HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/7/06 Panthers Vs Thrashers

Old
10-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 500
Probably the easiest game Atlanta will have this season. Hopefully for the Panthers, this is the worst. Auld came in and did a great job. Could've been a different game if Niewy scores on the great chance in the first. Hopefully we bounce back big.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
i know nieuwendyk bertuzzi chemistry is really rocking. i hope martin doesnt mess with it that much..

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

This team hasn't won there for some time. Was hoping for an obviously much better performance tonight, but hopefully this will be a wake up call to get them back in shape.

There's still 80 games to go.

10-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotChiliPanthers View Post
well, that's pretty much what I was expecting with our goaltending. From cup contender one game to non-playoff team the next game. Bad goals will do that to a team. It sucks everything out of the players knowing they have shaky goaltending back there.
Sooo, why'd the team struggle with Luongo in net for so many years? Shaky goaltending?

Non-playoff contender after one game...who's the emotional one?

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:47 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
belfour had a much better chance of starting on monday if he played well tonight...use some common sense.
uh... no, i don't think that's common sense. although martin started belfour tonight, it's pretty clear that auld is the starter and the future for this team in goal. he starts belfour 2 nights in a row b/c he has a nice night and you start all kindsa wheels turning.

anyhow, i was only half serious... trying to be a little provocative. eddie invited it with those first two goals. jeez, were they embarassing.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:47 PM
justapantherfan

It never fails. We hand out an *** whipping and the next game we play we get handed one.

justapantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

lol exactly justapantherfan

Old
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Happy Girl

There's a reason we play 82 games. Are we as good as the team that played on Friday? No. Are we as bad as the team that played tonight? No. We have some positives that we can build on:
1. The Olesz - Nieuwendyk - Bertuzzi line
2. Auld came in tonight and did well despite the mess he was left with
3. Bouwmeester is playing well and with confidence

There are also some things we need to improve on, penalties being the first thing that comes to mind.

We will get through this and move on to Monday night's game. I think too many of the players were at Monday's game and forgot about the game we had tonight. Let's take the early spanking as a wake up call that we still have a long way to go and a lot of hard work that still needs to be done.

Yay! Go Panthers!

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
There's a reason we play 82 games. Are we as good as the team that played on Friday? No. Are we as bad as the team that played tonight? No. We have some positives that we can build on:
1. The Olesz - Nieuwendyk - Bertuzzi line
2. Auld came in tonight and did well despite the mess he was left with
3. Bouwmeester is playing well and with confidence

There are also some things we need to improve on, penalties being the first thing that comes to mind.

We will get through this and move on to Monday night's game. I think too many of the players were at Monday's game and forgot about the game we had tonight. Let's take the early spanking as a wake up call that we still have a long way to go and a lot of hard work that still needs to be done.

Yay! Go Panthers!

Agree, the glass is half full!

Old
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

On a positive note, Boston beats Tampa tonight...3-2.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Tampa lost tonight, too. Beat by the same team we spanked last night 3-2.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
HockeySS19

This Rangers - Flyers shootout is very entertaining though. Glad there is a Center Ice preview. They're in Round 11 now.

Make that round 12.

Ended in the 13th round. Quite entertaining.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Agree, the glass is half full!
Actually mine is empty - must get another beer. LOL

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaels87 View Post
uh... no, i don't think that's common sense. although martin started belfour tonight, it's pretty clear that auld is the starter and the future for this team in goal. he starts belfour 2 nights in a row b/c he has a nice night and you start all kindsa wheels turning.

anyhow, i was only half serious... trying to be a little provocative. eddie invited it with those first two goals. jeez, were they embarassing.
according to martin, they are both 1A/1A - which means if he wanted to, he could start belfour in back-to-back games.

if belfour played well, there's not a doubt in my mind he would have started again in toronto....now....not nearly as likely.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
my observations:
Everyone looked off key tonight not skating hard, almost every pass was off mark. Thrashers beat every single panther to the puck. Sim's goal set the tone for the game with Belfour giving a softy in the opening period.

Auld played particulary well in releaf and I really do feel he needs to be in net night in and night out.
Nieuwendyk-Bertuzzi-Olez line is still clicking we need to keep them together.
Bouwmeester played well looked like he was the only panther skating past thrasher players.

Gotta give credit when credit is due, the Thrashers just outplayed the Panthers they were given more chances on the PP and converted.
there is always tomorrow! Looking foward to the MAPLE LEAF game Denny Potvin was talking about how Belfour wanted to start against his former team but after a perfermance like tonights I hope Auld gets the nod

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:34 PM
jazz0r

i hope everyone was brought back down to earth after this one. i didn't even bother with the congratulatory thread for the friday game because this team/system hasn't sold me yet.

it's a shame that hartley owns martin every time they meet.

jazz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:38 PM
HockeySS19

I actually noticed when I was watching the first period of the home preseason game against Chicago and the first period of the Boston game that we played sloppy. Bad passes, lots of turnovers, not the best decisions, etc. That's pretty much how we played this whole game, which is not the way we need to play to win.

I hope a game like this is rare, and we see more of what we saw on Friday (not necessarily 8 goals, but some nice passes and hard work)

Old
10-07-2006, 10:43 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySS19 View Post
I actually noticed when I was watching the first period of the home preseason game against Chicago and the first period of the Boston game that we played sloppy. Bad passes, lots of turnovers, not the best decisions, etc. That's pretty much how we played this whole game, which is not the way we need to play to win.
actually, that's how we played friday as well. the difference is boston did not finish their chances and played very poor defensively, turning the puck over and allowing us all kinds of room. the team looks incredibly disorganized right now. you can see some potential but the defensive play has been very suspect.

Old
10-07-2006, 10:52 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
actually, that's how we played friday as well. the difference is boston did not finish their chances and played very poor defensively, turning the puck over and allowing us all kinds of room. the team looks incredibly disorganized right now. you can see some potential but the defensive play has been very suspect.
True but atleast our passes connected more often. Even if it was because of Boston's defense, they still connected.

Old
10-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
according to martin, they are both 1A/1A - which means if he wanted to, he could start belfour in back-to-back games.

if belfour played well, there's not a doubt in my mind he would have started again in toronto....now....not nearly as likely.
He might play him just to see if he rebounds from a bad performance. If he doesn't, it could be Auld's designated #1, and Eddie's given a boot out the door in favor of Anderson or Pelletier. Frankly, they were both better than Belfour in the preseason, so I've no qualms about that if "The Eagle" has lost his vision.

10-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Acadmus

Oh my freakin' lord, I just checked the boxscore. He allowed 4 goals on just 9 shots?!? The *******'s just using us for a retirement bid! Get rid of him and sue him for misrepresenting himself!

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 11:54 PM
zeroG

only one game but those first two goals were flat out embarassing.

hockeyss19 - what worries me is the first pass we're attempting in our end. allen, van ryn and salei look completely clueless, as if they have no options and are taking on the forechecker(s) alone. could be that the puck support is just not there. hard to tell from tv. hopefully it improves. it better.

also of concern is the performance in the face off circle. i don't think weiss looks very good in general but he can't win a face off to save his life. maybe the wrist isn't all the way back yet but he looks weak. atlanta owned the face off circle tonight 36-23 and that affected the flow of the game big time.

Old
10-08-2006, 01:28 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
only one game but those first two goals were flat out embarassing.

hockeyss19 - what worries me is the first pass we're attempting in our end. allen, van ryn and salei look completely clueless, as if they have no options and are taking on the forechecker(s) alone. could be that the puck support is just not there. hard to tell from tv. hopefully it improves. it better.

also of concern is the performance in the face off circle. i don't think weiss looks very good in general but he can't win a face off to save his life. maybe the wrist isn't all the way back yet but he looks weak. atlanta owned the face off circle tonight 36-23 and that affected the flow of the game big time.
From what I saw Weiss was skating decently hard out there and looked fairly quick. He'll take a little while to adjust back to top NHL game speed but from the speed I've seen, and the more we can work together and develop chemistry, I think the better he'll become.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 03:46 AM
HPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobakecookies View Post
Come on guys relax it's only a hockey game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXhbpVeQzo
I think it's safe to say that for most of us here... it's NOT only a hockey game..

LETS GO PANTHERS!!

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 08:23 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

weiss didnt look weak; what are you talking about

weiss was one of the players that gave a damn last night. he went out there and skated hard.