HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
The series isn't over.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:57 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
The series isn't over.
It ain't over 'til it's over.

I had Pens in 6. Still do.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:57 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
briuns were down by 3 with 10 mins left in game 7 against the leafs and somehow came back and won.if that wasnt lucky i dont know what is.not sayin the briuns arent great,because they are.what it proves is that you need a great team and luck to win the stanley cup.but man am i jealous of boston.timely goals,excellent d and the wall that is rask.very impressive.
The Bruins were doing that in other games too. Those two the Leafs won to tie it, Bruins didn't start playing in those games until the 3rd either, and they kept the Leafs hemmed in their zone. And that comeback was not just three flukey goals, they sustained non-stop pressure against the Leafs in the last half of that third period.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
habtastic

Wow, Pens, you suck. You're either really good or really bad. MAF and Vokoun have to be the worst tandem in the league, particularly under pressure.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Wow, Pens, you suck. You're either really good or really bad. MAF and Vokoun have to be the worst tandem in the league, particularly under pressure.
Not so sure about that...Price and Budaj didn't exactly become a brick wall in the playoffs!

Old
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Lol fleury

Old
06-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

The Penguins look sooo lifeless.

What assets did they give up again for these guys?

Iginla
Morrow
Murray
Jokinen

?????

A waste of assets, that's what.

Shero... GM of the year?

Old
06-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
There's a bit of luck, but to say that this series can be chalked up to luck or lucky bounces is ridiculous.
I meant the POs as a whole.
The Bruins looked worse than the Pens in some of the games versus Toronto. They were down 3-0 looking like pure garbage in game 7. They get a timely goal, and then all unravels.
In tonight's game, it's seriously nuts. Maybe we should watch the game together as we could maybe count the number of bounces going Boston's way, but it's pretty crazy. Seems like there's one every other shift.

Bruins are a great team, but they're not that much better than Pitts. No way.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
See now I could handle that. I guess we just have a different outlook. I don't hate Toronto anywhere near the way I dislike Boston. I suspect it is the opposite for you.
I hate both teams. But I like Bruins mix. Think Julien is a world class coach who though is way too much involved emotionnally when he plays the Habs. Clearly hates them to death. Should have never be fired but that's another story. And think Chiarelli is one of the best in the biz.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:15 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The Bruins looked worse than the Pens in some of the games versus Toronto. They were down 3-0 looking like pure garbage in game 7. They get a timely goal, and then all unravels.
In tonight's game, it's seriously nuts. Maybe we should watch the game together as we could maybe count the number of bounces going Boston's way, but it's pretty crazy. Seems like there's one every other shift.

I just don't see all this luck you're talking about. Not playing well but winning does not mean you are lucky. That Toronto win was not luck IMO. It was a combination of the Leafs falling apart and the Bruins deciding to finally play. I don't know if it's a playoffs thing but remember the 1st series when they won the cup? They didn't play well against us either.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

You make your luck,, Bruins are a very well balanced hardwork team that plays tough inside a pretty structured defensive first system, they are systematic and very well coached.. There is no luck so far in that serie, the Bruins are outplaying the Pens big time in the fundamental parts of the game..

Old
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Sad day for Normann Flynn.

Wtf.. Lucic.. Why would you want to fight at this state in the game.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Let them ****ing fight.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
andy28

Quote:
I
It's only two games thus far, so you never know, maybe the Pens can turn it around some. But there is no luck here. The Bruins have been cycling well in the offensive zone, and they are protecting their own net well. Even when the Pens manage to get in the Bruins zone for a while, the B's defense is making it pretty hard for them to get any decent shots.

Pens are a team thats loaded up-front. Those teams can easily fall apart in the playoffs when you meet a balanced team with a strong D or even a strong commitment to team D. I almost suspected this could happen to the Pens with Ottawa, but I was way wrong.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Bruins been doing all those little things people talk about and that are actually really working. Well balanced team indeed but incredibly well coach too.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I just don't see all this luck you're talking about. Not playing well but winning does not mean you are lucky. That Toronto win was not luck IMO. It was a combination of the Leafs falling apart and the Bruins deciding to finally play. I don't know if it's a playoffs thing but remember the 1st series when they won the cup? They didn't play well against us either.
Of course it is. I mean, it's not like the Bruins came out in the third with this mission on. The Leafs scored two goals early in the third to make it 4-1. The Bruins scored one goal midway through the third, and then scored 2 more with less than 1:30 left in the game.
But hey, that only tied the game. They also finished it by scoring in OT.
If you think no luck was involved there, then you my friend are quite naive.
Sometimes teams can outperform the other for a playoff series and still lose, fast.
Boston was down two goals with 1:30 minute left. They needed everything to go their way in order to win that game.

But it's clear you don't pay attention to the lucky bounces as much as I do. I tend to focus a lot on them during games.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And the other problem on top of everything else, is that as a player, you take those hometown discounts to stick around such a team. You should see a lot of Bruins players signing ridiculous contracts to just be a part of such a well-oiled machine.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bruins been doing all those little things people talk about and that are actually really working. Well balanced team indeed but incredibly well coach too.
And here I was, thinking during the 3rd period of game 7 vs Toronto, that Julien would get fired after this 1st round exit.

Boy do things change quickly. Where have we seen this before?

Old
06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And the other problem on top of everything else, is that as a player, you take those hometown discounts to stick around such a team. You should see a lot of Bruins players signing ridiculous contracts to just be a part of such a well-oiled machine.
The flip-side to that is, even if they look good today and even if the future looks really bright, things that we all think are invincible can fall quicker than you imagine.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
You make your luck,, Bruins are a very well balanced hardwork team that plays tough inside a pretty structured defensive first system, they are systematic and very well coached.. There is no luck so far in that serie, the Bruins are outplaying the Pens big time in the fundamental parts of the game..
Boston are outplaying the Pens, no doubt. In no way is that an argument though.
It actually is quite common for teams to lose despite outplaying their opponents, heck, it happened to us a couple times versus Ottawa this year.

You make your luck is an old cliché that really doesn't mean much. Sometimes you can apply it, but most of the time luck is just that, luck.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annyong View Post
And here I was, thinking during the 3rd period of game 7 vs Toronto, that Julien would get fired after this 1st round exit.

Boy do things change quickly. Where have we seen this before?
'Cause karma doesn't exist. Firing Julien as I mentioned since they've hired him would have been their greatest mistake. This was probably the only way Boston wouldn't become a great force in this league. Now, they'll wake up and give him a 10-year extension. Perfect coach for them. And surely perfect coach for us too but Gainey was too busy thinking he was soooooo much better.

Old

Fleury lol.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Of course it is. I mean, it's not like the Bruins came out in the third with this mission on. The Leafs scored two goals early in the third to make it 4-1. The Bruins scored one goal midway through the third, and then scored 2 more with less than 1:30 left in the game.
But hey, that only tied the game. They also finished it by scoring in OT.
If you think no luck was involved there, then you my friend are quite naive.
Sometimes teams can outperform the other for a playoff series and still lose, fast.
Boston was down two goals with 1:30 minute left. They needed everything to go their way in order to win that game.

But it's clear you don't pay attention to the lucky bounces as much as I do. I tend to focus a lot on them during games.
You create your own luck. A lucky bounce here and there does not mean you're lucky.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Bruins made me rich vcash wise.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
The flip-side to that is, even if they look good today and even if the future looks really bright, things that we all think are invincible can fall quicker than you imagine.
Well it depends. Wings were a force in this league for how many years now? Chicago should be great for quite some years now. So why wouldn't Boston be the new Detroit? They have depth everywhere, great coach, great GM, their only real concern is the after Chara. We will see how great they will be after that...but that's not THAT soon. And then Chiarelli is pretty good that he'll find a way....UFA will want to go there if he is able to keep that team way up.

Closed Thread