HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: 07/10/06 Montreal @ Toronto 7PM EST RDS,CBC

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Seeing how we keep losing important faceoffs, it seems true that there's some basic things you can't teach. Can't believe with Carbo and Jarvis, two of the greatest faceoffs guys, that we can't find a way to win more faceoffs.....

Old
10-07-2006, 06:48 PM
KaptainKourage*

Latendresse, Kovalev and Samsonov all look better.
Markov is Mr. Invisible so far.
Plekanec.. I dont know if he's enough mature to play with those two stars... I think maybe Johnson would be a better fit there, I really dont know ... maybe Latendresse/Perezhogin-Johnson/Bonk-Kovalev line
Aebi do well
Dandenault take stupid penalty
Komi is more confidence

Old
10-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlako11 View Post
Off-topic...

For those that saw that Fed-ex commercial "Canada to Germany"

HILARIOUS!!! lol
Yea, it's funny, but they copied the old IBM ads who looked and sounded exactly the same..

and the refs are trying to steal the show i think. That 2nd penalty was total bullcrap. Everytime someone falls it's a penalty now

Old
10-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not being pessimist but Niniimaa is Brisebois. Brisebois wasn't that bad, but when he was, it seems that a scoring chance was always created because of his mistake.

On that play, great backcheck by Niniimaa.....and then gave the puck away to Steen with a great scoring chance.....Let's just hope that it's rust, if not he's not going to be a favorite....
Man give it a rest..... its the second game of the season and the typical Hab fan is all over Janne.... who would you rather have back there Traverse? Janne isnt playing that bad tonight

Old
10-07-2006, 06:50 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
And by James Blunt I meant Andrei Markov
Mr.Bean.

Old
10-07-2006, 06:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not being pessimist but Niniimaa is Brisebois. Brisebois wasn't that bad, but when he was, it seems that a scoring chance was always created because of his mistake.

On that play, great backcheck by Niniimaa.....and then gave the puck away to Steen with a great scoring chance.....Let's just hope that it's rust, if not he's not going to be a favorite....
Oh come on. Geez, you have to be THE most pessimistic, dramatic poster here. Last night: "Huet was horrible". Tonight: "Niinimaa = Brisebois. Signing Samsonov was a mistake. We can't win faceoffs.". Give it a rest, will you? Try and enjoy the game for a change.

I thought we sagged a lot in the middle of the period but regained form near the end (until the penalty). The Leafs are spending almost the entire 2 minutes of their PPs in our zone and that's going to spell trouble if we don't stay out of the box.

Old
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yea, it's funny, but they copied the old IBM ads who looked and sounded exactly the same..

and the refs are trying to steal the show i think. That 2nd penalty was total bullcrap. Everytime someone falls it's a penalty now
the 2nd one?

did you see the 1st call?

THAT IS NOT A PENALTY..!! CBC PRO LEAF buddy commentators said it themselves...how can you not be allowed to stop a player from getting between you and the boards?

Old
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
what a bs call.
lol yeah, tucker hits pleks, fall in the net.....obstruction on pleks....that was great to see carbonneau face laughing in disbelief.

Old
10-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Not a bad first period but the Habs need to stay out of the box tonight and they will be fine....
True. It wasn't that bad after all.
-Not an Aebi's fan at all but he did a good job so far, seems more calm than he usually does.
-Love Komi's toughness and seems to put a little more offensive to his game. Though on that great pass up front, should've stop the puck and shoot after but at least he had the idea of going and that's good.
-We're seeing a Ryder without an injury and lighter and it shows. Higgins doing his job.
- Sammy is way too quiet, so is Johnson.....Perez doing his best but doesn't seem to have the greatest linemates to help him do so.
-4th line is adequate.
-D-men are a concern for me - Komisarek and sometimes Niniimaa.....

Old
10-07-2006, 06:53 PM
HF-Addict

btw. Anyone else noticed that lots of players seem to be falling on the ice ? Is the ice bad?

Old
10-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Chill out people. I'm commenting the play as I see it. Not saying they'll suck all year, that we're not going to make the playoffs, that we will have the #1 pick.

See my previous thread for the positives and you all feel better.....Geez, I didn't know it was only for positives.....

Old
10-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Koivu is looking really good this season, has a lot of jump and set up Ryder for another great scoring opportunity.

Latendresse seems a little lost our there in his own end.

Komisarek is looking very solid.

Niinimaa, getting the job done, a little nervous I think but so far nothing tooo bad.

Perez trying his hardest but the line isn't clicking just yet.

Old
10-07-2006, 06:59 PM
The CUBE

Is it me or is Coaches Corner sounds a little off. The sound is there but the lips are not moving in sync. It's kinda funny.

Old
10-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Oh come on. Geez, you have to be THE most pessimistic, dramatic poster here. Last night: "Huet was horrible". Tonight: "Niinimaa = Brisebois. Signing Samsonov was a mistake. We can't win faceoffs.". Give it a rest, will you? Try and enjoy the game for a change.

I thought we sagged a lot in the middle of the period but regained form near the end (until the penalty). The Leafs are spending almost the entire 2 minutes of their PPs in our zone and that's going to spell trouble if we don't stay out of the box.
Before judging a poster, try to get your facts straight. Never said Huet was horrible last night, said he made great saves but not the key ones and by that comment mostly responding to the anti-Theo that kept saying, and we saw them in the great anti-Theo thread, saying how he had a great 3rd period against Dallas but was beaten 2 times glove side when it counted the most so he sucked......Huet didn't suck but didn't steal the game either, great difference.........

All the other comments, and I said so, are made AS OF NOW. Some Niniimaa plays looks like Breezer not saying he will be for the rest of the year and I like Perez play and think he'll be more effective on the 2nd and don't think Sammy is a great 3rd liner....What's wrong with that????

Old
10-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

vCash: 1150
I hate it when the ref's make call that never happened ,and then let the other team get away with stuff

Don't mind me I'm just venting ,so I don't KILL SOMEONE
I think I might get sick if they keep this up

Old
10-07-2006, 07:03 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
Is it me or is Coaches Corner sounds a little off. The sound is there but the lips are not moving in sync. It's kinda funny.
I didn't notice anything unusual because I was just listening to it, but it did sound like Don Cherry was fellating himself on national tv. He's been off since the playoffs so maybe that's why his lips weren't in sync. I mean there's patting yourself on the back, but Don Cherry might need to get his shoulder popped back in after that display.

Old
10-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Judge Sauer*

I knew Cherry wouldn't say anything positive about the Habs during Coaces Corner

Old
10-07-2006, 07:04 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
I didn't notice anything unusual because I was just listening to it, but it did sound like Don Cherry was fellating himself on national tv. He's been off since the playoffs so maybe that's why his lips weren't in sync. I mean there's patting yourself on the back, but Don Cherry might need to get his shoulder popped back in after that display.
He will also have to get his head shrunk or he wont get out of the building.

Old
Mike8

What awful play by the Habs that first period.

Old
Ryan O'Byrne

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666 View Post
I think you missed the first penalty to the Leafs which was a lovely dive by Dandy. Then again your homer glasses would have missed that I guess
It looked like a trip to me ,but even if Dandy as you put it dived it still looked like a penalty .It was not like the two penalty against where it left you thinking were was the penalty.

Old
10-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Ok. I'm all positive from now on, I just re-read myself and true that it doesn't sound too good.....

Go Habs!!!!

Old
10-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Bryzga lol*

Someone please put Cherry out of his misery. His rants are so pathetic and biased.

Old
10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So now that I'm positive, I'll say it was a good call by the ref....

Old
10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
x-bob

These penalties are going to kill us against the Leafs

Old
10-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Why the hell they did Carbo use Bégin line for a faceoff in the offensive zone? Dandy took a penalty.. A bad one but his stick was there and the refs are quick to call it.

Closed Thread