HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comments like this make me wanna puke

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 05:34 PM
SerbianEagle

vCash: 500
Comments like this make me wanna puke

So I wonder over to CP to check whats hapening in the Oilers gameday thread they seem to start Oilers GD thread at Calgarypuck
and what do i see. I see the following:

Quote:
Hey I have an idea. Maybe when they lose thier NHL team maybe we can put our AHL affiliate there. Wouldn't that be a nice constant reminder or the BOA days.
Now I can't understand all the "its good as long as Canadian teams win", I say screw it, because of comments like that.

Old
01-04-2004, 05:39 PM
momentai

Honestly, I couldn't care less what they think or say... A lot of the posters there are pretty bitter when it comes to things Edmonton. Personally, I don't have a quarter of the animosity towards them whatsoever.

I think it's nice they care so much... I barely even think about them.

Old
01-04-2004, 05:50 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai

I think it's nice they care so much... I barely even think about them.
Lol, that's the greatest way to treat their crap.

Old
01-04-2004, 05:53 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Nice to see Captain Craig make that thread...I will be sure to bring that up to them at CP when the Oil finish ahead of the Flames this year.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:05 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
Nice to see Captain Craig make that thread...I will be sure to bring that up to them at CP when the Oil finish ahead of the Flames this year.
Haha... I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that this year. I think Calgary is going to stay ahead.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:11 PM
elphy101

Hey be happy for Calgary.

They one get to finish ahead of the Oilers once every seven years or so. Let them enjoy it. Their team has been so bad for so long, they should get to rub it in on the rare occasion that they are ahead.

But then again, I think calgary could fall pretty fast. Without Kiprusoff(out 4-6 weeks), this teams weaknesses will be exposed. It's back to Mcllenan and Sabourin.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
icarus

That was just one bad apple, and most of us think it was an idiotic statement. Every board has its village idiot... even Oiler boards.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
gretzky2kurri

Exactly, be happy for Calgary. Be patient with their fans.

They haven't had alot of practice with being humble.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Slats432

The opposite of love isn't hate...it is indifference.

The care meter for Calgary Puck? Zero.

But I will always share my thoughts on the Flames.....

Old
01-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

LOL, I heard the guy that started that thread sprained his home row finger while typing about the Oilers with so much animosity built up, he will be out for 6-8 weeks. He then called up his son from the basement to fill in for him, and his son who was epileptic, went into a seizure when he turned the screen on. Looks like Calgary Puck will be a little bleak down the middle. Anyone know what Cliff Ronning's WPM (words per minute) is???

Mowzie- "If a girl slaps you, it means she loves you."

Old
01-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Oilers Hockey

Here's the deal with calgarypuck:

This was actually said (I'm paraphrasing) on CrygaryCemetary, they were all having a healthy discussion about Hemsky getting a career-ending injury. They discussed this filth on Oilfans and it almost started a war. It's this kind of garbage that gives Calgarypuck absolutely ZERO credibility.

Also, I notice that they like to whine and moan when an Oiler fan starts a thread (like this) back at their rats nest, but a typical day at CalgaryPuck is a day when the first page has 1 Oiler thread for every 3 Flames threads. I'm not kidding and its actually pretty disturbing. A Flames thread will pop up on an Oiler board maybe once a month...at Calgarypuck they discuss the Oilers almost as much as the Flames. Scary, eh?

They also post alot of stuff from other boards about the Flames so they can sigh with relief that people are actually talking about them - they're starved for attention - but they are pretty obsessive about the Oilers. Of course when you call them out on it, they'll say "Duh, it's a rivalry!" but we know better. They're like creepy stalkers there.

Calgarypuck is a joke. Truly one of the worst boards I've ever seen, so don't take anything from there seriously, it's only a bunch of disturbed and bitter Flames fans with traits of serial killers, who post there. They remind me of the ratty kids from your school days who constantly smelled like B.O., at least thats the image I have of them considering the vile trash thats spewed there.

Besides, let them snicker that Oiler fans "live in the 80's". We all know it's only fans of teams with zero tradition and history who use that as an excuse to make themselves feel better about the sorry state of their team. Fans who say that are insane with rage that the Oilers are one of the most storied teams in NHL history.

As for feeling good about their success, I could never, ever cheer for them. I hope they miss the playoffs by 1 point so they won't get a respectable draft pick. They could miss the playoffs for the rest of the NHL's existance and I wouldn't feel one iota sorry for them.

Last edited by Oilers Hockey: 01-04-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old
01-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

at least us Oil fans get to live in a whole decade (the 80's), they can only live in the 89's.

Old
01-05-2004, 01:01 AM
Cain

You guys are idiots. Seriously, I have not seen such exaggerated garbage before.

One poster 'jokingly' suggested that Hemsky got an injury (not sure if it was career ending or not) and all the OTHER posters jumped on him, told him it was classless, that it was plain wrong.

Again, the guy who talked about the oilers folding and calgary getting an affiliate in the AHL in edmonton also got jumped on and told that it was unacceptable, and wrong.

You guys take single posts that are out of line (and CP thinks that they are out of line too) and generalize a whole site with it. Idiotic.

Every site gets a few stupid posts and a few out of line posters...but don't generalize a whole board by those few posts.

Old
01-05-2004, 05:30 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
to be honest guys i cant see the problem with those childish type of boards since it keeps that crap type of posting off HF. a lot of the Calgary posters here are sensible people and whats the point of digging the crap off of CalgaryPuck and bringing it here especially when half of the Calgary fans on HF condone it anyway?

I couldn't care less if the Flames finished higher than us (unless they are 8th and were 9th ) i want both Albertan teams to make the postseason!

Old
01-05-2004, 05:38 AM
Slats432

I agree, if the yo-yos want to post at puck and keep it away from here, I am all for it. The Calgary Flames fans at HF are mostly first rate.

And Cain, as per your defense of puck, when you start your post with "You guys are idiots." you just prove what we are talking about. Now run along.

Old
01-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Cain

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
I agree, if the yo-yos want to post at puck and keep it away from here, I am all for it. The Calgary Flames fans at HF are mostly first rate.

And Cain, as per your defense of puck, when you start your post with "You guys are idiots." you just prove what we are talking about. Now run along.
Sorry buddy, but its the truth.

You guys are taking two posts that occurred over the period of several months, were both attacked by members of the board and said to be unacceptable, and trying to make it sound like it is the norm on CP. That IS idiotic.

You can do that with any board, take 1 or 2 select posts and pretend that that is all the board has to offer. Go ahead. Do that.

But the bottom line is that it is idiotic.

Old
01-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Oilers Hockey

So did you link this thread to cp yet?

Old
01-05-2004, 12:52 PM
amazing_oilers

Check out this column with some nice Flame bashing...

http://www.thescore.ca/new_site/cont...sp?columnID=13

Old
01-05-2004, 02:19 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
ok guys im gonna close this as its pointless i can see this erupt into war so im not going to even let it get there.

Leave CalgaryPuck alone if childish posters want to be childish then they have the right to do it at CP, making comments about them won't bring anything reasonable to any discussion other than fan bashing

Closed Thread