HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Three Columbus First Rounders are in Play

Old
06-02-2013, 11:59 AM
stevo61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I don't want to dig through 150 or so posts here so I just want to ask a few questions first before I go suggesting anything.

1. What are the Blue Jackets biggest needs?
2. What is their cap situation (or internal budget)?
3. Is their any potential/probable buyouts?
You're the 1st person to actually ask this kinda stuff instead of telling us what we need. Cap situation is fine, probably in one of the better spots in the league in that regard. What we need is top end goal scoring preferably with size and decent age. I'm going to guess you are a Calgary fan? If so i personally (can't speak for whole fan base) have 0 interest in Tanguay as people keep throwing his name out there and have minimal interest in an undersized, 30 year old, 6 million dollar contract belonging to Cammalleri. Personally i think we are terrible trade partners and the only person i have any desire in would be Baertschi but i'm sure he's as close to untouchable as you have and would take way too much to get him.

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
You're the 1st person to actually ask this kinda stuff instead of telling us what we need. Cap situation is fine, probably in one of the better spots in the league in that regard. What we need is top end goal scoring preferably with size and decent age. I'm going to guess you are a Calgary fan? If so i personally (can't speak for whole fan base) have 0 interest in Tanguay as people keep throwing his name out there and have minimal interest in an undersized, 30 year old, 6 million dollar contract belonging to Cammalleri. Personally i think we are terrible trade partners and the only person i have any desire in would be Baertschi but i'm sure he's as close to untouchable as you have and would take way too much to get him.
I didn't think Tanguay would be a good fit, personally I think Vancouver or Colorado is the best fit for him. But I do think you are writing off Cammalleri a bit quickly as cap hit can be retained and while small he doesn't play his size as he has more of a Martin St. Louis type build.

Although I was asking more because I find trade proposals fun even if it involves 2 other teams.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Zobitembois

I can't tell you how I know that but Malkin will be a Blue Jacket at the start of the regular season.
Mark my words.

Zobitembois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:13 PM
stevo61

Quote:
I didn't think Tanguay would be a good fit, personally I think Vancouver or Colorado is the best fit for him. But I do think you are writing off Cammalleri a bit quickly as cap hit can be retained and while small he doesn't play his size as he has more of a Martin St. Louis type build.

Although I was asking more because I find trade proposals fun even if it involves 2 other teams.
I know, I'm from Canada so i've seen him play numerous times for Calgary, Montreal and LA. I'm not denying the fact he's good but we need to somehow find a way to get a Stewart or Ryan type of player. With Umberger and Foligno not having that good of a season offensively it left our top 6 pretty small. It's not always an issue since there is so much speed but you could definitely tell it was a big problem against teams like LA. We are also moving to the east which helps but for the long run it really would be nice to find a guy with some size to fit in there

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
I know, I'm from Canada so i've seen him play numerous times for Calgary, Montreal and LA. I'm not denying the fact he's good but we need to somehow find a way to get a Stewart or Ryan type of player. With Umberger and Foligno not having that good of a season offensively it left our top 6 pretty small. It's not always an issue since there is so much speed but you could definitely tell it was a big problem against teams like LA. We are also moving to the east which helps but for the long run it really would be nice to find a guy with some size to fit in there
I know that feeling, the Flames have similar problems on the wings. David Booth could be a good fit for the Jackets, if he is bought out he could be had for a decent price and a fresh start could be good for him.

Old
06-02-2013, 04:09 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobitembois View Post
I can't tell you how I know that but Malkin will be a Blue Jacket at the start of the regular season.
Mark my words.
I remember my first beer.

If I'm Colombus I'm trying to use those pick to move up to one of the top 3 slots.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Having acquired Gaborik, I am hesitant about Columbus acquiring someone else like Tanguay or Hemsky.

I'd fully be behind a Bobby Ryan or Chris Stewart acquisition as those types of players (size + offense + physicality) are always needed.

Beyond that, I'd be looking for them to upgrade at center. Anisimov and Dubinsky are in the 40-60 point two-way center area with Anisimov having superior offense and Dubinsky being a bit more physical. On a good team, they would center the 2nd and 3rd line. Johansen meanwhile is a huge questionmark. He embraced sound defensive play becoming a face-off machine and positioning himself well enough to draw the other teams' top lines consistently the second half of this year. His high-end offensive ability is apparent but he just... isn't... producing. The team is hoping that the switch goes on this offseason and he begins to produce like he is capable of. Some are worried about his motivation, though, and think he could be like Brassard (a losing culture having tainted his effort/output).

As I see it, Columbus has 3 2nd/3rd line centers in Johansen, Anisimov, and Dubinsky. 4 if you count Letestu who had a stellar season offensively.

It makes a bit of sense IF (keep in mind IF) JK and JD want to trade some of the picks for current roster help to try to package the picks with one of those centers for an upper level center.

Last edited by Crede777: 06-02-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:23 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Mark my words.
You better be magic

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Minnesota would need a late 1st rounder to target a guy like Sam Morin. Anyone interesting in the roster for you guys? How about prospects? 2011 28th pick Zac Phillips?

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:43 AM
SilverRed

Quote:
Mark my words.
April fools was 2 months ago.

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
April fools was 2 months ago.
yes but you can take hallucinogens any day

Old
06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
yes but you can take hallucinogens any day
i just wanna know what for in this magically scenario...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Minnesota would need a late 1st rounder to target a guy like Sam Morin. Anyone interesting in the roster for you guys? How about prospects? 2011 28th pick Zac Phillips?
Not fair for Jackets.

Jackets would need scorers like you. But guys/kids that Jackets would want are off the table for late 1st, I think.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Blue Jackets need to get to the playoffs, how about Kessel for all three picks and a prospect.
wouldn't do that if I were the Leafs. Wouldn't do it from the Jackets either though because of Phil's contract.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote