HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Hossa

Old
06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Hossa

Just a hypothetical question for spits and giggles.
**If** Chicago decided to buyout Hossa in fear of cap issues, would you want Tallon to bring him on board?? Would it be worth it? Do you think he'd come to Florida??
Me personally, I'd jump around like a cheerleader if I read in a headline come July 1st "Panthers make waves, draft Mackinnon, Sign Hossa and resign Weiss". I know it might be a lot of salary and stock piling our roster, but that's a TON of offense that I would surely make room for.

Your thoughts

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Sorry bro but Chicago isnt going to buy out Hossa.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Just a hypothetical question for spits and giggles.
**If** Chicago decided to buyout Hossa in fear of cap issues, would you want Tallon to bring him on board?? Would it be worth it? Do you think he'd come to Florida??
Me personally, I'd jump around like a cheerleader if I read in a headline come July 1st "Panthers make waves, draft Mackinnon, Sign Hossa and resign Weiss". I know it might be a lot of salary and stock piling our roster, but that's a TON of offense that I would surely make room for.

Your thoughts
Even if Chicago were to buy out Hossa, In which I seriously doubt they do. Both Hossa and Weiss could easilly cost Florida around $5,000,000 each on a multi-year contract and I cant see Dale Tallon doing that.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Even if Chicago were to buy out Hossa, In which I seriously doubt they do. Both Hossa and Weiss could easilly cost Florida around $5,000,000 each on a multi-year contract and I cant see Dale Tallon doing that.
Again, where is this coming from? Tallon wouldn't think twice about bringing Hossa in.

06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Again, where is this coming from? Tallon wouldn't think twice about bringing Hossa in.
Are you sure about that? One of the big reasons Tallon was demoted/fired with Chicago was because he wanted to resign Havlat and Bowman wanted to sign Hossa. So I don't think he would bring in Hossa when he could also have the option of bringing in Havlat this summer instead.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 01:06 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Are you sure about that? One of the big reasons Tallon was demoted/fired with Chicago was because he wanted to resign Havlat and Bowman wanted to sign Hossa. So I don't think he would bring in Hossa when he could also have the option of bringing in Havlat this summer instead.
Havlat is done. Do not want.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Sure about it? No, but didn't know Havlat was available and it's safe to assume he would think Hossa would be a good guy to bring in if he wanted to be brought in.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Hossa is one of the best players in the league of course they would try and bring him in. I also don't think Hossa and Tallon have any kind of personal relationship, Tallon wasn't the one that signed him.

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Killerinstinct

vCash: 152
Just donīt have hopes that Hossa joins the team, itīs absurd.

Killerinstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Hossa is one of the best players in the league of course they would try and bring him in. I also don't think Hossa and Tallon have any kind of personal relationship, Tallon wasn't the one that signed him.
quite sure it was DT who signed him? he held the presser about it atleast

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:07 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I also don't think Hossa and Tallon have any kind of personal relationship, Tallon wasn't the one that signed him.
Tallon signed Hossa & Madden and had the RFA fiasco before he was demoted to the position of Senior Advisor on July 14th 2009.

Old
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM
flapanthersfan

IIRC, blackhawk fans claim Tallon wanted to re-sign Havlat, and Stan Bowman wanted to sign Hossa. Bowman won the power-struggle and the Hawks let Tallon go shortly after.

If that's actually true, who knows. Hawks fans on this forum seem to have always had an anti-Tallon attitude.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:57 PM
The Cat Captain

Bigger chance we end up with havlat (who we all know tallon has a weak spot for). With many experts and most of the SJ fan base wanting to move or buyout havlat, would you guys like the idea of a havlat for upshall straight up trade? same number of years left on their contracts, both always injuried...? for me personally I'd rather have havlat for 30-60 games than upshall for the same number.
what do you say?

The Cat Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Captain View Post
Bigger chance we end up with havlat (who we all know tallon has a weak spot for). With many experts and most of the SJ fan base wanting to move or buyout havlat, would you guys like the idea of a havlat for upshall straight up trade? same number of years left on their contracts, both always injuried...? for me personally I'd rather have havlat for 30-60 games than upshall for the same number.
what do you say?
I wouldn't mind that as Upshall does absolutely nothing for me. One of those 'change of scenery' trades. And I'd like to send them Clem to kinda even out the salary difference next season.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I wouldn't mind that as Upshall does absolutely nothing for me. One of those 'change of scenery' trades. And I'd like to send them Clem to kinda even out the salary difference next season.

-ghoste
Alex Stalock is more than likely to be the next backup to Niemi, so I doubt Wilson wants anything to do with Clemmer.

IMO Havlat is either staying where he is with SJ or he's bought out. SJ needs a top6 forward to replace Havlat and Upshall isn't that guy, biggest problem why the team ended up losing to LA was that without Havlat and Torres in the line-up, Pavelski got bumped up from 3C to 2RW and the bottom6 after that move was pretty ****.

Bottom line is, close to the cap ceiling team like SJ can't afford to pay a 3rd liner 3.5 per, especially when Couture is a RFA after next season and a bunch of the top guys are UFAs.

Old
06-03-2013, 02:17 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

-ghoste
or Parros

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:10 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Tallon signed Hossa & Madden and had the RFA fiasco before he was demoted to the position of Senior Advisor on July 14th 2009.

Actually your right he did sign him, although reluctantly as he wanted to sign Havlat instead. Its pretty strange though considering Hossa has always been a better player and healthier one as well.

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
or Parros
Good call, we're going to need that #22 sweater back.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote