesterday... down 3-2 in the series now.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
As far as I know he hasn't even resumed skating yet. They said he is still a ways away on Wedneaday, so I'd expect him to be out for the remainder of the series sadly.
Edit: must've improved this week. He started skating and is making the trip to Grand Rapids, possible he could play game 6.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Edit: must've improved this week. He started skating and is making the trip to Grand Rapids, possible he could play game 6.
Thanks, it sounds like they sure could use him. Are guys like Arco and Rajala not getting chances? Or is GR's goalie just playing really well? It seems like our lack of offensive players at the AHL level is rearing its ugly head again.

06-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Toydarian

0/6 PP and 37 shots

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:28 AM
McClelland

vCash: 50
Quote:
In swedish media are Lander back on ice and might be ready to play on wednesday. Maybe to shut down Nyqvist?

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 04:16 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
In swedish media are Lander back on ice and might be ready to play on wednesday. Maybe to shut down Nyqvist?
Yea I had an update a few posts later that he started skating and will be makin the trip, possible he could play on Tuesday. If today was any indication Nelson seemed to try to match the Green/Vande Velde/Pitlick line against the Nyquist/Andersson/Tatar line. That 3rd line for the Barons is real heavy, could wear down taking the body to GR's studs.

Lander will without a doubt have to be responsible helping shutting them down on the PK though. Lander will hopefully jump start some offense with his return (hopeful) return. Without a doubt he will be back with Rajala and Hartikainen & hopefully they pick up right where they left off when Anton went down.

Old
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks, it sounds like they sure could use him. Are guys like Arco and Rajala not getting chances? Or is GR's goalie just playing really well? It seems like our lack of offensive players at the AHL level is rearing its ugly head again.
Actually thought OKC played pretty well despite the losses. The Griffins basically got a new first line back and Mrazek played very well. The Griffins lineup is the same it was (only without Smith) before they ripped the Barons 5-0 earlier this year with all their studs down. Nyquist and Andersson are a very big deal at this level and Mrazek is in one of his hot stretches, he is very tough to beat when he is on.

Griffins have blown their first chance to advance in both their previous series, this thing might go seven if it does DeKeyser also might draw in as he reported today and is skating with the team now.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 06:31 PM
McClelland

Quote:
Yea I had an update a few posts later that he started skating and will be makin the trip, possible he could play on Tuesday. If today was any indication Nelson seemed to try to match the Green/Vande Velde/Pitlick line against the Nyquist/Andersson/Tatar line. That 3rd line for the Barons is real heavy, could wear down taking the body to GR's studs.

Lander will without a doubt have to be responsible helping shutting them down on the PK though. Lander will hopefully jump start some offense with his return (hopeful) return. Without a doubt he will be back with Rajala and Hartikainen & hopefully they pick up right where they left off when Anton went down.
Sry missed that post! Great to have oilers prospect playing hockey in june! Great experience too!

How about Hartikainen ? seems to find his game in Ahl but has been a bit slow up with the oilers, Have seen him making great games a couple of years ago with Gags,Omark and Paajarvi. I havent seen him enough though but his footspeed to make the hits and or timing has been missing a bit up with oilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXdf6bcWIJw

Last edited by McClelland: 06-03-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: link
McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Actually thought OKC played pretty well despite the losses. The Griffins basically got a new first line back and Mrazek played very well. The Griffins lineup is the same it was (only without Smith) before they ripped the Barons 5-0 earlier this year with all their studs down. Nyquist and Andersson are a very big deal at this level and Mrazek is in one of his hot stretches, he is very tough to beat when he is on.

Griffins have blown their first chance to advance in both their previous series, this thing might go seven if it does DeKeyser also might draw in as he reported today and is skating with the team now.
As you say, OKC definitely didn't play bad. They had a lot of chances but just had no finish. Shot a lot good chances that missed the net, and GR blocks a ton of shots. OKC had a 5 min. Lapse and sure enough that was enough to dig a 3-0 hole. All the goals were preventable and mistakes by the Barons. Bad turnover first, Green lost his man chasing the puck in the defensive zone on that SH goal, and the 3rd goal was set up by one of the frequent visits to the sin bin by Ben Eager as well as one of the Barons pkers taking himself out of the play whining to the ref looking for a penalty.

OKC has done it the hard way all season. They had to claw to get into the playoffs, come from behind in the Charlotte series, so they usually respond when they have their backs against the wall - lets see if that continues and they force a game 7.

Old
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM
doulos

Tied 1-1 late in the first. Finally scored a goal, so there's that!

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
belair

Stream?

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 07:50 PM
doulos

Down 3-1 now. Barring some kind of crazy comeback they are done.

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Kayen
Dubnykov

3-2 with about 6 minutes left in the third... let's see if OKC can pull back in...

Kayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Rajala just tied it up with 2 minutes to go.

Old
GreatKeith

And now they lead.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soli
Supervision Required