HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great article about a Canucks fan becoming a Panthers season tix holder

Old
05-24-2013, 11:42 AM
HamDangled

vCash: 500
Great article about a Canucks fan becoming a Panthers season tix holder

This is a great article really worth the read! http://www.cavemag.com/my-year-as-a-...ticket-holder/

HamDangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:44 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1434397

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:46 AM
HamDangled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
Ahh beat me to it. Oh well, glad others can see it

HamDangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamDangled View Post
This is a great article really worth the read! http://www.cavemag.com/my-year-as-a-...ticket-holder/
Great article, it's just too bad the organization treats its long standing SSH like garbage. Honestly, it was a nice story but the organization isn't really that nice.
Yormark is a clown! I'm sure he didn't think that person was actually going to fly to Florida to see a Panther game, then had to eat his words when the fan showed up. Including myself, I know of 5 or 6 former SSH who didn't renew due to poor customer service. Regardless of my passion for the team, I will never buy tickets again due to the treatment and blatant disrespect by members of that organization including Yormark. Yes, the price was great but customer service is key. Free jerseys are a wonderful idea, but years past, they offered free jerseys but they were authentic jerseys with any players name on the back, not a cheap,blank jersey. Again, free is great, can't complain about free but they are lowering their standards and its a shame.
I guess for me, having the Panthers organization treat me so poorly after I've been a die-hard fan who's supported this franchise with all the horribly bad trades, bad drafting, bad signings( or lack there of) bad coaching, bad management and just plan bad hockey, and always cheering for them and standing up for them,just left a really bad taste in my mouth. There's not even a way to contact Viner, to send a letter of concern or complaint. It's almost heartbreaking in a way. Being so passionate about the game and the team and you'd think the organization would take care of its fans, diehard or new, but they don't. I hate to say it but this team needs all the fans it can get considering we are a small market and haven't found success yet (although real close and on the right track)

Last edited by Pantherfan12: 05-24-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:19 PM
KWGoon

I don't believe it. It's gotta be done by Yorkman. He'll do anything to make himself look good.

The dead giveaway was the "and I caught a t-shirt". Please.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Boooooth10

It would be nice if Yorkman treated all of our STHs this way.

And how did he get the jersey so easily? I remember people saying on here that they never even got theirs.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 07:20 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Smells fishy.

Then again, when doesn't it when Dorkman is involved?

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 09:18 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

GR should publish this article in the herald. He has a great point. Where are you going to get the excitement and entertainment in South Florida for the price the Panthers offer? You can't. The problem is that the majority of people dont know or never heard about hockey here.

Would you rather spend 8 dollars at the movies or 8 dollars at a panthers game? Thats the decision, imo a neutral south florida person could decide.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 09:26 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I guess I'm the only one that was somewhat annoyed by the condescending tone of the article and the fact that the organization continues too spend too much time and effort trying to reach out to "new customers" instead of instilling loyalty in their current customer base.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:23 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I guess I'm the only one that was somewhat annoyed by the condescending tone of the article and the fact that the organization continues too spend too much time and effort trying to reach out to "new customers" instead of instilling loyalty in their current customer base.
No your not!

Perhaps ive become Canadaphobic, but i thought this was canuck fans mocking us. In fact, when goldie tweeted it i responded to him and Yormark your being played.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Wasn't really a fan, either, about many parts if it.

05-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
I didn't feel like the article was mocking.

I do wish I lived down here instead of in Alexandria, VA or I would be a season ticket holder.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:07 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
No your not!

Perhaps ive become Canadaphobic, but i thought this was canuck fans mocking us. In fact, when goldie tweeted it i responded to him and Yormark your being played.
i agree the tone was mocking in many aspects but he brings up a valid point.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 09:28 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I wonder if he ever mentioned that he was writing a blog when he contacted Yokmok.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 08:41 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Nope you weren't the only one I read it and felt the same way. I get an e-mail from "Viner" asking me to renew and you see this and your like crap why should I renew. It was a typical condescending Canadian big market fan. And of course Yormark goes with any press is good press. And like AG said Goldie being a good little toadie passes it on.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Big Bjugs
Amat victoria curam

I don't want to hijack this guy's story or anything but I also didn't like the tone of his article.

I don't post on here, I like to lurk but its a slap to my face being a "true" Panther's fan, living in a small town in B.C.

It was damn near impossible to get my wife and I two jerseys, but finally they are coming and hopefully sometime this week.

I watch every game on Center Ice. This guy does f-all and gets the world. And and and doesn't even seem to really care about the Cats. Of course he may now after the world was handed to him.

Anyhow I didn't like the article at all and I hope one day in the near future we can get out there and catch a few games.

Last edited by Big Bjugs: 06-13-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Big Bjugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Hockeypuckhead

Saw nothing wrong with the article at all. Liked it myself.

Hockeypuckhead is offline   Reply With Quote