HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Teddy Purcell or Brett Connolly

Old
05-01-2013, 02:51 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
The problem is you can say this about Panik, Connolly and Kucherov all three offer elite talent and could all be first liners in a few years, but this team already has 5 great players in their top6 (Purcell, MSL, SS91, VL4, Killorn) and has Malone, Pouliot, Johnson, Palat that are/ will all be able to play in a top6 role and would be on most teams.
That's 11 guys capable of playing in the top6, of course this is as good as a "problem" can be, but I would prefer one of Kucherov, Connolly or Panik to get us a great defender. Johnson and Palat don't have enough talent to bring us a high-end talented defender and are very good shutdown forwards so I would prefer to have them in the org.
I bet my money, that at least 1, maybe 2 of Purcell, Connolly, Panik, Malone and Pouliot will not be on the team next year.
You forgot to add Drouin. After scoring 2 ppg, I don't think Tampa Bay risks letting him stagnate in the Q next year.

Anyway, if anyone should be traded it should be Purcell. His trade value is maximized. Like JVR, you might get a Luke Schenn for Connolly which isn't bad, but his return would be greater once he's more of a proven asset.

He's also a good utility player; more than just a good scorer. IMO Tampa Bay would be better off keeping him, and look to move Purcell instead, or some other proven veteran.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
The thing with Purcell is...

Ugh, he's probably the guy with the most value, but he's also a great talent. Remember when Tampa couldn't enter the zone on the PP? That isn't a problem anymore... we just give the puck to Teddy and he gets it in every time. Man... I don't know. I'd much rather get rid of Connolly.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post

Ugh, he's probably the guy with the most value, but he's also a great talent. Remember when Tampa couldn't enter the zone on the PP? That isn't a problem anymore... we just give the puck to Teddy and he gets it in every time. Man... I don't know. I'd much rather get rid of Connolly.
One night we will regret to not trade him because he is useless the next night he is our best player and everybody will say thank god we kept him.
That's how it will be next season.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:

Purcell does have the uncanny ability to get the puck in, something that has been oddly absent from TB.

That said, I'm confident Jonny Dangles will dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge all defenders during PP zone entry.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:29 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Something around Carl Gunnarsson and Brett Connolly?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Something around Carl Gunnarsson and Brett Connolly?
That's interesting. I think Toronto has to add maybe a 3rd or 4th to make it even, but I don't hate that idea. He's pretty steady on the backend, right? As in, a stay at home, mistake free type of player.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
The problem is you can say this about Panik, Connolly and Kucherov all three offer elite talent and could all be first liners in a few years, but this team already has 5 great players in their top6 (Purcell, MSL, SS91, VL4, Killorn) and has Malone, Pouliot, Johnson, Palat that are/ will all be able to play in a top6 role and would be on most teams.
That's 11 guys capable of playing in the top6, of course this is as good as a "problem" can be, but I would prefer one of Kucherov, Connolly or Panik to get us a great defender. Johnson and Palat don't have enough talent to bring us a high-end talented defender and are very good shutdown forwards so I would prefer to have them in the org.
I bet my money, that at least 1, maybe 2 of Purcell, Connolly, Panik, Malone and Pouliot will not be on the team next year.
I wouldnt say Palat, Pouliot and Johnson are players that would play in the top 6. If they can, then they are a pretty terrible team. Even if Palat and Johnson play well, they top out at 30-45 point third line-second line tweeners.

I like the idea of a Mcnabb for Connolly swap. Both are players that are on the cusp of the NHL, and both are top 5 team prospects.

Mcnabb hits hard and well. A little slower, but plays lines generally well. Sometimes takes himself out of position to line up a hit, but not a ton

I think it's a good 1 for 1 hockey trade.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
That's interesting. I think Toronto has to add maybe a 3rd or 4th to make it even, but I don't hate that idea. He's pretty steady on the backend, right? As in, a stay at home, mistake free type of player.
He isn't worth Connolly. Pass. He's a #4/#5. Not physical and doesn't produce points

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
I wouldnt say Palat, Pouliot and Johnson are players that would play in the top 6. If they can, then they are a pretty terrible team. Even if Palat and Johnson play well, they top out at 30-45 point third line-second line tweeners.

I like the idea of a Mcnabb for Connolly swap. Both are players that are on the cusp of the NHL, and both are top 5 team prospects.

Mcnabb hits hard and well. A little slower, but plays lines generally well. Sometimes takes himself out of position to line up a hit, but not a ton

I think it's a good 1 for 1 hockey trade.
TJ won the AHL MVP and produced despite limited ice time. He'll be a scoring forward. Pouliot is absolutely a scoring forward as well. At 13 minutes of ice time, he would have averaged 50 points in a normal season. Agreed about Palat. He's a good young NHL ready forward but his skill set is more suited for a third line role.

Old
05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
I'd do Gunnarsson + 3rd round pick 2014 for Brett Connolly. And yeah, defensive defenseman with a steady game.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:20 AM
sully1410
#VinegarStrokes

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

What are we proposing for, the third overall pick? This is terrible.

I'd suggest Bolts look at getting Coburn for cheaper or Myers for more expensive.
That is actually not bad for Colorado. Maybe a tad steep, but that's good.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:08 AM
markisonfire

Connolly for Muzzin+?

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:54 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

I'm one of those few Yotes fans that would consider Gormley for Connolly, but if Bolts fans seem to be interested in McNabb for Connolly, don't really understand how they can not be interested in Stone for Connolly as well, especially since Stone is similar to McNabb - a little smaller, but still physical and with more NHL experience (and production).

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
I'm one of those few Yotes fans that would consider Gormley for Connolly, but if Bolts fans seem to be interested in McNabb for Connolly, don't really understand how they can not be interested in Stone for Connolly as well, especially since Stone is similar to McNabb - a little smaller, but still physical and with more NHL experience (and production).
We are interested in stone. Not sure if he is worth Connolly 1-1 but I could see those as the two main pieces

Old
06-02-2013, 07:05 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Carl Gunnarsson, Jesse Blacker for Brett Connolly, Cédric Paquette.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:07 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
We are interested in stone. Not sure if he is worth Connolly 1-1 but I could see those as the two main pieces
Would Stone + a 2nd be enough?

Old
06-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Doesn't BC have injury problems?

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:41 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Doesn't BC have injury problems?
In 2009-2010 he had a major hip injury that caused him to miss much of the WHL season. Other than that, Connolly has been pretty healthy.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:01 AM
garmonbozia

Quote:
I would trade Connolly for Stone + 2nd. Wouldn't Phoenix prefer the Panik for Stone trade you've previously proposed, that many Lightning fans were also amenable to, as it doesn't cost an extra 2nd?

Connolly + 2nd or X for Stone and Rundblad?

Where X could be one of Panik, Purcell, Pouliot, Palat, Pyatt, Tyrell, TJohnson, JTBrown, Lindback...etc. (we're flexible)

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:07 AM
BondraEra

Connolly is a C right? Would the Capitals need to give up?

BondraEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Bieksa for Purcell

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Alivesi

Connolly has too much potential to trade him honestly. I'd rather give up Purcell.

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Your deal is Fayne for Purcell... Helps out both teams and fills needs. If other pieces need to be add then i am sure it could be figured out.

Fayne a RHD he can be physical and has great stick work. He is the kind of Dman that you will go games without noticing because he is doing everything right. He is big and tall helps with his reach. In my eyes this deal almost makes to much sense.

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
Your deal is Fayne for Purcell... Helps out both teams and fills needs. If other pieces need to be add then i am sure it could be figured out.

Fayne a RHD he can be physical and has great stick work. He is the kind of Dman that you will go games without noticing because he is doing everything right. He is big and tall helps with his reach. In my eyes this deal almost makes to much sense.
Fayne is the guy I really want. I think he fits perfectly.

I'd prefer it if the Devils added, though, as I think Purcell's value is pretty damn high and they'd be drooling with a guy with his hands and vision playing with Kovy. mid 2nd or early 3rd would get me to do it.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Fayne is the guy I really want. I think he fits perfectly.

I'd prefer it if the Devils added, though, as I think Purcell's value is pretty damn high and they'd be drooling with a guy with his hands and vision playing with Kovy. mid 2nd or early 3rd would get me to do it.
We have a high 2nd and no 3rd ... I am not sure what they would add either a pick somewhere or an additional player like a mid tier prospect or something but as i said once the frame work and 2 players was decided i am sure the rest would be easy.

But i think this does fit the best for both teams.

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote