HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bruins might beat Pittsburgh in 4, and Rask might not even have to work that hard. Against Chicago, it's him against Crawford. So even imagine that the Hawks will give them their hardest opponent...only thing Boston needs is a GREAT Rask and that's clearly possible. But then, they'll shoot on Crawford.....A Boston win is CLEARLY possible. Was my call at the beginning of the playoffs anyway. Geez, I hope that I would have been wrong....Never hate the Leafs more than I do now.
LA and Boston are pretty similar. They are a tight checking team with pretty good depth. I'd say LA's counter game is even quicker than Boston's and Quick is the goalie to beat in the POs. Toews has been targeted all POs too, and he was able to lose his cool and bounce back, lead his team out from a 3-1 series deficit.
They've been the team of the year all season. Beating them isn't impossible, but I don't think I can really put anybody past them.
Chicago might get rid of the SC Champs in 4 as well.

You're on a Boston high right now, and they just played a game where pretty much every thing went their way. I wouldn't make it a norm.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
LA is badly hurt and do not have the system the Bruins has. Quick didn't look bad in game 1.
They lost Richards for one game. Let's not exaggerate, unless you consider Stoll and Martinez as key losses. Richards is a big blow but they're not badly hurt. They're the SC Champs, they have enough depth.
We were badly hurt. We had 5 of our top 12 forwards out.

Old
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
They lost Richards for one game. Let's not exaggerate, unless you consider Stoll and Martinez as key losses. Richards is a big blow but they're not badly hurt. They're the SC Champs, they have enough depth.
I guess we'll find out in due time. There's nothing more that I wish then to be wrong. Just have that feeling...

Old
06-03-2013, 11:47 PM
haburger

rask and the boston d look unbeatable.pit is lost .this could end very fast.

Old
06-03-2013, 11:55 PM
UrsusArctos

Bruins fan here. Apologies if I'm intruding. I just wanted to say that despite the reciprocal loathing for one another's teams, I've always respected Hab fans for their knowledge of the game and it is on full display in this thread.
At the risk of sounding like a sycophant, I have to say, I've seen more reasonable, thoughtful, intelligent analysis and understanding of the game of hockey on display in this brief thread than all of the half-assed, hackneyed and lazy analysis put forth by the 'professional' media combined. AINEC.
Kudos. A breath of fresh air.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:00 AM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
quick will rebound huge tomorow night.dont know if they ll win,they look real tired,but quick will give em a chance.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:04 AM
DAChampion

No doubt about it, there is better analysis on hfboards the in the media.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:17 AM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Plekachu Subban Price for Rask Krejci Lucic
Is this an obsession man? your Plekachu thing...at the beginning i was telling me that it was a funny thing but now after month and month of reading the same ****ing thing about Plekachu. ..

Man just growth or meet a psycho.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:05 AM
FinnHab

Lol, hopefully Bruins sweep penguins and they whiny superstars. I hate Penguins...

Old
06-04-2013, 02:05 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
Is this an obsession man? your Plekachu thing...at the beginning i was telling me that it was a funny thing but now after month and month of reading the same ****ing thing about Plekachu. ..

Man just growth or meet a psycho.
at some point, i wish the mods would add Plekachu to the list of troll words. like 'Rags. 'cause it's ****ing annoying

Old
06-04-2013, 03:15 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Lol, hopefully Bruins sweep penguins and they whiny superstars. I hate Penguins...
Same here. I can't even believe I'm wanting the Bruins to win. I feel dirty but I can't help but admire how good they're playing. And obviously, I utterly despise the Pens, especially Crosby. **** that **********.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Didn't watch the game but I take it Bylsma is proving he never deserved a Jack Adams. I think he's in the bottom half of the league as a coach. Only reason they won a cup with him was because he didn't have enough time to get rid of Therrien's system in 25 games. Since they started playing "Bylsma hockey" they've been leaving the playoffs early every year. Would have went out in the first round this year if it weren't for ridiculously biased reffing.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:46 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Let's hope so....but that's not what I think unfortunately.
Neither the Isles nor Senators had the kind of system to expose the Penguins defensive weaknesses. The Bruins do. Unfortunately.

Neither the Kings nor Blackhawks have the weak back end that the Penguins do. A Bruins/anyone final won't go as smoothly for Boston methinks. I sure hope anyway. Sitting through a second Bruins Cup win in this lifetime would be pretty revolting

I did figure that the Hawks/Kings series would be the de facto Cup final though. I think both teams are stronger than the Bruins and either should be considered the favorite in a matchup against them, though the Kings are starting to look like they're getting banged up and running out of gas. Hawks & Bruins both look pretty healthy. An O-6 final would be pretty cool, I guess. Hasn't happened since 79, right?

Old
06-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I must admit I really hope Bergevin can build something that's similar to what they have in Boston. I trust Bergevin and we have great players in place already, a few tweaks here and there I think we can be just as good for years

Old
06-04-2013, 08:10 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I must admit I really hope Bergevin can build something that's similar to what they have in Boston. I trust Bergevin and we have great players in place already, a few tweaks here and there I think we can be just as good for years
Well, he's is going to have to tell Timmons to draft guys bigger than 5'11", 190 pounds. And, instead of picking up little guys like Cube he's going to have to think of larger bodies to get a blend of speed and power and physicality.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:15 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusArctos View Post
Bruins fan here. Apologies if I'm intruding. I just wanted to say that despite the reciprocal loathing for one another's teams, I've always respected Hab fans for their knowledge of the game and it is on full display in this thread.
At the risk of sounding like a sycophant, I have to say, I've seen more reasonable, thoughtful, intelligent analysis and understanding of the game of hockey on display in this brief thread than all of the half-assed, hackneyed and lazy analysis put forth by the 'professional' media combined. AINEC.
Kudos. A breath of fresh air.
thanks. As much as I hate your boys, they are certainly play great hockey and firing on all cylinders. What I like about your team this year is that you are not gooning it up but just playing good solid physical hockey. I'm sure if you were playing my team you would probably be gooning it up a bit because everyone does that to us and your big boys like to push around my little boys. (We seem to bring that out of teams.)

Old
06-04-2013, 08:19 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Well, he's is going to have to tell Timmons to draft guys bigger than 5'11", 190 pounds. And, instead of picking up little guys like Cube he's going to have to think of larger bodies to get a blend of speed and power and physicality.
step 1 : hire a Timmons.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Agreed we don't need midgets like Krejci or Marchand.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
step 1 : hire a Timmons.
I think he's already signed with the Steelers.

Would definitely add some size though...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1...wrence-timmons

Old
06-04-2013, 08:24 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I think he's talking about giants such as Peverley, Krug or Kelly

Old
06-04-2013, 08:29 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
We have enough of those kind of guys. You need a balance my friend. This may be the only team without 200 pound bangers. And please don't call MOAN a banger, and Max certainly isn't one.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
More than a few tweaks away, closer to half a decade. Boston is arguably the deepest team in the NHL they didn't get that way in a couple of years.

But right now I am confident that Bergevin knows this, unlike his predecessor(s).

Old
06-04-2013, 08:37 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Don't you guys find that a cup in the division is a good thing? Overall it forces GM's to be even better and raises the bar. Ultimately I think all clubs benefit from it. Not to mention since Montreal faces Boston so often, and beats them a lot, it helps build a better Montreal club. Imho the first step for the Habs in winning a cup comes with a rival doing it, and then deciding "we can be better than them". Sure beats watching Sid raise another one, everyone knows they're good.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:44 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
We have enough of those kind of guys. You need a balance my friend. This may be the only team without 200 pound bangers. And please don't call MOAN a banger, and Max certainly isn't one.
huh, Krejci is a PPG player in the playoffs, since you think we already have enough like him, you sure can name ONE Habs who's a PPG playoff performer, right ?

Old
06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Krejci, Marchand, Paille, Kelly, Peverley, Seguin, Bergeron, Campbell arent any bigger than that...

and they won their first two rounds with Bartowski and Krug on D who arent big by any means...

Closed Thread