HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Get Second Chance to Draft Zach Yuen

Old
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Flyers Get Second Chance to Draft Zach Yuen

http://thehockeywriters.com/zach-yue...raft-prospect/

After not being signed by June 1st, Yuen is being re-entered into the draft this year. The Flyers would benefit greatly if they used one of their picks on him. I've followed him for a while and he seems to have all the necessary tools you need to succeed in the NHL.

What are your thoughts on him? What other possible re-entries would you like to the Flyers take a stab?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Along with a lot of the other players not signed by their teams he probably won't get drafted.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
If there wasn't a doubt on whether or not he had the tools, then he wouldn't be re-entering the draft.

Draft re-entries don't seem to work out as it is.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:08 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
ya, I find it hard to beleive that he has all the tools to succeed in the NHL when the Jets just decided to let him go

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Along with a lot of the other players not signed by their teams he probably won't get drafted.
A lot of people figure Yuen will get drafted when he re-enters the draft. Same thing with Alan Quine (Detroit) and Brenden Kichton (NY Islanders).

It's not always a case of a guy not being good enough to be signed, sometimes the contract dispute is too big. Not saying that is the case with Quine or Yuen, but with Kichton it was undeniably about money. The Islanders offered him 5th round money, Kichton wanted 2nd/3rd money, and they couldn't come to an agreement.

06-03-2013, 02:20 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
A lot of people figure Yuen will get drafted when he re-enters the draft. Same thing with Alan Quine (Detroit) and Brenden Kichton (NY Islanders).

It's not always a case of a guy not being good enough to be signed, sometimes the contract dispute is too big. Not saying that is the case with Quine or Yuen, but with Kichton it was undeniably about money. The Islanders offered him 5th round money, Kichton wanted 2nd/3rd money, and they couldn't come to an agreement.
If it wasn't a contract dispute for Yuen then obviously he didn't progress like they would have liked. In a deep draft class for defensemen I would rather spend a pick on a guy who's not in his last year of eligibility.

Old
06-03-2013, 04:22 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

I also don't know if the Jets had reached their 50 limit on contracts...

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnTHW View Post
I also don't know if the Jets had reached their 50 limit on contracts...
They have 29 players up for new deals this summer.

http://capgeek.com/jets/

Edit: Looking at the Jets board it seems like it was a numbers game and other defensemen in their system passed him. I would still rather not spend a draft pick on a 20 year old unless he's exceptional and Yuen doesn't fit that bill. I wouldn't be mad if the Flyers signed him if he goes undrafted but with the Lamarche signing it looks doubtful.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-03-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old
06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
If he's better than someone else on the board that the Flyers are thinking about drafting I'd take him. I don't know much about this kid, but if he's there in the later rounds, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him over some of the other defenders that would still be available in the 6/7 round or something. In those rounds its not that likely they'll ever turn out anyway.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 06:24 PM
FLYguy3911

I always feel like if teams wanted one of these guys bad enough, they would have acquired his rights before the deadline. The only redraft I can think of is Frederik Andersen last year and that was because he didn't want to sign with Carolina.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote