HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I remember someone saying they wouldn't take Lucic on or team...even in place of DD.

I wouldn't take Lucic and I said it before. I never said in place of DD...I'd take anyone in place of DD at this point! lol

Old
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
The Bruins are a beast team.

There are so many guys who either continue their good play from the season into the playoffs or step up their play in the playoffs.

Chara
Krecji
Marchand
Bergeron
Horton
Lucic

Then they're so good up the middle....then on the back end and goaltending. Solid solid team.. built for the playoffs.
How things change fast. If anything, these playoffs show me that seriously anything can happen.
Pretty boring even game, just a couple lucky bouncing pucks and just like that it's 3-0, and then 4-1.

However, the Pens didn't seem to have understand their mistake from last year. Their defense is just way too weak to compensate their mediocre goaltending.
In no way are the Bruins just that much more dominant than Pittsburgh though. The Pens are not only playing some really poor defensive coverage but the Bruins are getting the lucky bounces.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I think that is flawed logic. Since, the Leafs would not have won anyways, there was no harm in them advancing. Laughing at a team just because they suck more than we do is pathetic consolation.
Consolation? No, you actually can do both. Win and laugh at your rival. See what the Bruins are doing towards us....Not wanting the Bruins to advance and be scared to death is the flawed logic. 'Cause by not wanting it to happen, it's realizing that they are strong and you can't deal with it. I suggest we start doing it. Will be easier to move on. But what we need to do is realize that goaltending plays a huge part. That they have the mix we need to have. And that it starts on the back end with a game changing player. And depth is incredibly important. Bruins have the perfect playoff team. And it will be like that at the very least till Chara retires. Does that mean they'll win it all every year? Of course not, injuries might happen, they might meet a hot goalie and so on. But they always will be a force to be reckon with. Let's hate to accept it and move on. But let's stop using excuses and realize what we are confronting with in our conference.

But a little laugh never hurt anybody....it is just hockey after all. So if we can at least laugh at the expense of one of our rivals...I don't know what the problem is. We are the laughing stock of a lot of teams lately...pretty sure they love doing it. I think that till we become a force in this league, and since the Bruins will be a force for future years, might as well not be ridiculized by our other rival too. Gives us some time to breath....

Old
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Kriss E

When Lucic seems faster than you, you know you're in trouble..

Old
06-03-2013, 08:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I wouldn't take Lucic and I said it before. I never said in place of DD...I'd take anyone in place of DD at this point! lol
Even lucic?

Old
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
How come you guys want Pits to win? What's to like about them?
There's even less to like about Boston.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Toronto has to be in it with the Bruins. They first give Rask for Raycroft. They now send Seguin (who's struggling though..) and Hamilton (who will be great for the future) for Kessel...and then blow a 4-1 lead giving the Bruins a trip to the Cup Finals.

I mean, no wonder Bruins fans don't have any problems with the Leafs...

Old
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
There's even less to like about Boston.
What we hate is that it's a rival team. But we would have their mix with our team, and we would be drooling over it...

Old
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
How come you guys want Pits to win? What's to like about them?
The lesser of two evils? Can't deny Boston has a great team but as a Habs' fan you just have to hate them. Someone was going on about the crappy reffing and that's why Boston won the last game. No, I think this has more to do with Pitts crappy defensive coverage and mediocre goaltending. And, again, Boston is just more balanced. We can only hope they get complacent and have one of their epic collapses.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Kriss E

Pittsburgh still hasn't won a defensive zone faceoffs..

Old
06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
izzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But we would have their mix with our team, and we would be drooling over it...
In a heartbeat.

Watching Boston... they're (almost) everything we're not.

Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
. I think that till we become a force in this league, and since the Bruins will be a force for future years, might as well not be ridiculized by our other rival too. Gives us some time to breath....
The Leafs winning that series would not have 'ridiculized' us in any way.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Chicago will suit more the Bruins...but geez, you are still having a freakin average goalie in net. Crawford won't be able to do miracles. You will have to hope that Rask is being bombarded hard and be totally mediocre. That's the only hope.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Kriss E

Damn how can you look that bad. The Pens are tripping over their teammate's stick, they are bumping into each other all over.
Nothing is working, at all, for them. Haven't seen them look so bad in quite a while.

Closed Thread