HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech prospects thread

Old
06-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Czechexpert

vCash: 500
Thank you very much. Sounds similar to our other Czech prospect David Pastrnak, or am I completely lost in the woods?[/QUOTE]

I like Jasek but Pastrnak is even at higher level. "Pasta" is possible first round prospect for me.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I like Jasek but Pastrnak is even at higher level. "Pasta" is possible first round prospect for me.

Thanks for your input

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

CHL import draft is tomorrow. Any thoughts which names we will see there ?

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 05:41 PM
smitty10

Pretty weak draft for the Czech's this year. Only three players went; one overager in Patrik Bartosak and two first timers in Jan Kostalek and Dominik Kubalik.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Pretty weak draft for the Czech's this year. Only three players went; one overager in Patrik Bartosak and two first timers in Jan Kostalek and Dominik Kubalik.
Worst since 1978 when Ladislav Svozil was the only one drafted. Curiously enough after 76 and 77 when we were gold medalist from WC (Ivan Hlinka tribute forever)

Old
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
JuniorMajeur

Karabacek be draft by the Gatineau Olympiques in the Import Draft. Can some body give me info about him, send videos, pictures, anything from him. I can't find something about him.

And can some on be nice and translate this in English if possible;

http://webhokej24.cz/dorost/rozhovor...jovat-jako-tym

JuniorMajeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorMajeur View Post
Karabacek be draft by the Gatineau Olympiques in the Import Draft. Can some body give me info about him, send videos, pictures, anything from him. I can't find something about him.

Datsyuk-lite. He can better skate than walk.

Old
07-03-2013, 01:21 PM
JuniorMajeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Datsyuk-lite. He can better skate than walk.
What you mean?

JuniorMajeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
What you mean?
It was in your article. Karabacek's parents laugh from this fact. He was inline skater before he stands on the ice first time. I can't imagine this, because he said, that he started as 3-years old play hockey for Sparta. So, what a hell of age he was an inliner, as 2 years old or so?

Old
07-03-2013, 02:43 PM
joey16

Very happy with the CHL draft.. just 11 guys, that's good. I'm really glad that guys like Vrana, Pastrnak, Pyrochta, Jenys and others are staying in Europe.
Little surprised that Simon is heading overseas. I thought he would be lock to play for Sparta in Extraliga because of the new rule.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:

Skilled, scoring winger with good skating and hockey sense. Not big but not afraid to take hit and play in traffic. Nice prospect. Gatineau could be really good fit for him.

Old
07-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Very happy with the CHL draft.. just 11 guys, that's good. I'm really glad that guys like Vrana, Pastrnak, Pyrochta, Jenys and others are staying in Europe.
Little surprised that Simon is heading overseas. I thought he would be lock to play for Sparta in Extraliga because of the new rule.
Same as me. I still can't believe it. But I got a feedback from Czechexpert that said He sure will go. Please NO !!!

Old
07-03-2013, 09:52 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
I thought he would be lock to play for Sparta in Extraliga because of the new rule.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Czech league, what is that new rule?

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:57 AM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Czech league, what is that new rule?
Well, as for new season, there is a new rule which limits number of players over 20 (not in junior age) on the roster so that teams would be forced to use their young junior players more.
There was plenty of discussion, it's very controversial but I think it's necessary on this stage of our hockey. I guess we'll see after this season if it helps or not.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:20 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
CHL import draft is tomorrow. Any thoughts which names we will see there ?
The Belleville Bulls selected '96 born F David Tomasek with the 56th overall pick. All we really seem to know about him is that he has been playing in the United States for 3 years, but apparently had very impressive stats with HC Sparta Praha before coming over.

Has anyone here seen him play enough to provide a scouting report? Thanks in advance!

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 01:58 PM
czechcanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
The Belleville Bulls selected '96 born F David Tomasek with the 56th overall pick. All we really seem to know about him is that he has been playing in the United States for 3 years, but apparently had very impressive stats with HC Sparta Praha before coming over.

Has anyone here seen him play enough to provide a scouting report? Thanks in advance!
Yeah i noticed that too.. His stats are pretty good. Im no scout but i am going to see him play Oct. 27th so ill let you know..

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 02:03 PM
czechcanadian

Quote:
Skilled, scoring winger with good skating and hockey sense. Not big but not afraid to take hit and play in traffic. Nice prospect. Gatineau could be really good fit for him.
He was only rated as a "C" skater by NHL central Scouting... A little odd considering his phenomenal stats and all the good things ive heard of him. hes currently doing really well in gatineau... better then many prospects that were rated "B" skaters.. What would you rate him?

Old
10-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechcanadian View Post
He was only rated as a "C" skater by NHL central Scouting... A little odd considering his phenomenal stats and all the good things ive heard of him. hes currently doing really well in gatineau... better then many prospects that were rated "B" skaters.. What would you rate him?
I would say "B"

Old
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
joey16

Tomáš Nosek has been putting up very good numbers in Extraliga recently. He has 28 matches and 25 points (11+14 - also most of those assists are primary). I remember Czechexpert two or three years ago saying he has a potential and he could be grabbed by some NHL team in draft. Didn't happen.
Similar case is Machovský, this year - 20 matches, 93.6% svs, that's pretty amazing for so young goalie (especially when you take into consideration that now already backup goalie Mensator has just 90.1%). Over three years he had been always at least mentioned in draft talk (in his draft year and also as an overager) but he was never drafted.
We'll see if they can keep it up but since it seems that these two guys finally broke out, what do you think are their chances now? I guess they could be decent later picks.

Old
12-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Czechexpert

[QUOTE=joey16;75651469]Tomáš Nosek has been putting up very good numbers in Extraliga recently. He has 28 matches and 25 points (11+14 - also most of those assists are primary). I remember Czechexpert two or three years ago saying he has a potential and he could be grabbed by some NHL team in draft. Didn't happen.

I always say that if his name was Tomas Noseksson than he would have been at worst fifth round pick two years ago... Still will need additional time to develop though.

Jiri Sekac is another maybe even more intriguing young free agent, plays really well for Lev this season.

Old
12-07-2013, 04:01 AM
joey16

Quote:
I always say that if his name was Tomas Noseksson than he would have been at worst fifth round pick two years ago... Still will need additional time to develop though.

Jiri Sekac is another maybe even more intriguing young free agent, plays really well for Lev this season.
Exactly. I feel the same way (and it's in general).
Thnaks for your feedback anyway, interesting to hear that about Sekáč.

Old
12-25-2013, 05:50 PM
czechcanadian

Czech Expert... Im just curious to know if you have seen late 99 born Filip Zadina play yet? Is he as good as his stats show?

Old
12-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechcanadian View Post
Czech Expert... Im just curious to know if you have seen late 99 born Filip Zadina play yet? Is he as good as his stats show?
twice
looks good but still very young. Should be in U16 national team as underager IMO.

Old
12-26-2013, 07:46 PM
czechcanadian

Quote:
twice
looks good but still very young. Should be in U16 national team as underager IMO.
Ok Thanks for the info!

Old
12-27-2013, 06:21 AM
zorz

Quote:
twice
Btw, what do you think about U16 selection? I've read some strongly critical opinions.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote