HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Anyone hear of expansion/merger plans for ECHL, CHL, SPHL FOR 2013-14?

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Kapn Kaveman

vCash: 500
I do believe I hear a death rattle:

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=15119

Old
05-29-2013, 01:00 PM
IceFlyersRule

Dont Believe this website, this guys talks from his butt alot. but I do know that the CHL has taken control of the Brahmas. it was posted on the teams facebook yesterday. Id say the CHL is about to kick the bucket. the FHL not far after.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
SenorChifles

You don't believe the guy from Junior Hockey News, but yes to Facebook? Someone posted on the CHLfourms site that the post was from one of the employees who hasn't been paid. He did it out of spite. So I would not rely too much of Facebook.

Old
05-29-2013, 03:23 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

TJHN is different than JuniorHockey.com. I believe the person IFR is thinking of is Stephen Heisler with JuniorHockey.com. I'm personally not a fan of his but also have my hesitations about TJHN as well.

The post on the Brahmas Facebook saying the league has taken over the team isn't true as Senor said. It was posted by a staff member (I think I know who but if it is this person, I'm surprised they'd act this way) and was designed as a kick in the pants of the league and the "owners" to pay what is owed.

Old
05-29-2013, 05:44 PM
PCSPounder

...as if "people aren't getting paid" doesn't sound the alarms around here.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:04 PM
IceFlyersRule

Sorry maybe FB isnt the best place. But I did see it posted on facebook. Just going with what was posted. Sad to see what the Brahmas and the CHL has become. Reminds me of IHL 2.0 sorta

Old
05-30-2013, 11:46 PM
paul-laus

This is borderline ridiculous that we are one day out of June and almost nothing is settled or finalized in minor hockey. AHL still have to figure out the Peoria move. The ECHL still haven't finalized which teams are being poached from the CHL yet and their cast for next season. Almost every team in the CHL is in turmoil and the two expansion teams seem like they could be hit or miss if the league even exists. Wasn't there a 10 team minimum being bandied about for awhile for the league to continue? Federal Hockey League have 4 teams as of right now for next season.

And around and around we go. I can't believe these leagues (minus the FHL where it's the norm) seem perfectly content to have schedules, ticket sales, marketing, etc. in disarray this late into the Summer when they should be getting their act together for next season. It'd be almost laughable if the consequences weren't so dire.

Last edited by LadyStanley: 05-31-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ...
Old
06-03-2013, 07:01 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Saw this posted in a Facebook Group:

Quote:
Darryl Wolski@darrylwolski
Rapid City and Allen will play in the CHL....court decision was made on Friday chl
Court? Had no idea they were in court. So the CHL lives!

Old
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post

Darryl Wolski@darrylwolski
Rapid City and Allen will play in the CHL....court decision was made on Friday chl
Great. Was hoping some western teams could be added for next season. Guess not. Anyone know if it was the CHL who did not want them to leave or if it was the ECHL not wanting them? I don't think it would be the latter.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post

Court? Had no idea they were in court. So the CHL lives!
The Rapid City newspaper nor any other source has any verification of this (Allen and Rapid City remaining in CHL because of a legal action).

Color me unconvinced. The ECHL schedule is due out in a few weeks. We'll know then.

Old
06-03-2013, 03:08 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Great. Was hoping some western teams could be added for next season. Guess not. Anyone know if it was the CHL who did not want them to leave or if it was the ECHL not wanting them? I don't think it would be the latter.
The ECHL would welcome them. They have agreements with the CHL and depending who you ask and when you ask, you'll get different answers about the agreements of both teams. Some saying RC didn't sign a standard 10-year deal, only 5-year. Some saying RC was promised a team closer to them and tried to leave when that fell through (Casper, WY). Some saying that Allen's deal has an out clause if there are no other Texas teams.

FWIW, Wolski tweeted out Saturday night that Fort Worth would be folding.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:46 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
The Rapid City newspaper nor any other source has any verification of this (Allen and Rapid City remaining in CHL because of a legal action).

Color me unconvinced. The ECHL schedule is due out in a few weeks. We'll know then.
As I have found out here the last year the media having verification doesn't mean much because they are the last to get the necessary info. So the info could already be known to some, when the media gets said info is a different story.

FTR I don't know who Wolski is to be honest, just passed that along.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Gibbie42

From all that I've heard, the ECHL was expecting both RC and Allen and the schedule had been made to include them (from multiple team personnel on multiple teams). Hell the Colorado coach even made comments about fans renewing close rivalries this coming season. Both RC and Allen have multiple years left on their CHL contracts so apparently the CHL took them to court to enforce them. I've been looking for court records but haven't found any yet. If this is the case I'm genuinely not surprised, because this was the threat that kept them at bay last year. I'm guessing they thought they had a way out this go around.

Darryl Wolski is a hockey agent.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:49 AM
SenorChifles

From what I read on Wikipedia about him (the agent) don't know if I would believe him completely. Still have a "wait and see" attitude.
Though I have been trying to get on CHLfourms for the past half hour and I keep getting "access denied" Error 403.
Going to try later as they seem to have a little more insight on what is going on.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:40 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Never would have thought Allen, talk about being on an island...

Old
06-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Cyclones Rock

Allen has season tickets up for a 34 game home package.

Rapid City still has yet to put up anything. Its page still is selling 2012-13 season tickets.

The "tweet" says that a legal action occurred. Perhaps it was an injunction and that injunction is being challenged.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 06-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
06-05-2013, 03:39 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Allen has season tickets up for a 34 game home package.

Rapid City still has yet to put up anything. It's page still is selling 2012-13 season tickets.

The "tweet" says that a legal action occurred. Perhaps it was an injunction and that injunction is being challenged.
That would likely signify the CHL season and a preseason home game? Did the CHL season expand in length?

Old
06-16-2013, 07:12 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://centralhockeyleague.com/news/?article_id=9794

CHL changes for 2013-14.

Quote:
The Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that there will be several franchise changes heading into the 2013- 14 season with the addition of the Brampton Beast and St. Charles Chill, while the Bloomington Blaze and Fort Worth Brahmas will not play in the upcoming season.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Royalsflagrunner77

The CHL should merge with ECHL it perfectly complete the geography the map plus it would be smart instead of hanging on a dying league.

I would also like to see johnstown PA and Trenton with a echl team bring Reading our rivalry back

Old
07-26-2013, 07:57 AM
jabberoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsflagrunner77 View Post
The CHL should merge with ECHL it perfectly complete the geography the map plus it would be smart instead of hanging on a dying league.

I would also like to see johnstown PA and Trenton with a echl team bring Reading our rivalry back
There will never be an outright merger between the two leagues.

Old
07-26-2013, 11:58 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
The Bloomington Blaze, formerly known as the Bloomington Prairie Thunder, are apparently becoming the Bloomington Thunder next year.

Next year, they'll be the Bloomington Prairie Blaze, I'm sure.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:51 PM
mk80

The CHL was apparently threatening a lawsuit so Bloomington just opted to go with this "new" name and identity than battle the CHL in court.

Also while this is more for the Affiliation topic: Toronto has affiliated with the Orlando Solar Bears in the ECHL. They didn't choose to just affiliate with the new Brampton CHL franchise.

Old
07-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Royalsflagrunner77

Im wondering what the echl future plan are as to expanding

I was thinking they will look at the north western states next

Last edited by LadyStanley: 07-29-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old
07-29-2013, 06:53 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsflagrunner77 View Post
Im wondering what the echl future plan are as to expanding

I was thinking they will look at the north western states next
They're currently locked in at a max 26 teams per a BoG bylaw that was passed a few years ago, but I've got a feeling that that's mostly to just self-contain themselves in order to eventually pick up a few choice franchises from the CHL when they finally become 30-30-30 with the NHL and AHL above. They've already said that they want to expand more out west, so it's probably a good bet that they'll be looking more in the northwest, especially if the NHL expands into Seattle and/or Portland in the near immediate future, to get closer to 26.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Royalsflagrunner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
They're currently locked in at a max 26 teams per a BoG bylaw that was passed a few years ago, but I've got a feeling that that's mostly to just self-contain themselves in order to eventually pick up a few choice franchises from the CHL when they finally become 30-30-30 with the NHL and AHL above. They've already said that they want to expand more out west, so it's probably a good bet that they'll be looking more in the northwest, especially if the NHL expands into Seattle and/or Portland in the near immediate future, to get closer to 26.
i have heard from a friend of mine thats works as a ref in the echl he was saying he was hearing that the echl was looking at washington state and nebraska . He also said that they were looking at placing antoher team in the east around PA, NJ and del

Closed Thread