HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Anyone else expecting to see a goaltending change in Pittsburgh this summer?

It wouldn't surprise me terribly.
It would be smart. They have the pieces to make a deal, and they don't even need to give up important pieces for someone decent. They should keep Vokoun though IMO.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Boston is basically the type of team Babcock is trying to coach the Wings into. You've got fantastic two-way centers surrounded by big bodies who don't mind mucking it up. Combine that with a mobile and large D corp and you've got a menacing team.

And if Helm could stay healthy we'd find out if he can rise to Marchand level.
Yeah, I've thought a few times over the last few years that as much as Babs must like watch Pavel and Z put up some highlight plays, he would really like the defensive/physical presence that the B's bring to the ice. I'm certainly enjoying watching Boston take it to Pittsburgh so far.

No offense to Helm, but it'd be quite the jump to catch up to Marchand's level. I'd like to see him get there, but outside of Helm's speed advantage (and Marchand has wheels, just not like Helm), I'd take Marchand every time over Helm for his complete game.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
They don't hate it, but it makes life harder for their top scorers.

Which isn't unusual or anything, Zetterberg and Datsyuk also have problems scoring when they get smothered physically, like we saw in the Nashville series last year.

Boston is basically the type of team Babcock is trying to coach the Wings into. You've got fantastic two-way centers surrounded by big bodies who don't mind mucking it up. Combine that with a mobile and large D corp and you've got a menacing team.

And if Helm could stay healthy we'd find out if he can rise to Marchand level.
Marchand offensively is in a different galaxy than Helm.

Not going to see Helm do this stuff any time soon.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Pittsburgh Penguis is a perfect example, how tanking for years as a loser organization keeps you as a loser organization when the success should come. One lucky Cup thanks to opposite team injuries does not change that fact.

I like our model.

Old
06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Pittsburgh Penguis is a perfect example, how tanking for years as a loser organization keeps you as a loser organization when the success should come. One lucky Cup thanks to opposite team injuries does not change that fact.

I like our model.
Seems to be working for Chicago.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Don't think I would go with either team in the final four as an example of getting burned by it.

Columbus, Florida, Edmonton. You can be down there for awhile but it is just as much an act in luck of when you suck and who is in the draft during that time.

It looks like the next three years are good years to be really bad, as good as it has been since around the run on talent starting in 2003 for a couple of years.

Will be interesting to see who stays down there, the Flames didn't stink quite enough, but might still get lucky this year and be down there to collect Ekblad and McDavid then look out. There three picks in row would basically be a better time to have been down there than the Oilers.

It is about timing and luck, somebody is probably going to come out of the next three or four years with a monster future if it breaks right though.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:31 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
7. It would be a surprise if the Dallas Stars hired a new guy before Grand Rapids is eliminated from the AHL playoffs. Stars general manager Jim Nill and Griffins head coach Jeff Blashill have a history and a mutual respect. It doesn't mean Blashill is the favourite, but it would be a surprise if there wasn't a conversation over coffee and bonbons. Grand Rapids leads the Western Conference Final 3-2 over Oklahoma City.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...spiration.html

Old
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Eff off Nill...

Old
06-04-2013, 07:13 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Hopefully Nill stays classy and doesn't mess with the Wings organization. I want him to succeed and wish him the best, I just don't think he should try pulling more people away from Detroit.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:03 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Hope Boston beats the Hawks for the cup.

Hawks will once again have to dismantle their team.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Hopefully Nill stays classy and doesn't mess with the Wings organization. I want him to succeed and wish him the best, I just don't think he should try pulling more people away from Detroit.
Think about this from Blashill's perspective...

NHL head coaching job. OR! Remain locked behind one of the most respected NHL coaches. This is a life changing opportunity for a guy. If it's there, he has to take it, class be damned.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Dallas' new jerseys...

Great colors... Awful logo

Old
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Think about this from Blashill's perspective...

NHL head coaching job. OR! Remain locked behind one of the most respected NHL coaches. This is a life changing opportunity for a guy. If it's there, he has to take it, class be damned.
Yep. I'd hate it if he comes for him but there is no way he can turn that down. Every AHL coach wants to move to the NHL and you have to take your chance. Same with Stevie, does he stay here behind Holland hoping to get a chance some day to be GM? No way, he has to take the opportunity elsewhere.

Old
06-05-2013, 07:54 AM
InjuredChoker

Tippett weighs in on his situation.

Old
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Boston is so gosh darn scary. Completely neutralizing Pitt's skill. Iginla is garbage.

Closed Thread