HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

May we'll see Dandenault as a forward sooner than later ?

Old
10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500
May we'll see Dandenault as a forward sooner than later ?

When The Cube will be back I think its more than likely that we see Dandenault as a forward much more often that we saw last season.

A Dandy - Bégin - Latendresse line would be nice. All quebecer, speedy, grit, 2way and talent.

I like this idea

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
MasterD

I don't do your theory, since the Cube and Dandenault don't play the same side and aren't even same side handed, but hey, I don't care as long as he cuts down the penalty crap that's been going on tonight

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Maybe when Bouillon is back and everyone else is healthy and playing well. And if Niniimaa realize lateral passes isin't the only option he has.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Evil Ted

Dandy is very fast at times and can lay down the body, I think at forward on the third or fourth line he could make an impact.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Who spot does he take exactly?

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:32 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I really would not like to see this happen.
If an injury takes place to a forward S. kostitsyn should be recalled or Downey should be injected into the line-up.
Either that or dress 7 dee man and double shift whomever the Canadiens hotest forward is, such as Higgins Kovalev Koivu!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I really would not like to see this happen.
If an injury takes place to a forward S. kostitsyn should be recalled or Downey should be injected into the line-up.
Either that or dress 7 dee man and double shift whomever the Canadiens hotest forward is, such as Higgins Kovalev Koivu!
He could replace tenderness who has really not been that impressive at all thus far.

I dont know why this would be any worse then having Dandy play defence where there is alot more pressure on him, less of a chance him taking a penalty too.

At this point I can't see it happening, but in the future it is an option because he does have speed and could be a good forechecker because of his checking ability.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Kue
Interviewing for GM

I like Dandy on Defense better because he can pinch in the play but he's so fast he can usually cover for himself.

His speed on Defense is much more useful than not.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:01 AM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 View Post
I like Dandy on Defense better because he can pinch in the play but he's so fast he can usually cover for himself.

His speed on Defense is much more useful than not.

QTF.

He's a better utility player in defence, he had some kind of speed thats is a lot more effective on D. Just try to remember last playoffs, he was checking everything and he was covering himself well.

May be some game if we got more then 2-3 regular foward injured.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:09 AM
habs73

JUST AN OBSERVATION HERE BUT DOES ANYONE THINK THAT LATENDRESSE SHOULD STAY WITH THE TEAM AFTER THE 9 GAME TRYOUT?
IN MY OPINION, HE DOESN'T BELONG ON THE 4th LINE, HIS DEFIENCIES ARE BEING EXPOSED (LACK OF SPEED) AND HE DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THE SAME PLAYER THAT WAS TRYING TO MAKE THE TEAM IN THE PRE-SEASON.
I COULD BE WRONG IN THAT MAYBE HE NEEDS TO STAY WITH THE TEAM TO WORK ON HIS FAULTS, BUT IT SEEMS THAT IF WE KEEP HIM WITH THE BIG CLUB, HE LOSES SOME OF HIS OFFENSIVE ABILITIES PLAYING ON THE BOTTOM LINE

habs73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:31 AM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs73 View Post
JUST AN OBSERVATION HERE BUT DOES ANYONE THINK THAT LATENDRESSE SHOULD STAY WITH THE TEAM AFTER THE 9 GAME TRYOUT?
IN MY OPINION, HE DOESN'T BELONG ON THE 4th LINE, HIS DEFIENCIES ARE BEING EXPOSED (LACK OF SPEED) AND HE DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THE SAME PLAYER THAT WAS TRYING TO MAKE THE TEAM IN THE PRE-SEASON.
I COULD BE WRONG IN THAT MAYBE HE NEEDS TO STAY WITH THE TEAM TO WORK ON HIS FAULTS, BUT IT SEEMS THAT IF WE KEEP HIM WITH THE BIG CLUB, HE LOSES SOME OF HIS OFFENSIVE ABILITIES PLAYING ON THE BOTTOM LINE
Well, he just play two games in the NHL. Let time to the kid to adjust itself. IMO, I think thats not so bad playing on the 4th line but he'll need to see more action on the PP. I've got no problems to see Plekanec on the second line, but I though add Latendresse with Samsonov and Kovalev on the powerplay can be good...

He's not slow at all, tonight he was just nervous a bit I think and made some rookie mistake (second NHL game, its totally normal).

But I don't remember in wich period it was, he was along the board and he made a plays that cost penality to Toronto, so that a good point.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:32 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs73 View Post
Its easy to look great in the pre-season, teams aren't playing their real rosters and other kids and fringe players are trying to make the NHL. Lats is a good player, Carbs is letting hiim learn and that starts on the 4th line. I think playing on the top lines would be too much pressure right now, people are critical of his 4th line play....what would they be saying if he was on the top 2 and not producing? The Philly game should be his coming out party, more of a hitting style game and if we stay out of the penalty box it will give him more icetime too.

Lats will learn and will get better, but Montreal has a big decision in 7 games.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 01:49 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I dont like it as a long term fixture but I like the fact that Dandenault give us this options... At some point we could dress 7dman and still ice 4 lines.

I'm starting to really like him.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 02:03 AM
marvelousmotion

It's interesting.. however, I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. He did win the cup with Detroit playing as 7th defenceman / forward.

Anyways, I like what Dandenault is bringing to our team right now. He gives us some nice options and brings better mobility and speed in our D corpse. I can't imagine our D without him right now. Plus, this guy knows what it takes to win.
He has 10 years of NHL experience and 3 stanley cup rings..

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1 View Post
It's interesting.. however, I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. He did win the cup with Detroit playing as 7th defenceman / forward.

Anyways, I like what Dandenault is bringing to our team right now. He gives us some nice options and brings better mobility and speed in our D corpse. I can't imagine our D without him right now. Plus, this guy knows what it takes to win.
He has 10 years of NHL experience and 3 stanley cup rings..
I agree, he is looking really good out there. He has really elevated his game since he came to MTL. BIG HITS!!! and excelent mobility

a very effective player all around.

as far as Lats goes...He played a strong game on the 4th line. He controled the puck well in the offensife zone along the boards and with a little time will move up the ranks. He is here to stay, there is no tryout with him. MTL won't throw a yr off his tenure here.(remember we own him for 7 seasons, which starts now regardless of where he plays.)

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 04:31 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Why do people keep on defending the kid? His 2 first NHL games where nothing special at all. I really hope he does improve but if by game 9 he is still like this, send him back to junior. Playing on the 4th line is doing nothing for him or the team and he has to deserve more pp time which he has not.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
When The Cube will be back I think its more than likely that we see Dandenault as a forward much more often that we saw last season.

A Dandy - Bégin - Latendresse line would be nice. All quebecer, speedy, grit, 2way and talent.

I like this idea
which forward would you bump out of the lineup?

And keep in mind that kostitsyn is licking his chops to get back in the NHL where he belongs

And no reason to move dandy from D with his play since the olympics. Dandy isn't making mistakes out there and he's covered alot of mistakes for his teammates. No reason to move him

But you bring up an interesting point... what happens if all our D is healthy when the cube comes back... One of the D has to sit.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote