HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How much would it take for Poile to trade the 4th pick away

Old
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Predsrule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I haven't seen anyone live, but from what I've heard, this is how the forwards in this class somewhat break down. Again, just what I've heard.

Mackinnon - Tavares
Drouin - P. Kane
Barkov - Thornton
Nichushkin - Nash
Monahan - Kesler
Lindholm - ?

Personally, I'd rather have a Kane than a Thornton, but I'd be perfectly happy with either. Drouin is supposed to be the kind of player you build an offense around. He is that dynamic scorer we've been missing. Barkov is a great player, and will contribute in a lot of ways, but his scoring ceiling isn't Drouin-level.
Lindholm-backstrom to me the preds bigger need is that number one center. my self hope we come out of the draft with at least one of Barkov or Lindholm as i see them both as strong number 1 centers in the future. to me people are to sure on Drouin.. from watching the few games i have of him he reminds me of Nikita Filatov.. now I know peope are going to call me crazy right now but everyone seems to forget how highly Filatov was viwed in his draft year. almost everyone was saying he would be the best offensive player of the draft. now also add the fact do we think Drouin will adapt to the the Torz system.. it wasnt really untill this year Wilson got a chance to play a role on this team, and it was never about the off game that was holding him back on this team. I just think Barkov screams what this team is. though I think Lindholm is who we should trade back and get.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:36 PM
cgf

Since apparently the cool thing now is to talk about the Avs trading away our pick, which I personally don't expect to happen at all, here's a hypothetical I wanted to get you guys' thoughts on.

Avs trade 1st overall and Staz, you guys trade Josi and 4th overall, with some + on that that I have no desire to even guess about.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Since apparently the cool thing now is to talk about the Avs trading away our pick, which I personally don't expect to happen at all, here's a hypothetical I wanted to get you guys' thoughts on.

Avs trade 1st overall and Staz, you guys trade Josi and 4th overall, with some + on that that I have no desire to even guess about.
This deal was discussed once before, and the general consensus was that the value is solid, but this wrecks our defense. Josi will not be traded unless a top pairing D is coming back. If we lose him, we have to draft Jones #1, which defeats the whole point. Not a bad offer value wise, but no deal.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:53 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
6th pick + Cammalleri @ 50% salary (so 3M) for the 4th pick.

Seems to get a few good reactions on the Flames board, wondered what Preds fans thought? Cammy would essentially replace Erat for you guys, at a cheaper cost. 3M for Cammy is a bargain IMO.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post

Seems to get a few good reactions on the Flames board, wondered what Preds fans thought? Cammy would essentially replace Erat for you guys, at a cheaper cost. 3M for Cammy is a bargain IMO.
talent is such a drop off from 4 to 6 that I think Poile would laugh before Feaster says "for" ... we didn't even interview anyone in that range, apparently it's top 5 or nothing unless someone with a deep pipeline of players has the depth to move awesome players (think Sutter/Staal) trade

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:01 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post

no freaking way.

we need to add young talent and sadly 31 is not young in the nhl

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
This deal was discussed once before, and the general consensus was that the value is solid, but this wrecks our defense. Josi will not be traded unless a top pairing D is coming back. If we lose him, we have to draft Jones #1, which defeats the whole point. Not a bad offer value wise, but no deal.
And there's no interest in gambling on Jones' higher potential or trying to load up your offensive by pairing stastny with Mac?

Old
06-03-2013, 03:05 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
talent is such a drop off from 4 to 6 that I think Poile would laugh before Feaster says "for" ... we didn't even interview anyone in that range, apparently it's top 5 or nothing unless someone with a deep pipeline of players has the depth to move awesome players (think Sutter/Staal) trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
no freaking way.

we need to add young talent and sadly 31 is not young in the nhl
Alright, good to know, thanks guys. Admittedly I wasn't sure what the Preds were looking for when it came to trades, and I kind of thought they might be interested in Cammalleri at that price because they did get Forsberg in that Erat trade. I get it though.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
And there's no interest in gambling on Jones' higher potential or trying to load up your offensive by pairing stastny with Mac?
no. Josi's potential is already apporaching Suter's at his age so Jones would have to be light years better immediately which just isnt going to happen... better the bird in the hand...

would love Mackinnon but not if it costs Josi

Old
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
AintLifeGrand

To NYI: Ellis/Blum, 3rd

to NSH: DiPietro, Nino Neidereiter 2013 1st

Then

To Cgy: NYI 1st, Kevin Klein, Beck
To Nsh: 6th overall (Nichushkin)

Then:

to Col: 4th overall (barkov), Watson, Budish, Hellberg

to Nsh: Ryan O'Reilly, 1st overall (Jones), Stas

New Lines

Wilson-Legwand-Hornqvist
Nichushkin-Stastny-Smith
Forsberg-Fisher-Nino
Bourque-Gausted-Butler

Weber-Josi
Jones-Blum/Ellis
Norweigan dude- Gill

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
To NYI: Ellis/Blum, 3rd

to NSH: DiPietro, Nino Neidereiter 2013 1st

Then

To Cgy: NYI 1st, Kevin Klein, Beck
To Nsh: 6th overall (Nichushkin)

Then:

to Col: 4th overall (barkov), Watson, Budish, Hellberg

to Nsh: Ryan O'Reilly, 1st overall (Jones), Stas

New Lines

Wilson-Legwand-Hornqvist
Nichushkin-Stastny-Smith
Forsberg-Fisher-Nino
Bourque-Gausted-Butler

Weber-Josi
Jones-Blum/Ellis
Norweigan dude- Gill

Players have to sit in the quiet room until symptoms like that go away.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
cgf

Quote:
no. Josi's potential is already apporaching Suter's at his age so Jones would have to be light years better immediately which just isnt going to happen... better the bird in the hand...

Figured as much. I'll be shocked if we don't just pick Jones be it first or after trading down with Florida.

Old
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Figured as much. I'll be shocked if we don't just pick Jones be it first or after trading down with Florida.
If you trade down with Florida you have to assume its because they want Jones, and if that happens then you guys must want someone other than Jones, probably Barkov... so would you then trade down to 4 and assume that you'll get Barkov, leaving Mackinnon for us?

Old
06-03-2013, 04:42 PM
glenngineer

Quote:

IMO Josi is actually better at this age than Suter was and I only see him getting better over time. I think he'll be better than Suter when all is said and done. No reason to trade him.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:19 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Why would they not? If they did, I'd guess because they think a dynamic winger is a bigger need than a 2 way center. Please use something other than hf and youtube for references in your answer, neither is a legit source for scouting.
Really? I'll be sure to work on that more.
Im pretty darn sure the Preds need a big gifted 1line center more than they need a small winger who is inflated because he played in Canada and on the same team and line with Mac.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Really? I'll be sure to work on that more.
Im pretty darn sure the Preds need a big gifted 1line center more than they need a small winger who is inflated because he played in Canada and on the same team and line with Mac.
to be fair his stats improved for the games mac was out (16games i believe?) to me its the fact he did it in the Q that scares me and in my mind the jump to the nhl is allot bigger and stronger.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'll be honest, the only way I would accept trading #4 is a massive overpay like this

1 yr of Malkin, 1 yr of Vokoun, and a 2nd pairing defenseman on their last yr.

And even then I'd be pissed because most would be gone.

So hold the pick, hold it, the drops for talent are the top 3, then the top 6 then the top 40

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:57 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
to be fair his stats improved for the games mac was out (16games i believe?) to me its the fact he did it in the Q that scares me and in my mind the jump to the nhl is allot bigger and stronger.
Exactly he played in a jr league in Canada where players are usually overated every year because it's Canada... Im pretty sure from my youtube and hf board scouting knowledge Barkov played against grown men and during the lockout against NHL players. Also, i believe the same reading and comprehending ability lead me to believe that the Preds want to get bigger and are in desperate need for a true 1 center. Not sure if Druin and Barkov are on the board that Druin fits the Preds the best.
Mac, Barkov, Jones, Lindholm.

Old
06-05-2013, 11:08 AM
token grinder

Barkov played against a couple of NHLers who were skating to stay in shape. I wouldn't put too much stock into it, as far as a draft evaluation tool. I would put the Russian playing in the KHL a a good judge for how he looked as the league as a whole and the players in it are better. The competition is better, faster. Guys are stronger.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 01:10 PM
landman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
We don't have radulovs rights anymore, at least I'm pretty sure of that, after he came back and played that miserable nine games or whatever then screwed us in playoffs, nobody would want him anyways.

Klein gets traded we are screwed for defense huge.

Spaling and clune are extras but butler gets a spot?!?!
Butler is the ultimate scrub,

And I am not to interested in stastny, the guy just isn't that good anymore. We are not getting good deal here,

I'd have Klein over stastny, we cannot deal kleiner
I live in Tennessee but work in Denver. With that said all of the talk coming out of Denver (radio, t.v. and some unnamed Avalanche employee(s) are stating that Colorado will probably pick Seth Jones due to his Denver connection with his dad and the Nuggets, they feel like he can step in and play/contribute immediately and they have already had talks with him. Additionally, Stasny has stated in public forums that he does not want to leave Colorado. But, then again, money talks, and the Cronks (owners of the Avalanche and Nuggets) have a reputation in Denver as being cheap per the media.

landman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 01:37 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Barkov played against a couple of NHLers who were skating to stay in shape. I wouldn't put too much stock into it, as far as a draft evaluation tool. I would put the Russian playing in the KHL a a good judge for how he looked as the league as a whole and the players in it are better. The competition is better, faster. Guys are stronger.
Rads is the highest paid player in the KHL. Sorry but if we are going to talk about putting stock into something your KHL one is pretty flawed.

Old
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Rads is the highest paid player in the KHL. Sorry but if we are going to talk about putting stock into something your KHL one is pretty flawed.
are you trying to tell me that a second division finnish league with 5-10 NHLers on vacation skating to stay in shape is a better league than the Russian league that pays for better players and is a better overall product than any league other than the NHL? And who cares if Radulov is the highest payed player over there? Does Rick Dipietro still have the longest contract for a goalie in the NHL? By this logic, What does that say about the NHL?

It is time to just let go of Radulov. Fact is, if he sucked so bad, fans wouldn't be ******** over him playing over there. This what could have been attitude is getting old.

Not every Russian is the same. There are just as many that will bust their ass to make in this league as there any other nationality. Cold War is over folks.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Top 6 Spaling

By AAV, Rads is the highest paid hockey player in the world, on a side note.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Ciccio1980

Would you do kadri and gardiner for the 4th

Ciccio1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 07:56 PM
hockey diva

No! No! No!