HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

continue here

Old
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
How things change fast. If anything, these playoffs show me that seriously anything can happen.
Pretty boring even game, just a couple lucky bouncing pucks and just like that it's 3-0, and then 4-1.

However, the Pens didn't seem to have understand their mistake from last year. Their defense is just way too weak to compensate their mediocre goaltending.
In no way are the Bruins just that much more dominant than Pittsburgh though. The Pens are not only playing some really poor defensive coverage but the Bruins are getting the lucky bounces.
There's nothing lucky about the Bruins' success in this series. They are just a better built team. This is precisely why I laughed at people who said "look at Pittsburgh, I'm glad Bergy didn't make any moves at the deadline". Anyone with sense knew that regarldess of the deal Pittsburgh made. They were still weak on D and goaltending and it is hard as HELL to win in the playoffs with a poor D and goalie. Anything can happen. Yes, things didn't work out for us, but I would have liekd to see Bergy make some moves at the deadline.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
When the Penguins selected Fleury did they think they were drafting for Dodgeball?

All I am saying is.. if I had Fleury in my class, we would have never lost Dodgeball in Intramurals.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
The Leafs winning that series would not have 'ridiculized' us in any way.
Leafs weren't suppose to make the playoffs. Yet, some will say that they wouldn't have made it if it was a regular season though...we have no idea if we would have made it ourselves....Anyway, Leafs win that game and faces Rangers. While we have no idea how this would have turn out....we don't know if the really bad Rangers would have beaten the Leafs. Then it's Leafs against Pittsburgh, and now they lose or so we think. But even a 2nd round or 3rd round Leafs give them some confidence to build a better team and be better for years to come. Now...they are still in misery mode. I mean, personnally, I was ready for quite some time to consider the Bruins as a much better team than ours. Instead of putting it all on luck, biased referees or whatever excuses, it was obvious that the Bruins had the perfect management for them and a team build for the playoffs. Had the luck factor, which every winning team has, and you have a great recipe. But I wasn't prepare to deal with the resurgence of the Leafs. Wasn't prepare to see them as maybe a better team than us. Not by a mile. Still hate the Bruins....but we will have to deal with whatever is coming. And that's a team really close to what a dynasty can become nowadays. Might never win 4 or 5 cups in a row, but will always be in the mix.....unfortunately.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:24 PM
sheed36

The Pens look completely lost out there. They need something to give them and this game a spark.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Pens look completely lost out there. They need something to give them and this game a spark.
Ya it is a sloppy ugly game, very boring.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Ya it is a sloppy ugly game, very boring.
Running that slewfooting little ***** Marchand right through the end boards would suffice..

Old
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just incredible...I said Bruins would win but not like that. What confidence does to you....

Old
06-03-2013, 08:31 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
I wonder if Iggy is starting to think he picked the wrong team. Pens are completely lost and old Fishlips isn't helping either.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I know we have to hate Julien now but geez....that was clearly the best coach we had in our system and had to let him go....

Old
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
I wonder if Iggy is starting to think he picked the wrong team. Pens are completely lost and old Fishlips isn't helping either.
I wonder where stupid supposed Karma is when you need it...Not only Bruins don't need him, but they didn't lose Bartkowski and Khoklachev who would have been an awesome deal for Calgary and would have somewhat hurt a little Bruins depth....but no. Instead the biggest loss is a 1st round pick, a potential 30th pick.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:35 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What we hate is that it's a rival team. But we would have their mix with our team, and we would be drooling over it...
You can't say those things on this board man. That's just not appropriate.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Just felt an earthquake

Old
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Now I feel like listening to some Jimi, lol.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So this is the biggest test for this karma thing. If it exist, Pens will wait till the last 10 minutes of the 3rd and win in OT. Can't wait to see that happening...

Old
06-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
There's nothing lucky about the Bruins' success in this series. They are just a better built team. This is precisely why I laughed at people who said "look at Pittsburgh, I'm glad Bergy didn't make any moves at the deadline". Anyone with sense knew that regarldess of the deal Pittsburgh made. They were still weak on D and goaltending and it is hard as HELL to win in the playoffs with a poor D and goalie. Anything can happen. Yes, things didn't work out for us, but I would have liekd to see Bergy make some moves at the deadline.
Yes there is. Luck is ALWAYS involved. You don't win the stanley cup without luck being on your side, it just doesn't happen. It doesn't mean it's the sole factor, or that you're not a good team, but it's definitely present.
Take today's game. Crosby, the best player in the world with arguably the best hands in the game is at the point, gets a bouncing puck that he can't control that ends up right on Marchand who gets a breakaway. Marchand still had to make a nice play at the point, and he still had to beat Vokoun, but how often will Crosby mishandle a puck?
Then right after, Malkin gets a shot on Rask, rebound goes straight to Iginla, but obviously it hops over his stick.

Then on the second goal, Krug stops a clearing at the point by the edge of his stick in the air. Great hand eye, nice play, but still, more often than not such a straight shot clearance will end up down the ice. Puck is directed at the net, saved, useless miscommunication between Vokoun and Martin, and instead of an easy freeze it's in the back of the net.

Third goal, Orpik gets down on his freaking knees to stop the puck with his hands at the point, and yet it still gets out, creates a 3-2 with Lucic becoming this creative playmaker making a drop pass between his legs.

You have Letang getting deked and outskated by Milan freaking Lucic. Crosby bumping into his own players or tripping on their sticks. Same with Neal.

Meanwhile, Rask loses sight of the puck but still makes lucky saves. Not only that, but the rebound luckily ends up in a safe zone.

Halfway through the game, the Bruins had not lost an offensive zone faceoffs. Don't get me wrong, winning faceoffs requires skills, but still one little different bounce of the puck off it landing on a different angle, making one team win the draw instead of losing it can change a whole play. So who knows.

Lucky bounces are definitely a factor here. I'm not hating on the Bruins, they're a really solid team, their defensive zone coverage has been very solid and they are exposing Pitt's Defense, but they've also had the lucky bounces go their way.
In no way are they that much better than the Pens.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:41 PM
overlords
Hfboards

lean, mean clutch 'n grab machine.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
briuns were down by 3 with 10 mins left in game 7 against the leafs and somehow came back and won.if that wasnt lucky i dont know what is.not sayin the briuns arent great,because they are.what it proves is that you need a great team and luck to win the stanley cup.but man am i jealous of boston.timely goals,excellent d and the wall that is rask.very impressive.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You ****ing suck Stock.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
couris

Plekachu Subban Price for Rask Krejci Lucic

Old
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes there is. Luck is ALWAYS involved. You don't win the stanley cup without luck being on your side, it just doesn't happen. It doesn't mean it's the sole factor, or that you're not a good team, but it's definitely present.
Take today's game. Crosby, the best player in the world with arguably the best hands in the game is at the point, gets a bouncing puck that he can't control that ends up right on Marchand who gets a breakaway. Marchand still had to make a nice play at the point, and he still had to beat Vokoun, but how often will Crosby mishandle a puck?
Then right after, Malkin gets a shot on Rask, rebound goes straight to Iginla, but obviously it hops over his stick.

Then on the second goal, Krug stops a clearing at the point by the edge of his stick in the air. Great hand eye, nice play, but still, more often than not such a straight shot clearance will end up down the ice. Puck is directed at the net, saved, useless miscommunication between Vokoun and Martin, and instead of an easy freeze it's in the back of the net.

Third goal, Orpik gets down on his freaking knees to stop the puck with his hands at the point, and yet it still gets out, creates a 3-2 with Lucic becoming this creative playmaker making a drop pass between his legs.

You have Letang getting deked and outskated by Milan freaking Lucic. Crosby bumping into his own players or tripping on their sticks. Same with Neal.

Meanwhile, Rask loses sight of the puck but still makes lucky saves. Not only that, but the rebound luckily ends up in a safe zone.

Halfway through the game, the Bruins had not lost an offensive zone faceoffs. Don't get me wrong, winning faceoffs requires skills, but still one little different bounce of the puck off it landing on a different angle, making one team win the draw instead of losing it can change a whole play. So who knows.

Lucky bounces are definitely a factor here. I'm not hating on the Bruins, they're a really solid team, their defensive zone coverage has been very solid and they are exposing Pitt's Defense, but they've also had the lucky bounces go their way.
In no way are they that much better than the Pens.
There's a bit of luck, but to say that this series can be chalked up to luck or lucky bounces is ridiculous.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Plekachu Subban Price for Rask Krejci Lucic
No thanks.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:52 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
briuns were down by 3 with 10 mins left in game 7 against the leafs and somehow came back and won.if that wasnt lucky i dont know what is.not sayin the briuns arent great,because they are.what it proves is that you need a great team and luck to win the stanley cup.but man am i jealous of boston.timely goals,excellent d and the wall that is rask.very impressive.
I never saw that comeback as luck. I just saw the Bruins impose their will against the Leafs who crumbled under the pressure. Similar to what happened with us against Ottawa in game 4.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:54 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But I wasn't prepare to deal with the resurgence of the Leafs. Wasn't prepare to see them as maybe a better team than us.
See now I could handle that. I guess we just have a different outlook. I don't hate Toronto anywhere near the way I dislike Boston. I suspect it is the opposite for you.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
habtastic

Boston is playing well, exactly how they have to, so credit to them, but it's actually boring to see them play such pathetic opponents. I think the leafs were actually their biggest threat.

Pens are just sucking big time. They can't get a decent shot on net and their goaltending continues to be god awful.

Iginla coming to the pens has made him look like a very ordinary player. The problem of too many stars. I'll take chemistry over accumulated talent any day. Right now, the bruins have it.

Malkin, Letang and (very briefly) Sutter are the only ones looking effective and not together. I actually think Cooke is the best penguin tonight. Doing his job well. Bylsma has to show that he can solve a system, like Boston's. It just takes a tactical understanding, but does he have it?

Closed Thread