HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Draft Combine/Mini-camp

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2013, 04:38 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
I'd like to know about more non-Q players invited to camp. So far it's just Rychel that I see. I don't take the ones from Quebec as meaning there is significant interest.

Old
06-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed u take the stud Finnish D man ahead of Nurse
You take the stud Finnish dman over the stud Canadian dman? A long history of Finnish defencemen picked high in the draft. :-0

Nurse is taller, tougher to beat one on one, more physical, a better skater..but the Finn is the stud? That is debatable. Risto is far from a finished product either, he could use more of an edge to his defensive play. Nurse is rawer, but three years from now he will be tougher to play against. I'd give Risto an edge offensively, but not a huge gap between them.

I'm hearing that Edmonton is leaning heavily towards Nurse with the 7th pick.

Old
06-02-2013, 04:54 PM
bud12

Quote:
he is exactly the kind of player we need , not sure he is a legit top 6 but in low 20`s why not , if he turns into an Abdelkader type , thats what we need badly
wtf? you don't draft a guy like Abdelkader in the first round......... oh and Abdelkader is not the type of players that the habs need badly.......

Old
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
You take the stud Finnish dman over the stud Canadian dman? A long history of Finnish defencemen picked high in the draft. :-0

Nurse is taller, tougher to beat one on one, more physical, a better skater..but the Finn is the stud? That is debatable. Risto is far from a finished product either, he could use more of an edge to his defensive play. Nurse is rawer, but three years from now he will be tougher to play against. I'd give Risto an edge offensively, but not a huge gap between them.

I think Nurse would be a good fit for Edmonton, they need that tough in your face d-man and could become a force in his own end.

The thing I like about Ristolainen is he performed well on a poor team, and had a good u20. I think he is much better offensively, moving the puck, creating turnovers, than Nurse.

Physically, I have to say Nurse is a tough customer. He's just not a guy I would go after, don't know why...maybe because I would rather trade down and pick up a Morrissey, or McCoshen, instead...

Old
06-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
he is exactly the kind of player we need , not sure he is a legit top 6 but in low 20`s why not , if he turns into an Abdelkader type , thats what we need badly
I'd like a more complete player. Seen quite a few Rychel games and somehow, was rightfully doing a great garbage man job, but I didn't see a whole lot else. And while it's great to have types like that in your NHL team, you'd like to see much more on a Junior player.

Again, I wouldn't hate getting him. Just feels that there would be better options at our pick.

Old
06-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'd like to know about more non-Q players invited to camp. So far it's just Rychel that I see. I don't take the ones from Quebec as meaning there is significant interest.
Absolutely true. We've already known by past experience that non-Q players invited to our combine means that we will pick some of those.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Forsead

No Mantha ? is there any chance the Habs can end up with him without trading up ?

Old
06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
No Mantha ? is there any chance the Habs can end up with him without trading up ?
I'd like to see us pass on him if he is on the board.. trading up for him would be unforgivable.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:59 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Erne doesn't want to play in MTL, went to same school as I did for the past two years in QC. Asked him some questions, MTL ain't a preference for him. Also known for lack of consistency and poor team guy.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How much did Shawinigan suck ? I saw Labbe was a -40...
Worst team in the league.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:06 PM
CaptainBenn
The king is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Erne doesn't want to play in MTL, went to same school as I did for the past two years in QC. Asked him some questions, MTL ain't a preference for him.
Why? Too much pressure? Good he isnt hiding it then. Would be a shame to draft him.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
IcemanTBI

You guys are nuts saying you would take Erne over Nurse. Ristolainen, I havent seen enough, but I can tell you guys, from watching Nurse play in here in the Soo, he has tons of upside. He is a physical presence and is exactly what the Habs could use, maybe alongside Emelin. Is he raw? Yes, he is. He would need another year in junior, and some time in Hamilton, but in 3 years would he make the Habs? Absolutely. He is going to be in the NHL for sure some day. Way more potential than Erne and Ristolainen.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:34 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
wtf? you don't draft a guy like Abdelkader in the first round......... oh and Abdelkader is not the type of players that the habs need badly.......
what r you talking about , our team is swiss cheese , those banging Abdelkader types r exactly what we need upfront , Rychel is ranked in the bottom third of the first round , he is not a reach at all

Prust is the only true banger , we dont have not enough players with the will to compete

we dont need another 5`10 " guy regardless of BPA

its a solid draft we will get a good player , I want to move up for Horvat

Old
06-02-2013, 08:37 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd like a more complete player. Seen quite a few Rychel games and somehow, was rightfully doing a great garbage man job, but I didn't see a whole lot else. And while it's great to have types like that in your NHL team, you'd like to see much more on a Junior player.

Again, I wouldn't hate getting him. Just feels that there would be better options at our pick.
and there maybe better options but his size and rugged play is what we need , if he tops out as 20 goal banger , I dont mind, I trust Timmons will do well

Old
06-02-2013, 08:42 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

Oilers will either trade the pick in a package for proven players or take the best available D

the wildcard in the draft is Valeri Nichushkin as I see teams trying to move up to get him , does TB make the move at 3

Old
06-03-2013, 05:57 AM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Why? Too much pressure? Good he isnt hiding it then. Would be a shame to draft him.
Weather a big role. Guy's an American, wants to play in US where it's hot.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:04 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Weather a big role. Guy's an American, wants to play in US where it's hot.
Then WTF is he doing in Quebec, off all places?!?!?!

Old
06-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Learning to hate winter. May be getting an excellent education.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:35 AM
CoconutHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old
06-03-2013, 09:57 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Please don't draft Rychel. I'd lose all faith in Timmins if that happened.
Considering how much emphasis Timmins puts on skating, and how big a weakness skating is for Rychel, I'd be very surprised if he was on our list.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Considering how much emphasis Timmins puts on skating, and how big a weakness skating is for Rychel, I'd be very surprised if he was on our list.
He's coming to our combine.. He isn't a Q player, so there has to be some interest.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:11 AM
bud12

Quote:
what r you talking about , our team is swiss cheese , those banging Abdelkader types r exactly what we need upfront , Rychel is ranked in the bottom third of the first round , he is not a reach at all

Prust is the only true banger , we dont have not enough players with the will to compete

we dont need another 5`10 " guy regardless of BPA

its a solid draft we will get a good player , I want to move up for Horvat
Abdelkader is a Kostopoulos clone....I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole. We need real toughness, not another punching bag, fake tough guy who wear a visor

Old
06-03-2013, 10:12 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He's coming to our combine.. He isn't a Q player, so there has to be some interest.
Could just be a closer look, I tend to not put a huge amount of stock into who we're inviting to the combine or who we're interviewing...seems like a spotty way to judge a team's intentions at best.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
You guys are nuts saying you would take Erne over Nurse. Ristolainen, I havent seen enough, but I can tell you guys, from watching Nurse play in here in the Soo, he has tons of upside. He is a physical presence and is exactly what the Habs could use, maybe alongside Emelin. Is he raw? Yes, he is. He would need another year in junior, and some time in Hamilton, but in 3 years would he make the Habs? Absolutely. He is going to be in the NHL for sure some day. Way more potential than Erne and Ristolainen.
I'm a person who says: I want Erne. I also said, I would take Nurse before him, though...and pretty easily.

Lastly, I also mentioned, I would move down instead of drafting Nurse because I believe he's in a group with a bunch of prospects...and with the depth of this draft, it's a move I make.

I never really followed much of Nurse, which is my downfall, and have started to watch his 'videos' to get a feel. He seems like he will be a good player, just haven't watched enough of him to make a fair assessment.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
trying to rattle other teams in front of us...strategy.

Closed Thread